General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Pre-season: Week 2 discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:33 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:11 am
jomaed wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:56 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am I am not a fan of Justin Fields at all and we cant deny he has had some ball security issues early in the preseason, this alone will keep him away from starting for a few weeks
What ball security issues are we talking about here? I don't see any INTs through 2 games. No lost fumbles either. All behind an awful line and throwing to 3/4th string WRs. He only threw 9 INTs his entire college career, and a ridiculously low turnover worthy play %.
I didn’t get that comment either. And rewatching his play from yesterday, he played better than what my initial impression was.
Yeah, he's just slow to make reads, held the ball too long at times. Didn't feel or anticipate the pressure that well, but his mobility is impressive. He's certainly not ready to take on the Rams week 1, but depending on the outcome of the first few weeks, I could see him getting in there sometime in October, if things go poorly for the Bears.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:35 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am I am not a fan of Justin Fields at all and we cant deny he has had some ball security issues early in the preseason, this alone will keep him away from starting for a few weeks
What ball security issues are we talking about here? I don't see any INTs through 2 games. No lost fumbles either. All behind an awful line and throwing to 3/4th string WRs. He only threw 9 INTs his entire college career, and a ridiculously low turnover worthy play %.
I didn’t get that comment either. And rewatching his play from yesterday, he played better than what my initial impression was.
He had a fumble in his first preseason game and during that sack yesterday (which i understand was questionable) he also dropped the football. Cant just ignore those plays.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:42 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:35 pm I really think Corey Davis will be a beast this year on volume

He has always been a target magnet with low volume in Tennessee behind one of the best WRs in football and now with a rookie (a great prospect but still a rookie) and Denzel Mims as the competition I really think he has a Robert Woods type late career resurgence

Not to mention a great QB prospect throwing to him
As a Davis owner, I hope you are right. I have been patiently waiting for him to escape the Titans and go somewhere he can shine.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:05 am

Walter W. wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:42 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:35 pm I really think Corey Davis will be a beast this year on volume

He has always been a target magnet with low volume in Tennessee behind one of the best WRs in football and now with a rookie (a great prospect but still a rookie) and Denzel Mims as the competition I really think he has a Robert Woods type late career resurgence

Not to mention a great QB prospect throwing to him
As a Davis owner, I hope you are right. I have been patiently waiting for him to escape the Titans and go somewhere he can shine.
To be fair, he had his chance to shine in Tennessee, and didn't. He's a solid WR, but will never be a top end guy.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:07 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:53 am
dark_knite03 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:10 pm Big hit on fields....
https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... urce=share

That hit wasn’t nearly as bad as it looked real time. But in real time - wow!
Plus Fields drops down a bit right before the hit, so it was worse than it needed to be.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:33 am

Yeah, he's just slow to make reads, held the ball too long at times. Didn't feel or anticipate the pressure that well, but his mobility is impressive. He's certainly not ready to take on the Rams week 1, but depending on the outcome of the first few weeks, I could see him getting in there sometime in October, if things go poorly for the Bears.
The NFL is just so much faster and complex than the college game. I agree with your comments and it’s to be expected.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:39 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:19 pm
Tennisbuck wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:55 pm One thing I’ve noticed about the Cards. I think Rondale Moore will be invoked early and often. Kyler has looked bad tonight but he’s looking Moore’s way.
Some manufactured touches close to the LOS will be his MO. Nuk and AJG will command most of the targets in season. I think Rondale may be a WR2 in FF someday if everything goes right for him.
I say even money AJG is a huge disappointment and Moore ends up a better option. The year was 2017 and it was the last time he was north 1000yds receiving. This expectation that he is now more than what Fitz was last year is something I simply don't understand. Love the guy and I hope I am wrong and has a probowl year but signs say slim chance.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:34 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:00 am Both Jones and Funk look good. They have a three-headed monster in LA. This is going to be the Niners backfield circa 2018 all over again. We might have a clearer picture after the first few weeks, but heading into week 1 of any redraft league, I'd rather spend small on Funk or Jones than to spend big on DH.

Patterson yet again looked like the best player on the field for the Washington Football Team. I love that kid. Powerful legs, great vision, quick thinker, etc. I've been touting him since predraft and the fact that he was a free agent signee didn't deter me at all. Kid can play! The other thing I love about him is that he does't celebrate anything. He gets up off the turf and immediately looks for a ref to throw the ball to so he can get into the huddle quicker. I love that mentality.

Michael Carter making a case with the Jets.

Kylin Hill continues to impress in Green Bay. I still hate his attitude, but it's hard to deny his talent.

Last week I mentioned that the thing to look for in these preseason games from week 1 to week 2 was for a team to elevate a player from backup last week to starter this week. Those are the guys to keep an eye on. We just saw that with Bryce Perkins, QB LAR. He had a great 2nd half last week, and then played the entire game this week. He's an undrafted 2nd year player, and this kid can move the pocket and make things happen. Stafford is the guy in LAR, but if you're in a deep SF, he's worth a stash for sure.
Would you drop Ty Johnson for Patterson ?
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:35 pm

Tennisbuck wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:34 amWould you drop Ty Johnson for Patterson ?
In a heartbeat.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:44 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:35 pm
Tennisbuck wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:34 amWould you drop Ty Johnson for Patterson ?
In a heartbeat.
Done. Patterson is starting to get some buzz. Thanks dude.
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:52 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:08 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am Why is no one talking about Trevor Lawrence? Every other Qb has been discussed. I havent heard a word on Lawrence. Am i just missing this?
Im talking overall really, havent even seen much about him in training camp
The Jacksonville effect.
The reports are out there on twitter and the TC beat pages (SI / espn / etc) if you want to go and look. He's doing fine.
But the truth is, nobody cares about the Jaguars - they are a poorly run poverty franchise who have managed to tank bass-ackwards into an all time generational QB prospect, and now we're just waiting around, counting down to the "Fire Urban" movement getting rolling on the Twitters and hoping they don't break golden boy in the meantime :lol:
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:05 am
Walter W. wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:42 am As a Davis owner, I hope you are right. I have been patiently waiting for him to escape the Titans and go somewhere he can shine.
To be fair, he had his chance to shine in Tennessee, and didn't. He's a solid WR, but will never be a top end guy.
If we're going to be fair... then we should probably bring Marcus Mariota into it, somehow.

Davis shined pretty bright last year. There really might be some smoke to this fire in Jets land. (I know, I can't believe I want to watch Jets games either)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:00 pm

mild wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:52 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:08 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:33 am Why is no one talking about Trevor Lawrence? Every other Qb has been discussed. I havent heard a word on Lawrence. Am i just missing this?
Im talking overall really, havent even seen much about him in training camp
The Jacksonville effect.
The reports are out there on twitter and the TC beat pages (SI / espn / etc) if you want to go and look. He's doing fine.
But the truth is, nobody cares about the Jaguars - they are a poorly run poverty franchise who have managed to tank bass-ackwards into an all time generational QB prospect, and now we're just waiting around, counting down to the "Fire Urban" movement getting rolling on the Twitters and hoping they don't break golden boy in the meantime :lol:
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:05 am
Walter W. wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:42 am As a Davis owner, I hope you are right. I have been patiently waiting for him to escape the Titans and go somewhere he can shine.
If we're going to be fair... then we should probably bring Marcus Mariota into it, somehow.

Davis shined pretty bright last year. There really might be some smoke to this fire in Jets land. (I know, I can't believe I want to watch Jets games either)
I mean, he still didn't hit 1000 yards, and only 5 TD's, With AJB drawing the top corners. Not sure that's really shining. Pretty sure Davis will be getting other teams top corners all year now, so colour me skeptical he's going to suddenly become a top end NFL WR.

Rondalebaby
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rondalebaby » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:33 am

He’s been sacked once this preseason, he’s working magic behind that absolute turnstile of a line - looks like he’s feeling pressure fine to me.

Classic case of the box score not doing a performance justice for Fields this week. He wasn’t elite, but he was solid.

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Walter W. wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:07 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:53 am
dark_knite03 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:10 pm Big hit on fields....
https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... urce=share

That hit wasn’t nearly as bad as it looked real time. But in real time - wow!
Plus Fields drops down a bit right before the hit, so it was worse than it needed to be.
Did fields miss calling the Blitzer or did the rb miss his assignment.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:00 pm
mild wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:52 pm If we're going to be fair... then we should probably bring Marcus Mariota into it, somehow.

I mean, he still didn't hit 1000 yards, and only 5 TD's, With AJB drawing the top corners. Not sure that's really shining. Pretty sure Davis will be getting other teams top corners all year now, so colour me skeptical he's going to suddenly become a top end NFL WR.
Yeah, that's probably fair enough.

A quick scout of who the Packers had out there last night as well... "freakin' nobody" defensively speaking... disappointing, I thought maybe they'd at least started some real players.

We need some real games and real data already. These pre-season morsels are gonna drive us all mad, have us all thinking Corey Davis is finally good... :lol: