The Bengals (and Dalton)

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

The Bengals (and Dalton)

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 am

When do we start to give these guys some credit? Lot's of talk about the resurgent and rebuilt Lions. Lot's of talk about Cam Netwon. But no talk about the Bengals.

Dalton is a winner. The Bengals have the same number of wins thru six games as they did all year last year. Maybe Dalton isn't much for fantasy, maybe he's not all that good period, but a win is a win.

Oh and AJ Green doesn't suck. (How's that for analysis :lol: ?)

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Re: The Bengals (and Dalton)

Postby jthirteentimes » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 am

I agree and would only add that any discussion on the Bengals surprising 4-2 start must include some mention of their defense's role in that accomplishment. They are #2 in total defense (yards), #5 in total defense (points), and #3 against the run. Not to mention that the team is +3 in turnovers. Overall, they are playing a lot better that I expected them to.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:43 pm

tstafford wrote:When do we start to give these guys some credit? Lot's of talk about the resurgent and rebuilt Lions. Lot's of talk about Cam Netwon. But no talk about the Bengals.

Dalton is a winner. The Bengals have the same number of wins thru six games as they did all year last year. Maybe Dalton isn't much for fantasy, maybe he's not all that good period, but a win is a win.

Oh and AJ Green doesn't suck. (How's that for analysis :lol: ?)

AJ is awesome ...what's he on pace for 75 receptions, 1200 yards and 10 TD's? I like what Dalton has done so far (in real world NFL)...he and Newton are the 2 best rookie QB's so far...I think he was rated 6th -8th best QB prospect in pre-season rankings!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:54 pm

They certainly deserve some credit for draft picks like Dalton and Green (admittingly the Green pick wasn't that strategig) . They will get some major props if they actually decide to trade Palmer for some value, if a team like the Raiders overpays to trade for him. The biggest problem here is their stubborness with players like Palmer and Ocho who they had disputes with, and held onto both of them too long, especially in the Ocho case.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

blade5
Starter
Starter

Postby blade5 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:35 pm

I love what the Bengals are doing this year. Everyone counted them out but they are proving all the analysts wrong. I love their future prospects in their young defense and with Dalton/Green. Mike Brown is still a terrible owner but at least they aren't sucking. One thing that people are counting against them is the easy schedule but I'm still ecstatic with the season so far. Finally paying to be a Bengals fan! Haha

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:32 pm

I think their schedule has a lot to do with their early success. Other than a slightly over rated Bills squad who have they really beat?

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:18 am

Steelersfan wrote:I think their schedule has a lot to do with their early success. Other than a slightly over rated Bills squad who have they really beat?
There's truth to that. But last year they would have likely lost those games!