James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: James Robinson

Postby mild » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:10 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:43 pm Is there an echo in here? :think:
Lol, calm your jets friend. I still demand that you never change your avatar ever again, forevermore.

But your chances of riding the train sure look pretty good right now. Your next obstacle on the roadmap is Draft/FA 2021 for the Jags... you'll be loving life if he makes it through that with minimal competition AND they add Fields.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:27 pm

mild wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:10 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:43 pm Is there an echo in here? :think:
Lol, calm your jets friend. I still demand that you never change your avatar ever again, forevermore.

But your chances of riding the train sure look pretty good right now. Your next obstacle on the roadmap is Draft/FA 2021 for the Jags... you'll be loving life if he makes it through that with minimal competition AND they add Fields.
I already love life. In part because I think this concern, while valid, is a bit backwards and has been the entire season with this kid. While you say “watch for competition” I say “It would make sense to bring in SUPPORT”. Why would they invest a lot in RB to produce what they already have produced with a lesser investment? Its just not economical. Anybody they bring in will hurt Robinson as much as Hunt “hurts” Chubb IMO.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:18 pm

remedy29 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:34 pm
How did this guy go undrafted? All those things you mentioned were on his college tape, to go along with incredible good production.
NFL impact players get missed all the time, even when they are quite literally on an NFL team. In order to become established a player needs an opportunity and quite frankly many of them never get it. Brady was a sixth round pick who probably never would have started in his entire life if Bledsoe didn't get hurt. It's a classic example, but there are some every year.

Just from this past draft Javon Leake also went undrafted and hasn't had a carry yet in the NFL and probably won't. He didn't get a shot to get substantial carries until his junior year at MD and put up poor measurables. That's enough to snuff out a guy's career. Watch this guy run and tell me there are 90 better running backs in the NFL. It's laughable. The man ran for 7.9 yards per carry AND was an elite return man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cpvTx-MukM

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:56 pm

notweswelker wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:18 pm
How did this guy go undrafted? All those things you mentioned were on his college tape, to go along with incredible good production.
NFL impact players get missed all the time, even when they are quite literally on an NFL team. In order to become established a player needs an opportunity and quite frankly many of them never get it. Brady was a sixth round pick who probably never would have started in his entire life if Bledsoe didn't get hurt. It's a classic example, but there are some every year.

Just from this past draft Javon Leake also went undrafted and hasn't had a carry yet in the NFL and probably won't. He didn't get a shot to get substantial carries until his junior year at MD and put up poor measurables. That's enough to snuff out a guy's career. Watch this guy run and tell me there are 90 better running backs in the NFL. It's laughable. The man ran for 7.9 yards per carry AND was an elite return man.

I agree with your take on Leake, he looks a lot better on tape than McFarland and outproduced him in the same situation but McFarland ran a 4.44 so he gets a shot and Leake didn't. As for the reason JRob didn't get drafted- we see this with guys from FCS and D2/D3 schools a lot. Teams get scared off because the level of competition they play isn't as good but out of the undrafted guys that end up being good a lot of them come from these places like Adam Thielen and Austin Ekeler. Keep your eyes open for Jah-Maine Martin from North Carolina A&T in round 4 of your rookie drafts next year.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:31 am

Javon Leake doesn't appear to be the athlete James Robinson is. He certainly does not have the college playing time experience Robinson has, Robinson had more snaps as a sophomore than Leake had is his career. Does he have the receiving skill and pass blocking skill Robinson has? Robinson proved he can carry a large workload his senior season and he had an impressive combine, Leake barely participated.

Robinson basically did everything he can possibly do as a college athlete to get drafted by the NFL, but wasn't, yet he still may win offensive rookie of the year. Highly impressive and huge whiff by all NFL teams.

With that said, is Leake work an add? Can he get playing time this year with The Football Team to show his worth?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:03 pm

Heard/read a comment that JRob's production has been such a great value that any team with him *surely* did well.

Curious if that's right for others, certainly not me-
Keeper- missed playoffs
12 team PPR #1- advanced to second round despite no Saquon
12 team PPR #2- booted in first round
14 team ppr- rebuilding team so sold him mid year, hoping I don't regret it
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:03 pm Heard/read a comment that JRob's production has been such a great value that any team with him *surely* did well.

Keeper- missed playoffs
Oddly enough he wasn't on a competing team in any of my 3 leagues.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:12 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:06 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:03 pm Heard/read a comment that JRob's production has been such a great value that any team with him *surely* did well.

Keeper- missed playoffs
I think a thing with contenders that have deep teams is that hey might not have had space to have picked up JROB? Maybe they were saving FAAB for a mid season breakout instead of a dart throw? And to think that a free 20+ PPG RB add hasnt helped propel you to #1, or #2 in the second and third team there is kind of crazy to me? Obviously one player wont win you every week, but I bet JROB kept you a lot closer in games than the next best option would have. And even the team that missed the playoffs I bet he helped you win a few games, and if you still had 0 wins on that team I dont think 1 players, no matter who it was this season would have wont you a few games.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:28 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:12 pm

Keeper- missed playoffs
I think a thing with contenders that have deep teams is that hey might not have had space to have picked up JROB? Maybe they were saving FAAB for a mid season breakout instead of a dart throw? And to think that a free 20+ PPG RB add hasnt helped propel you to #1, or #2 in the second and third team there is kind of crazy to me? Obviously one player wont win you every week, but I bet JROB kept you a lot closer in games than the next best option would have. And even the team that missed the playoffs I bet he helped you win a few games, and if you still had 0 wins on that team I dont think 1 players, no matter who it was this season would have wont you a few games.
The 1 team that has him was 5-8 in my league.
The other league I'm in I also traded Jrob+ away (around week 4 or 5) for Saquon but their team was well out of it. I thought he would have wanted to stick to Saquon in a rebuild... Weird

I'd also consider the team I got him to be pretty good. I was still interested in snagging him though once he was named starter

Edit: the team that was 5-8 actually traded for Jrob mid October... The team that traded him away is one of the best in the league

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:25 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:12 pm

Keeper- missed playoffs
I think a thing with contenders that have deep teams is that hey might not have had space to have picked up JROB? Maybe they were saving FAAB for a mid season breakout instead of a dart throw?
Most likely this. Weaker teams have more slots for dart throws. It's likely he ended up on more rebuilding teams than strong competitors. I'd have to imagine any competitors who did have the space are heavy favorites though.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:31 pm

I grabbed him when fournette was released. I ended up 1st in the league at 11-2. 2nd highest points (about 50 less than 1st). You can see from my sig I'm young (waiting on the other rookies) and lost Barkley. Without JRob I would not have had such good fortune.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:38 pm

The difference is that Leake is actually no good.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:04 pm

I think you're right for the most part regarding needing an opportunity to get established. Regarding Brady, he would have become the starter sooner rather than later. My father took John Friesz fishing a number of times and we were able to have a few dinners with him as well. He said that he new Brady would be a starter and a really good QB. He said he knew when Brady came in his rookie year.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:59 pm

I traded JRob to a contender mid season. Was worried I crowned him king, but Robinson is declared out tomorrow. Anyone winning their championship won't have JRob... whew.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:49 am

Trevor Lawrence coming to town.
Jags have most cap space in the league. Beyond #1 overall, they have another 1st rounder(rams), two 2nd rounders (including 2.01), a 3rd, two 4ths, and two 5ths.

If you sold JROB this year or are planning to sell him this offseason, I have some bad news for you.