Divisional Weekend Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Divisional Weekend Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:53 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:08 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:09 pm

Oh, I don't think they will, but I think they should 100 percent. Andy Reid knew he wasn't that good. :lol: That loss is 100 percent on him. Allen won them the game, McDermott lost it. I'd keep the guy tied to Allen and his success offensively, which is Daboll. Allen's signing his praise, saying he should be a HC. I'd make him that, with the Bills, and turf McDermott. I think they will regret not doing it. Time will tell.
I agree with this, I think McDermott is an okay coach, but I dont think he's a good game manager, i think that if Mcdermott didnt have Josh Allen and a good defense to bail him out, he'd be gone by now.
This may be true, but most HC's are poor game managers. Assuming Daboll will be better is a reach. McDermott is one of the better young HC's in the league. He is going nowhere
That's the thing we're arguing. He's not. The Bills won't get over the hump with him. We didn't say he'd get fired, we're saying he should. I hope the Bills keep him, as a fan of a team in the AFC.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:06 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:25 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:04 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:02 pm How’s Zach Wilson doing :dance: :lol:
I mean he's not doing any worse than Lawrence or Fields...

I find it funny that all the rookie QBs except Mac looked like bleep and Wilson's the only one who got shat on for it

Lawrence and Fields just got excuses (some of which are valid). Lance somehow had his value go up
Thanks and agreed KC, and yeah - Wilson is doing fine, thankyou for asking! It's just anti Jets-bias, which I completely understand. Washing that sort of institutional stink off isn't a single-season sort of project, especially not for a team with a rookie QB, rookie HC, rookie OC, and an OL comprised of rookies, 2nd year players, and some turnstiles that they borrowed from the MTA.

alewilliam789, some instructive viewing for your earballs and eyeballs, seeing as you asked such a well-intentioned, considerate, and not-at-all trolling question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8vxBYTGyBQ

Lance's value going up is freakin' hilarious. He hasn't even shown he can achieve at the Justin Fields level of play yet, let alone the Jalen Hurts level or even Lamar level that he's being priced at. It's all theoretical. There's no "there" there... not yet, at least.

Jimmy just played an absolute stinker in Lambeau and there wasn't even a moment of doubt as to whether Lance would relieve him.

Best believe if they win the Superbowl, the Niners might just run it back with Jimmy... they've set themselves up for a hilarious offseason of narrative.
My point being we all have strong takes and you asking where is Justin Herbert right now is basically the same comment lol.

Zach Wilson threw less TD passes in his rookie year than EJ Manuel and played 3 more games. Do not indoctrinate yourself in take lock.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:59 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:06 pm
mild wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:25 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:04 pm

I mean he's not doing any worse than Lawrence or Fields...

I find it funny that all the rookie QBs except Mac looked like bleep and Wilson's the only one who got shat on for it

Lawrence and Fields just got excuses (some of which are valid). Lance somehow had his value go up
Thanks and agreed KC, and yeah - Wilson is doing fine, thankyou for asking! It's just anti Jets-bias, which I completely understand. Washing that sort of institutional stink off isn't a single-season sort of project, especially not for a team with a rookie QB, rookie HC, rookie OC, and an OL comprised of rookies, 2nd year players, and some turnstiles that they borrowed from the MTA.

alewilliam789, some instructive viewing for your earballs and eyeballs, seeing as you asked such a well-intentioned, considerate, and not-at-all trolling question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8vxBYTGyBQ

Lance's value going up is freakin' hilarious. He hasn't even shown he can achieve at the Justin Fields level of play yet, let alone the Jalen Hurts level or even Lamar level that he's being priced at. It's all theoretical. There's no "there" there... not yet, at least.

Jimmy just played an absolute stinker in Lambeau and there wasn't even a moment of doubt as to whether Lance would relieve him.

Best believe if they win the Superbowl, the Niners might just run it back with Jimmy... they've set themselves up for a hilarious offseason of narrative.
My point being we all have strong takes and you asking where is Justin Herbert right now is basically the same comment lol.

Zach Wilson threw less TD passes in his rookie year than EJ Manuel and played 3 more games. Do not indoctrinate yourself in take lock.
FWIW by this standard this entire rookie class is all busts

Even Mac Jones fantasy points per game doesn't exactly compare favorably to rookies from prior years

The rest...you don't even want to know

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:20 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:06 pm My point being we all have strong takes and you asking where is Justin Herbert right now is basically the same comment lol.

Ehhhh. Invoking take lock? That's a bit of a stretch.

I think Justin Herbert is an incredible player. I've never said otherwise.

I simply disagreed that he's the 1.01 QB in a startup franchise, both real-world and fantasy. That is not a hot take. It's fine to have takes, but if you can't defend them reasonably, then you should expect them to be questioned. KTC has both Mahomes and Allen over Herbert right now, and it's not even really close. The fantasy community doth speaketh.

To the real world: I don't see how you can advocate for a guy that hasn't demonstrated that he's got the killer instinct of a winner over a guy that has. Mahomes is one game away from his 3rd Superbowl in 4 years. He is an absolute maniac mf-er who just added the "13 seconds" game to his playoff portfolio. Herbert is sipping Margaritas on the beach, and is yet to taste the playoffs, much less win (or more likely: lose) in them.

So as you can see, this is all very very relevant to how Zach Wilson is apparently a bust, and why I apparently have take lock. Thanks for checking in! :wave:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:53 pm

mild wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:20 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:06 pm My point being we all have strong takes and you asking where is Justin Herbert right now is basically the same comment lol.

Ehhhh. Invoking take lock? That's a bit of a stretch.

I think Justin Herbert is an incredible player. I've never said otherwise.

I simply disagreed that he's the 1.01 QB in a startup franchise, both real-world and fantasy. That is not a hot take. It's fine to have takes, but if you can't defend them reasonably, then you should expect them to be questioned. KTC has both Mahomes and Allen over Herbert right now, and it's not even really close. The fantasy community doth speaketh.

To the real world: I don't see how you can advocate for a guy that hasn't demonstrated that he's got the killer instinct of a winner over a guy that has. Mahomes is one game away from his 3rd Superbowl in 4 years. He is an absolute maniac mf-er who just added the "13 seconds" game to his playoff portfolio. Herbert is sipping Margaritas on the beach, and is yet to taste the playoffs, much less win (or more likely: lose) in them.

So as you can see, this is all very very relevant to how Zach Wilson is apparently a bust, and why I apparently have take lock. Thanks for checking in! :wave:
It's not even that. I don't care much about "QB wins"

This is Mahomes' down year stats:

66.3% Completion, 37 TD-13 INT, 5.6% TD-2% INT, 4839 yards, 7.4 YPA, 7.6 AY/A, 98.5 Passer Rating, 62.1 QBR, 381 rush yards, 2 rush TD

vs Herbert's:

65.9% Completion, 38 TD-15 INT, 5.7% TD-2.2% INT, 5014 yards, 7.5 YPA, 7.6 AY/A, 97.7 Passer Rating, 65.6 QBR, 302 rush yards, 3 rush TD

Mahomes' down year is equal to the best year of Herbert's career

His 2020, 2019 or 2018 blows both of these years away

It's not even like Herbert is playing on the Jaguars or Jets throwing to Laquon Treadwell and Braxton Berrios either

I don't blame him for the Chargers' lack of playoff success like I didn't blame Stafford for Lions sucking but he just isn't as good right now

Next gen stats like CPOE, EPA per dropback, etc make that even more clear

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:10 pm

Allen, Herbert, Mahomes are all going to be great for years to come. Mahomes did benefit from a year on the bench to learn a system and has been amazing with a proven great coach.

Herbert looked great with 5 minutes notice in week 1 and you could tell instantly he was polished entering the league.

Allen who may have the most overall raw talent was a blob of clay that has been molded into a great QB.

Burrow is right behind. All these QB's are fearless and will be debated for years. Mahomes obviously has the early lead as the best of the best but any of these have the skill set to be top dog some years IMO.

The rooks this year went to horrid situations by comparison but Lawrence in particular has the skill set to enter the party with the great young QB's in the AFC today.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts