Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby willistylz1979 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:52 am

Saw the pictures of his Vette and the front end damage. Knowing that he was traveling around 156MPH on side streets, that’s reprehensible. I’d like to know what he did after the crash. I’m assuming multiple airbags went off and saved his life. Can’t imagine being intoxicated and possible Concussion, loss of consciousness that he had a chance to help the driver get out of the vehicle that caught on fire. I wonder if the fire started instantly. This is a terrible tragedy and the person he hit was only 23 I think. Can’t imagine what her family is going though. He deserves the book thrown at him and the maximum penalty they can charge him with.
12 Team MFL Classic League PPR
1-QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-3 TE, Flex RB/WR/TE
QB- Stafford, Bryce
RB- Swift, Pierce, Hunt, CEH
WR- A.J Brown, Diggs, Godwin, Flowers, Pickens, Mims, Beckham, Demario Douglas, Shakir, Wicks
TE- Freiermuth, Kmet, Mayer
Picks - 1.04 2.04 3.04

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB: Herbert, Tua
RB: Barkley, Dillon, Achane, Akers, D.Harris
WR: Godwin, Jefferson, DeVonta, C.Watson, Ridley, Jamo, Sutton, E.Moore, M.Williams, Gabe D
TE: Kelce, Mayer
Own all my 24-25 Picks

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB- Love, DJ
RB- Jacobs, J.Cook, Tank, Mattison
WR- Chase, Evans, Pittman, Bateman, Cooper, MT, Mike Williams, T.Burks, Skyy, G. Pickens, M.Wilson
TE- Laporta, Njoku
Own all my 24-25 Picks

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:06 am

Maybe the title of the thread could do with an edit.

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:18 pm

based on the mug shot im really surprised he doesn't have more superficial damage to his face going that fast.

150+ mph
way over the legal limit
results in an innocent death

But he chooses to draw the line of bad decisions by making sure he has his seatbelt on?

want to feel for a young kid making a really dumb choice, but when it harms others its hard to have sympathy.

This will live with him forever. Cant imagine what his and the victims families are going through right now. Garbage situation all around
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Geno/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/Braelon Allen
WR: Nabers/McConkey/N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/P. Brown
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens/Bullard

actionjackson
Rookie
Rookie

Postby actionjackson » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:19 pm

Loaded gun too...This is absolutely terrible.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/henry-ru ... rosecutors

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:59 pm

actionjackson wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:19 pm Loaded gun too...This is absolutely terrible.

What's the law about a registered firearm in car the state of Nevada? I don't want to assume it was registered, though, because he's obviously not the greatest at following protocol's.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:01 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:18 pm based on the mug shot im really surprised he doesn't have more superficial damage to his face going that fast.

150+ mph
way over the legal limit
results in an innocent death

But he chooses to draw the line of bad decisions by making sure he has his seatbelt on?

want to feel for a young kid making a really dumb choice, but when it harms others its hard to have sympathy.

This will live with him forever. Cant imagine what his and the victims families are going through right now. Garbage situation all around
A bad concussion, I heard, too. His 3rd. His career is over. Rightfully so. The sad irony is, he gives the 3 fingers to the sky on every TD in remembrance of his best friend.......who was killed in a car accident. He deserves the maximum sentence if the information coming out is accurate.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Draftnik
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Draftnik » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:14 pm

These new bits of news are alarming. 156?

I retract my previous statements saying he may be able to strike a plea deal, and I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Given he's a professional athlete it probably still won't be as extreme as an average civilian sentence, sadly. I hope I'm wrong.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:44 pm

Shcritters wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:13 am As stated by multiple people earlier in the thread, he's been charged with a crime that - if convicted - requires a MINIMUM 2 year jail sentence. Add a minimum year-long suspension from the NFL and we're talking about someone who won't play football for 3 years.

If you want to hold feel free to, but I'm pretty sure the roster spot can be used better elsewhere.
The truth is he will not be convicted of the same crime of which he was charged. That's generally not the way it works. He will plead guilty to a lesser crime and the DA will go along with it. That's the way the system is set up to work. The only way he will be convicted of the original charge is if he goes to court and fights the charge. In this case, I think that is highly unlikely. He will plead to a reduced crime, receive a lesser sentence, and settle out of court with the family of the person he killed.

All that said, I agree with you that Ruggs should be dropped in almost every fantasy situation. I don't think he'll play until 2023 at the earliest. And even if he plays it will be as a 3rd WR on his team, which will not produce fantasy relevant stats. Certainly not worth holding for 2+ dead seasons
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:48 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:44 pm
Shcritters wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:13 am As stated by multiple people earlier in the thread, he's been charged with a crime that - if convicted - requires a MINIMUM 2 year jail sentence. Add a minimum year-long suspension from the NFL and we're talking about someone who won't play football for 3 years.

If you want to hold feel free to, but I'm pretty sure the roster spot can be used better elsewhere.
The truth is he will not be convicted of the same crime of which he was charged. That's generally not the way it works. He will plead guilty to a lesser crime and the DA will go along with it. That's the way the system is set up to work. The only way he will be convicted of the original charge is if he goes to court and fights the charge. In this case, I think that is highly unlikely. He will plead to a reduced crime, receive a lesser sentence, and settle out of court with the family of the person he killed.

All that said, I agree with you that Ruggs should be dropped in almost every fantasy situation. I don't think he'll play until 2023 at the earliest. And even if he plays it will be as a 3rd WR on his team, which will not produce fantasy relevant stats. Certainly not worth holding for 2+ dead seasons
If Ruggs was a star QB MAYBE MAYBE he comes back but highly unlikely. If he gets a slap on the wrist by the court system there is no way any NFL team signs a marginally talented murderer. I’ll bet everything I own he doesn’t play for an NFL team again it’s a different NFL than 10 years ago. They care much more about the backlash than resigning a WR3.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:53 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:44 pm

I'm honestly surprised you have so much confidence he's getting off (or slightly off) of all this. I mean, I'm skeptical of the legal system most times but Ruggs seems very guilty of manslaughter here. Maybe you're right, but this is one of the few times it seems very obvious to what he's done.

It's not like you were doing 90 in a 50 and the judge reduced it to 70. We are talking 100+ over the limit, DUI, loaded gun, and a death.

Is there a lesser crime you see fit for him to confess to and the DA and family will be content with it?

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:00 pm

I didn't say he would get off scott free. I said he would plead guilty to a lesser charge. And thus be handed a lesser sentence. There is no debating that is how the legal system is structured. He doesn't have to be a big star for this. The legal system doesn't want trials - it wants convictions via plea deals. If he cooperates with that, he'll receive a lesser conviction. Guaranteed.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:09 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:00 pm I didn't say he would get off scott free. I said he would plead guilty to a lesser charge. And thus be handed a lesser sentence. There is no debating that is how the legal system is structured. He doesn't have to be a big star for this. The legal system doesn't want trials - it wants convictions via plea deals. If he cooperates with that, he'll receive a lesser conviction. Guaranteed.
Ok, but again, what is the lesser crime here? Reckless driving? Carrying a loaded firearm? Then they just ignore the manslaughter charge? I don't think so

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:23 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:00 pm I didn't say he would get off scott free. I said he would plead guilty to a lesser charge. And thus be handed a lesser sentence. There is no debating that is how the legal system is structured. He doesn't have to be a big star for this. The legal system doesn't want trials - it wants convictions via plea deals. If he cooperates with that, he'll receive a lesser conviction. Guaranteed.
In this case, Ruggs is the one who doesn't want to go to trial. DA has no reason to give him a lesser charge. He's going to get manslaughter. He goes to trial and loses then he faces MORE time. What exact charge do you think his Vehicle Manslaughter charge/DUI will get dropped too?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:42 pm

As a Raiders fan, and someone who rosters Ruggs on over 50 percent of my Dynasty Rosters, I hope he doesn't get off lightly. He deserves a harsh sentence for that type of negligence. I consider him worthless in this little game we play, at this point. Maybe some rebuilding team will pay a 4th, or have him tacked on to a trade as a throw in in deeper roster leagues, but that's it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:59 pm
actionjackson wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:19 pm Loaded gun too...This is absolutely terrible.

What's the law about a registered firearm in car the state of Nevada? I don't want to assume it was registered, though, because he's obviously not the greatest at following protocol's.
The gun argument is simply for some news affect as it has nothing to do with it although it would be pretty silly to carry an unloaded gun around.

But to answer your question; it is similar to Texas I believe.

As an example, I can OPEN carry my Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm in a holster on my hip in Texas without any permit at all. However, I also have a concealed carry permit so I don't have to open carry. In other words, one typically needs a permit to conceal a firearm.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts