Trade Hebert for haul?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
colt77
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Trade Hebert for haul?

Postby colt77 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:31 am

ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:11 pm
colt77 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:18 pm Aiyuk, ETN, 22 1st, 23 1st, 24 1st. Would be nothing to scoff at. Definitely would be hard in that case.
Agree with this its basically 5 firsts for Herbert. As much as I would love to build around Herbert we are talking about 5 potential starters every week if you hit on your picks. In a build you have to take some chances. Throw your picks on top of these, and you have two first round picks for the next 3 years?

Im all over that

EDIT: Actually LOL at people saying that you should turn this down in a build. 6 first round picks over the next 3 years, combined with Ayuik and ETN? Exactly how many points do people think Herbert is going to be able to put up every week?
I widdled him down. Its now Herbert for 22 1st, 23 1st, 24 1st, and instead of Aiyuk its Sutton, but I got him to change ETN to CEH.
12 Man SF 2point TE Premium PPR 6pt passing Tds - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 3 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, SF, K, D
Qbs: Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott, Trevor Lawrence
Rbs: Barkley, Breece Hall, Javonte Williams, Swift, Jamaal Williams
Wrs: Deebo Samuel, Olave, Diontae Johnson, Odell, Bateman, Nico Collins
TEs: Kyle Pitts, Higbee, Kittle, Okonkwo
K: Gay
D: -Steelers

12 Man 1 QB PPR - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 2 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, D 2021 -Picks- 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.01, 3.04
Qbs: Lamar Jackson, Hurts, Tua
Rbs: Barkley, Swift, Akers, Gus Edwards, Henderson, Lindsey, Rhamondre Stevenson
Wrs: Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, Bateman, Odell Beckham, Tee Higgins, Cooper Kupp, Nico Collins
TEs: Kittle, Pitts, Jacob Harris
K: Butker

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 am

Is this league going to be around for awhile? If so im all over the pick side and im not much of a Sutton or Ayiuk fan so I'd b sell them for a future 1st and 2nd and build around those picks and CEH
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Wed May 26, 2021 4:46 am

colt77 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:18 pm Aiyuk, ETN, 22 1st, 23 1st, 24 1st. Would be nothing to scoff at. Definitely would be hard in that case.
Agree with this its basically 5 firsts for Herbert. As much as I would love to build around Herbert we are talking about 5 potential starters every week if you hit on your picks. In a build you have to take some chances. Throw your picks on top of these, and you have two first round picks for the next 3 years?

Im all over that

EDIT: Actually LOL at people saying that you should turn this down in a build. 6 first round picks over the next 3 years, combined with Ayuik and ETN? Exactly how many points do people think Herbert is going to be able to put up every week?
Well 23’ and especially 24’ 1st do not equate to a 1st, they’re too far out. When you say “x # of 1sts for..” you have to assume it’s 5 mid 2021 1sts or equivalents or averages out to that or it kind of makes it a useless gauge in my opinion.

That said I’m taking the package with aiyuk. Rebuilding around young QBs is comforting but I’d much rather get a bunch of very good assets that speed of the rebuild. When you have one young qb already the 2nd SF will be much easier to fill Baker is solid and finding a 3rd with your draft capital and additional assets will be easy enough by next year.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed May 26, 2021 4:56 am

So you've been offered 3 firsts + Sutton + CEH for Herbert? This should be a smash accept for you. Take it now before the guy comes to his senses.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:24 am

colt77 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:31 am

Im all over that

I widdled him down. Its now Herbert for 22 1st, 23 1st, 24 1st, and instead of Aiyuk its Sutton, but I got him to change ETN to CEH.
Prefer aiyuk + etienne over Sutton + CEH slightly, but either package is nice. I’m high on all 4 players but I’d have etienne and ceh very close and aiyuk a bit over Sutton.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:51 am

As nice as having Herbert and Lawrence would be, this is too much value to pass on. If Baker rebounds, he's a good 2nd qb. Those picks and players would give you a lot of options trading and draft wise.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed May 26, 2021 5:56 am

Ton of value here in the end with the picks spread out. Tough to move Herbert, but I see the value. I'm still not sure I would have made the trade based on draft pick bust rate and building around Herbert and Lawrence is huge, but again I see the value here. If the picks and Etienne hit, this will look much different but this will take a long time to play out.
Last edited by Gator Sens on Wed May 26, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ProfPoobah » Wed May 26, 2021 7:00 am

Im all over that

I think I'd second this. I get that a #1 QB is worth a metric !@#$ton, but I think that's what this package is, and the person you're trying to trade with may think so as well, and not give this to you, in which case you can walk away if you want.
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Wed May 26, 2021 8:08 am

The reason I don't like this trade is because I dont think making this trade accelerates your rebuild at all tbh, due to the picks being so far out. Aiyuk and ETN won't win you games this year, you need more. I also have an issue with the unknown of not knowing when the picks will be - you very likely will never have a shot at the top QB in those upcoming classes. I would rather somewhat proven players come back than picks. If this guy is willing to move future picks for Herbert, that tells me he believes he is a contender and those picks will be late.

People on this thread also aren't considering the fact that moving Herbert puts you in a position of almost complete unknown in the QB dept - The only solid is Mayfield as a QB2. Lawrence and Love haven't played a down. You will have to re-invest at least one of those picks into a rookie QB, which is counterproductive.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:08 am

I'd keep building your roster. You have Lawerence and Herbert at qb and that is HUGE in a SF league. With Baker as a 3rd you have potentially 3 top young assets which helps you long term. Your only "old" asset is Cooper, I'd look to move him in season for youth / picks and keep building here. Also with 3 top young qb's you hopefully won't need to address that position for many years to come which allows you to focus on wr / rb's who will slide down the board when others are looking to draft / move up in the draft for qb's. I'd stay the course here, continue to build around your youth. Good luck.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Wed May 26, 2021 8:13 am

Im all over that

I will 2nd this. I would trade for this.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Wed May 26, 2021 8:49 am

colt77 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:18 pm
atlmoneyman wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:12 pm
colt77 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:08 pm

For sure, last hypothetical. What if I squeezed Aiyuk instead of sutton like I said but then also got a 24 1st instead of that 22 2nd?
2024? Bruh... build around Herbert and Lawrence...
Aiyuk, ETN, 22 1st, 23 1st, 24 1st. Would be nothing to scoff at. Definitely would be hard in that case.
I would smash accept that for any QB if I am rebuilding lol
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Wed May 26, 2021 8:50 am

colt77 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:31 am

Im all over that

I would much rather have ETN than CEH, personally.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

colt77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby colt77 » Wed May 26, 2021 10:04 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:56 am Ton of value here in the end with the picks spread out. Tough to move Herbert, but I see the value. I'm still not sure I would have made the trade based on draft pick bust rate and building around Herbert and Lawrence is huge, but again I see the value here. If the picks and Etienne hit, this will look much different but this will take a long time to play out.
Oh for sure, it also helps me tank this year to get into the top 4 where i'll either land a QB or a very good RB with my own first. Think i'll finally break out right around when Lawrence and Pitts come into their own fully.
12 Man SF 2point TE Premium PPR 6pt passing Tds - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 3 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, SF, K, D
Qbs: Justin Herbert, Dak Prescott, Trevor Lawrence
Rbs: Barkley, Breece Hall, Javonte Williams, Swift, Jamaal Williams
Wrs: Deebo Samuel, Olave, Diontae Johnson, Odell, Bateman, Nico Collins
TEs: Kyle Pitts, Higbee, Kittle, Okonkwo
K: Gay
D: -Steelers

12 Man 1 QB PPR - Lineup req. - Qb, 2 Rbs, 2 Wrs, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, D 2021 -Picks- 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.01, 3.04
Qbs: Lamar Jackson, Hurts, Tua
Rbs: Barkley, Swift, Akers, Gus Edwards, Henderson, Lindsey, Rhamondre Stevenson
Wrs: Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, Bateman, Odell Beckham, Tee Higgins, Cooper Kupp, Nico Collins
TEs: Kittle, Pitts, Jacob Harris
K: Butker

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 26, 2021 10:26 am

If I’m rebuilding with a bunch of future 1sts I want Aiyuk over Sutton for sure.