Joe Burrow

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Joe Burrow

Postby Mike11 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:48 am

He doesn't have a thread so I'll gladly make one. Not that read receipts are easily proven on here but I thought it was wild when people had Lawrence over Burrow when we saw Burrow play productively and knew how good his supporting cast is without any evidence of Lawrence as a pro nor factoring in how gross Jacksonville was. Fact is, Burrow is an absolute baller who looks fully healthy and should absolutely be in the dynasty top 5 convo in my opinion.

Where do you all have him slotted? I own him and Dak on the same team and right now think I may value him more than Dak. I think he's right there with Herbert, Kyler and Lamar even though he doesn't have the legs of Kyler, Lamar or Allen he's throwing the ball like Mahomes right now.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Re: Joe Burrow

Postby dondickenson » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:03 am

I don’t differentiate much between top QBs.

Tier 1 is all Younger studs who should produce as QB1s going forward. Each is 26 years of age or younger, and I would pivot off of any of them for another in an arbitrage situation if possible:

P Mahomes, J Allen, K Murray, J Burrow, L Jackson, J Herbert

Lots of other great QBs but not at the age of the above guys which makes them so valuable. Those six guys, at their young age, are all top 9 in the NFL in fantasy PPG in 2021.

Burrow is as good as any of them.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:22 am

I have Burrow and always saw him as a solid QB1 but not in the elite tier of QB's (Mahomes, Rodgers, Lamar, Kyler, Allen) because he would put up a solid ~20 points but wasn't hitting the 30+ tier (let alone 40). That seems to have changed the past two weeks so while I still don't think he has the full season upside as Mahones/Lamar/Kyler, I would put him in that next tier which would include Allen/Dak/Herbert.

On the rankings he's currently QB7 so you may be able to argue he should be 1-2 spots higher, but I think the ranking is pretty close.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:45 am

Burrow was always the better player. Watching them in the same game 2 years ago, was apples and oranges. Trevor wilts under pressure. Loses any sort of mechanics. I was always low on him compared to most because I think he has accuracy issues, and some decision making issues. The 2 couldn't be further apart right now, in terms of future outlook.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:04 am

Yeah Trevor's stock is in the tank...

Coming into the year I had Tier 1 of Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Watson, Kyler, Herbert. Next tier for me was Dak, Russ, Arod and Burrow. Lawrence, Lance and Fields were basically a tier of their own outside of that as I liked their potential more than the Bakers and Tannehills out there.

Right now I'd probably move Dak and Burrow back up after they've come off their injuries and proven they are still legit. Watson has long been bumped down to join Russ/Arod in the "What the heck does the future hold for these 3?" Similar to my ranking of Burrow and Dak last offseason.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:45 am Burrow was always the better player. Watching them in the same game 2 years ago, was apples and oranges. Trevor wilts under pressure. Loses any sort of mechanics. I was always low on him compared to most because I think he has accuracy issues, and some decision making issues. The 2 couldn't be further apart right now, in terms of future outlook.
I agree with you, even Lawrence leading the nation in screen yards last year was overlooked by many. Burrow has an instinct and ability to read the field Lawrence doesn't possess right now. I get Burrow is 4 years older but to me this is still a cautionary tale for the future.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:38 pm

Checking my SF league he finished QB5 in total points and QB9 in average points per game. Rostering him, I can say he carried me through the playoffs to a championship (along with Chase).

Those couple of points established I'm inclined to agree that burrow appears to fit the mold of a dynamic passing QB with QB1 overall potential strictly on passing acumen and staying power. On the other hand, maybe reaching QB1 in any individual season will be harder and harder for that profile with more rushing QBs spreading around the nfl.

I am of the opinion that qb yardage scoring needs to evolve so that qb rushing is scored the same as passing (i.e. all qb yardage is scored equally whether that be 1pt per 25 yards or whatever). Until that happens (if ever) rushing QBs offer a higher weekly upside that has to be factored against burrow. He rushed for roughly a third the yards of Mahomes, for context. However, the dynamic passer profile that burrow fits typically includes a long career arch and a lot of staying power that is meaningful on a long horizon.

I prefer burrow to dak (perhaps more of a mccarthy issue for me), but I reckon I prefer all of mahomes, allen, kyler, and herbert to burrow. Jackson is right there neck and neck so I guess I'm in the QB5-6 range. That feels pretty chalky to me, but perhaps not. Burrow should definitely be in the top 5 qb discussion all off-season, imo.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:42 pm

DynoScout wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:38 pm Checking my SF league he finished QB5 in total points and QB9 in average points per game. Rostering him, I can say he carried me through the playoffs to a championship (along with Chase).

Those couple of points established I'm inclined to agree that burrow appears to fit the mold of a dynamic passing QB with QB1 overall potential strictly on passing acumen and staying power. On the other hand, maybe reaching QB1 in any individual season will be harder and harder for that profile with more rushing QBs spreading around the nfl.

I am of the opinion that qb yardage scoring needs to evolve so that qb rushing is scored the same as passing (i.e. all qb yardage is scored equally whether that be 1pt per 25 yards or whatever). Until that happens (if ever) rushing QBs offer a higher weekly upside that has to be factored against burrow. He rushed for roughly a third the yards of Mahomes, for context. However, the dynamic passer profile that burrow fits typically includes a long career arch and a lot of staying power that is meaningful on a long horizon.

I prefer burrow to dak (perhaps more of a mccarthy issue for me), but I reckon I prefer all of mahomes, allen, kyler, and herbert to burrow. Jackson is right there neck and neck so I guess I'm in the QB5-6 range. That feels pretty chalky to me, but perhaps not. Burrow should definitely be in the top 5 qb discussion all off-season, imo.
Great post

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:41 pm

DynoScout wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:38 pm
I'm a fan of The Fantasy Footballers podcast. They have been saying this for years. It makes perfect sense. I hate having to say "this player sucks in real life but they're great for fantasy". Our game should reward greatness, not mediocrity.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:56 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:41 pm
DynoScout wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:38 pm
I'm a fan of The Fantasy Footballers podcast. They have been saying this for years. It makes perfect sense. I hate having to say "this player sucks in real life but they're great for fantasy". Our game should reward greatness, not mediocrity.
Time to revive this thread I started! I love hearing this.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195415&p=1786699&hi ... s#p1786699
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:28 am

do you know how many leagues i got knocked out of due to burrow and higgins/chase putting my teams to the sword. a lot.

when i really needed chase the week before in the only league i owned him he caught 1 pass for 4 yards.

stupid fantasy football.