FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tim Tebow Thread: To the Jags TE Convert

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:38 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:09 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:41 pm
Csl312 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:52 pm

Maybe cutting his good buddy Tim was the plan all along in an evil genius move to make the exact point of produce or be left behind? That's probably giving Meyer too much credit though.
Alternatively there’s always Occam’s razor.
You mean to tell me Tebow got cut because he wasn't good at a position he never played (and hasn't played in the league for 8 years?! And that he was only brought in due to the college connection, warm camp body and jersey sales?!
:lol:

Honestly, I don't think the Jags could have imagined the jersey sales being that good. That was a bit of a surprise for everyone. As you said, he hadn't been in the league for 8 years. I highly doubt the level of success that had was predicted. Had they cared that much about them, they also probably would have kept him on the roster as long as possible before cutting him. I don't think Tebow was brought in for jersey sales, I think it's likely that was just an unplanned bonus of having him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:29 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:38 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:41 pm

Alternatively there’s always Occam’s razor.
You mean to tell me Tebow got cut because he wasn't good at a position he never played (and hasn't played in the league for 8 years?! And that he was only brought in due to the college connection, warm camp body and jersey sales?!

Honestly, I don't think the Jags could have imagined the jersey sales being that good. That was a bit of a surprise for everyone. As you said, he hadn't been in the league for 8 years. I highly doubt the level of success that had was predicted. Had they cared that much about them, they also probably would have kept him on the roster as long as possible before cutting him. I don't think Tebow was brought in for jersey sales, I think it's likely that was just an unplanned bonus of having him.
I don’t know if they expected his jersey to be THE top selling jersey in the entire league right after his signing, but it’d be naive to think they had no idea he’d sell a shitload of jerseys. He had the top selling jersey in MLB while he was on a single A farm team.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:11 am

M-Dub wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:29 am

I don’t know if they expected his jersey to be THE top selling jersey in the entire league right after his signing, but it’d be naive to think they had no idea he’d sell a shitload of jerseys. He had the top selling jersey in MLB while he was on a single A farm team.
Imagine buying a jersey for a dude, and he never even gets a regular season snap with that team.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:14 am

Walter W. wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:11 am

Imagine buying a jersey for a dude, and he never even gets a regular season snap with that team.
Tebow fans, of which there are many, will not care. It's his hometown team with Tebow's name. Brass knew exactly that jersey sales would be astronomical. Shrewd. Low risk, high reward. Financially and PR speaking.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:53 pm

Walter W. wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:11 am

To be fair, I’d probably rock a Brock Lesnar jersey, and I’m not even a Vikings fan. Haha.

🦬PRIME🦬
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert

Hull Awaits

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:19 pm

I mean... people buy Browns jerseys :biggrin:

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:56 pm

If the Dolphins would sign Dwayne Johnson for a preseason game I'd buy that jersey too. Just sayin.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:37 pm

Yarnith wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:56 pm If the Dolphins would sign Dwayne Johnson for a preseason game I'd buy that jersey too. Just sayin.
Imagine if the Blackhawks pulled the same stunt with CM Punk. Those jerseys would fly off the shelves. Haha.

🦬PRIME🦬

Hull Awaits

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:47 am

Did anything actually believe this was going to be a thing?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06