Overpay for A Jones?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which Side?

Aaron Jones
50%
Two 2022 Firsts + Rashod Bateman
50%

Total votes: 4

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Overpay for A Jones?

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:27 pm

Team is in my signature. I'm 5-3, 1st place in my division, 3rd overall, and 5th in points, and thinking of making a run for it.

I'd like to add some RB depth, the only stud seemingly available in my league is Aaron Jones. His manager wants two 2022 firsts (both likely late) + Rashod Bateman.

It feels like a bit of an overpay and most trade calculators (including DLF) say that it is.. but if this is my only shot at strengthening my RB core, do I do it? Or do I stick it out with what I have?

Thanks
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Overpay for A Jones?

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:38 pm

If you are all in, I think Jones is the way to go. The 1sts are late in a poor class and Bateman may or may not hit at this point and you are bringing in a top 7 back. The price does not seem too much if you are all in to me. Jones age plays a factor, but he is locked up long term with solid money.

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:29 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:38 pm If you are all in, I think Jones is the way to go. The 1sts are late in a poor class and Bateman may or may not hit at this point and you are bringing in a top 7 back. The price does not seem too much if you are all in to me. Jones age plays a factor, but he is locked up long term with solid money.
Thanks man. Does the whole Rodgers saga worry you for next year and beyond at all?
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:33 pm

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:29 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:38 pm If you are all in, I think Jones is the way to go. The 1sts are late in a poor class and Bateman may or may not hit at this point and you are bringing in a top 7 back. The price does not seem too much if you are all in to me. Jones age plays a factor, but he is locked up long term with solid money.
Thanks man. Does the whole Rodgers saga worry you for next year and beyond at all?
Hard to say what happens with Rodgers. He said he would not play in Green Bay this year, yet here we are. Either way, Jones is a really solid back and could be even better if he was relied on more/got more touches and carries.