Am I crazy?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which Side 12 team PPR

CMC & Dillon
61%
DK, Monty, Big Ben
39%

Total votes: 18

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Am I crazy?

Postby SStory93 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:25 pm

I don't know what it is, but I have huge hesitation on making this deal.

Tell me I am wrong

Giving: DK, D.Monty, Big Ben

for

Get: CMC, AJ Dillon

12 Team 1 pt PPR

Qb: T. Law
RB: Monty
RB: M. Davis
WR: DK
WR: AJB
WR: Chase
TE: Waller
Flx: K. Allen
SF: Tanny
Last edited by SStory93 on Wed May 26, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Am I crazy?

Postby Oddball456 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:27 pm

Not Crazy.

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Wed May 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Your team is a couple years away from contention; the time it would take for TLaw and Chase to come into their own. I don't see the need for you to get CMC now. DK, on the other hand, will still be there when your rookies are ready to dominate.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed May 26, 2021 12:30 pm

Id have such a hard time giving up DK, even if its for CMC. It's a pretty even trade.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 26, 2021 12:31 pm

tsarpepe wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:29 pm Your team is a couple years away from contention; the time it would take for TLaw and Chase to come into their own. I don't see the need for you to get CMC now. DK, on the other hand, will still be there when your rookies are ready to dominate.
x2 - I would easily hold Metcalf + based on your build.

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:32 pm

tsarpepe wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:29 pm Your team is a couple years away from contention; the time it would take for TLaw and Chase to come into their own. I don't see the need for you to get CMC now. DK, on the other hand, will still be there when your rookies are ready to dominate.
Couple years away! This website cracks me up. If you don't have a near perfect team, you're "couple years away". I can tell you right now I am tied for the 2nd best team in this league.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 26, 2021 12:35 pm

SStory93 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:32 pm
Couple years away! This website cracks me up. If you don't have a near perfect team, you're "couple years away". I can tell you right now I am tied for the 2nd best team in this league.
I still think Metcalf is the better dynasty piece, but if you think CMC gets you the title, go all in. Hopefully Lawrence and Chase hit out of the gate to help. and this forces Davis out of your starting lineup. Who would jump into your lineup as your other WR?

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:39 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:35 pm
I still think Metcalf is the better dynasty piece, but if you think CMC gets you the title, go all in. Hopefully Lawrence and Chase hit out of the gate to help. and this forces Davis out of your starting lineup. Who would jump into your lineup as your other WR?
That is why I have hesitation on the trade. I am more inclined to say no vs yes. How out of the gate do they need to be, right now it seems the consensus will be that Tlaw will be a top 15ish QB and Chase a 26ish WR next year. That seems pretty solid to me.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed May 26, 2021 12:41 pm

You have to realize we can't see your league. I think the posters above were referring to the fact that chase and TLaw are rookies that haven't played a single snap in the NFL yet and rookies don't usually put up top tier numbers out of the gate. That and you have Mike Davis as your RB2, in most leagues that wouldn't cut it.

Its not meant to be offensive, but constructive. If you don't like the answer, don't ask for one.

Like I said above, i'd have a hard time giving up Metcalf, even for CMC. I can understand the appeal of having league winning RBs in the short term though, so can't blame you if you want to.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 26, 2021 12:43 pm

SStory93 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:39 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:35 pm

That is why I have hesitation on the trade. I am more inclined to say no vs yes.
I'm with you there. You have a solid build overall but there is no saying that Lawrence and Chase hit right away or enough to push for a title. Both are fantastic dynasty prospects and assets, but we will see what they do point wise this year.

I'm not big on aging RB's at all, so I would much rather hold your side. I think Metcalf and Montgomery in your lineup week to week is more important than CMC and I have Metcalf very close to CMC in value straight up.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Wed May 26, 2021 12:43 pm

You have a solid team and I love the direction but I agree with the other posters, I think you are a year or two away. If you really are the #2 team in the league while starting a rookie QB & WR weekly, plus Monty and Davis as your RB1 and RB2, then I question the competitiveness of this league. There is probably a good reason why you have two of the top rookie prospects from this past draft on your roster.

I would rather keep DK given your build, and that's coming from a CMC owner. Your WR core of DK, AJB and Chase (if he pans out) is not only young but phenomenal.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed May 26, 2021 12:52 pm

X2..exactly.
“This website”
If you don’t value the information and it cracks you up. Why still come back? you’re not always going to hear what you want to hear.
I also agree with Tsarpepe.. you’re a couple years away from a solid dynasty team. You’re starting Mike Davis and two rookies that we have no idea how they’ll do... DK is the choice for this team.
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:54 pm

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:43 pm
You have a solid team and I love the direction but I agree with the other posters, I think you are a year or two away. If you really are the #2 team in the league while starting a rookie QB & WR weekly, plus Monty and Davis as your RB1 and RB2, then I question the competitiveness of this league. There is probably a good reason why you have two of the top rookie prospects from this past draft on your roster.

I would rather keep DK given your build, and that's coming from a CMC owner. Your WR core of DK, AJB and Chase (if he pans out) is not only young but phenomenal.
I would say since this is a startup league this is a very competitive league overall and the teams are close 1-12.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:58 pm

OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:52 pm
X2..exactly.
“This website”
If you don’t value the information and it cracks you up. Why still come back? you’re not always going to hear what you want to hear.
I also agree with Tsarpepe.. you’re a couple years away from a solid dynasty team. You’re starting Mike Davis and two rookies that we have no idea how they’ll do... DK is the choice for this team.
I don't get why you're taking it so personal. Yes this "website" I have seen many, many times say a team isn't competitive if they don't have top players at every position. That doesn't mean I don't value the input that the site brings, it's just an observation that I have made. Also I thought the point was to have a dialogue.

Also like to add that this chat boards have really good stuff in them. Gator Sans is fantastic, that one guy who I have forgotten the username for, but breaks your roster down and takes the time to write a paragraph. Awesome stuff! Not to mention the discussions, when had are very very awesome. That doesn't mean there are not some common themes that I disagree with. That is everywhere, but the goal shouldn't be to shut someone down the moment they disagree with you on a take.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed May 26, 2021 1:24 pm

SStory93 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:58 pm
OhSnapItsAnt wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:52 pm

X2..exactly.
“This website”
I don't get why you're taking it so personal. Yes this "website" I have seen many, many times say a team isn't competitive if they don't have top players at every position. That doesn't mean I don't value the input that the site brings, it's just an observation that I have made. Also I thought the point was to have a dialogue.

Also like to add that this chat boards have really good stuff in them. Gator Sans is fantastic, that one guy who I have forgotten the username for, but breaks your roster down and takes the time to write a paragraph. Awesome stuff! Not to mention the discussions, when had are very very awesome. That doesn't mean there are not some common themes that I disagree with. That is everywhere, but the goal shouldn't be to shut someone down the moment they disagree with you on a take.
You shut someone down when you didn’t agree with it. You took it personally when I asked you why do you come here if this website cracks you up.
I’m glad you’re taking back what you said and giving “this website” some credit for how awesome it is.

I’m going to go ahead and answer the title, yes you are crazy lol.
CMC is awesome. But DK is still the answer for me with your build IMO.
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku