Rebuild

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Rebuild

Postby Meretc01 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:04 am

I basically traded all of the pieces last year and this year and I am starting from scratch. I have a few corner stone pieces that believe to be good. Jefferson, Swift, potentially Gibson.

The James Robinson and even Gibson effect has me thinking.. I understand RBs are hard to find.. especially if you don’t have high picks in rookie drafts but you can find them.. now.. I’m still creating my roster and I’ve always had a mindset of get good young recievers and keep them for years.. trade RBs and get those assets.. with how my team is constructed. Should I be selling high next year on swift and Gibson and add too my WR core and then try to obtain potentially lesser backs when my WR core is strong and when I’m ready to compete?

Is my thought process wrong?

It’s the team in the signature.
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

Re: Rebuild

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:29 am

There are countless ways to go about building a dynasty. That being said, I too, like building around the young WRs, and filling in the RBs afterwards. Looking at your WRs, outside of Jefferson, you have a lot of "potential" guys. (Could do something, but in reality, haven't done much yet) If you could get an owner to buy Swift, or Gibson as a top 5-8 dynasty RB while getting back proven WR talent, plus a draft pick, or something else, I would seriously consider doing it. Picks are nice, sure, but that proven talent is what often times gets overlooked this time of year with the draft coming up.
Maybe try putting both guys on the trade block, and see what type of return owners are willing to give? Trade the guy that will give you the best return, hold the other guy, and build from there.
*Make sure you go Best Player Available in the draft* You can always trade him later if he doesn't fit your mold. Draft for talent, trade for need.
Team 1: 12T PPR SF no premiums, 4pt TDs
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
WR(3-5) AJB, Adams, Sutton, Boyd, Bourne, Wicks
RB(2-4) JT, Kyren, Swift, Singletary, Moss, Ford Dobbins, Tucker
TE(1-3) Hock, Jonnu, Kmet, Kraft
3.06, 3.09

Team 2: 12T PPR, TE premium, SF
QB(1-2) Cousins, Love, Tanny, Trask, McCoy, Zappe
WR(2-6) Lamb, Olave, Hollywood, Godwin, JaMo, Sutton, Diontae, Lazard, McKensie
RB(2-6) ETN, A. Jones, Dillon, Hunt, Moss, K. Miller, S. Tucker
TE(1-5) Hock, Brock Wright, Everett

Team 3: 12T PPR SF TE Prem
QB(1-2) Fields, Young, Darnold, Trask, Dalton
WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie
RB(1-6) Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Hunt, T. Spears, C. Brown
TE(1-6) Schultz, Hurts, Conklin

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rebuild

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:47 am

I think you are on the right track with how your roster is currently constructed. Swift and Gibson will continue to grow in value this offseason. I think they are both strong holds outside of a huge overpay. I build around wr's too, but you still need a couple good RBs and they are both young. Keep building with those two in place.