WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Paul717 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:41 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:31 pm
CGW wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:21 pm Looks like Aiyuk should enter the top tier. Despite drafting him with my only 2nd round pick, I did not see that coming. Hes also much lower on the mizelle ADP list than he should be and could be a good target in the offseason compared to JJ who will be untouchable.
Great point about targeting Aiyuk at a lower cost. Out of curiosity I looked up how many receivers hit the 67+ threshold but did not crest 1,000 yards. Only receiver to do that in the past 30 years has been Julio Jones.
What about Eddie Royal in 2008? Or does he not meet some other criteria for this list? (Apologies if I misunderstood)
He had 65 ypg

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:49 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:21 pm Looks like Aiyuk should enter the top tier. Despite drafting him with my only 2nd round pick, I did not see that coming. Hes also much lower on the mizelle ADP list than he should be and could be a good target in the offseason compared to JJ who will be untouchable.

Lamb is going to end in the 3rd tier. Its unfortunate because with Dak he would be putting up numbers beyond JJs. The offense took a massive efficiency downgrade and reduced volume by 10 passes per game.
Funnily enough the 49ers was the exact spot I was praying for Reagor to land, but I did fall for the Eagles hype as a good landing spot, wish I went after Ayuik a bit more as he looks good and the 49ers really know how to use their players to their strengths!!!

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:13 pm

Are Raiders good at developing receivers? I've talked before about trying to adjust how I rank receivers with some weight on teams ability to develop them etc, I'm thinking of getting out from under Ruggs not because I think he can't develop but because Im wondering if the Raiders are a team that can do it, Cooper came into the NFL with one of the best profiles I've seen of a WR and no matter how much I still like him he never reached the hype level of his potential.
The biggest hole in this is for example Treadwell failed but JJ is succeeding, Davis failed (yes looking better this year) while AJ Brown has succeeded. As mentioned by others, coaches change and a lot comes down to a players work ethic etc. but to any Raiders fans what is your opinion of your team's we development.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:47 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:13 pm Are Raiders good at developing receivers? I've talked before about trying to adjust how I rank receivers with some weight on teams ability to develop them etc, I'm thinking of getting out from under Ruggs not because I think he can't develop but because Im wondering if the Raiders are a team that can do it, Cooper came into the NFL with one of the best profiles I've seen of a WR and no matter how much I still like him he never reached the hype level of his potential.
The biggest hole in this is for example Treadwell failed but JJ is succeeding, Davis failed (yes looking better this year) while AJ Brown has succeeded. As mentioned by others, coaches change and a lot comes down to a players work ethic etc. but to any Raiders fans what is your opinion of your team's we development.
Cooper was awesome his first few years with the Raiders. He had one bad year in 2017 then was traded halfway through 2018. Public perception of him was always really off.

Ruggs and Cooper are the only young, promising WRs we've had under Gruden. Ruggs is the first one he's drafted.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:47 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:13 pm Are Raiders good at developing receivers? I've talked before about trying to adjust how I rank receivers with some weight on teams ability to develop them etc, I'm thinking of getting out from under Ruggs not because I think he can't develop but because Im wondering if the Raiders are a team that can do it, Cooper came into the NFL with one of the best profiles I've seen of a WR and no matter how much I still like him he never reached the hype level of his potential.
Cooper was awesome his first few years with the Raiders. He had one bad year in 2017 then was traded halfway through 2018. Public perception of him was always really off.

Ruggs and Cooper are the only young, promising WRs we've had under Gruden. Ruggs is the first one he's drafted.
Thank you, when Cooper came through I was still knew at fantasy and only really remember him getting injured a fair bit and some drops, also remember his draft grade being amazing.
Going forward I'm going to try and get opinions from fans of individual teams of their coaching etc to get a clearing picture of what I'm drafting into, I am still a firm believer in talent over situation but would like to get some inside info when it comes to tiebreakers in my rankings. I've since spoken to some Eagles fans who were telling me about the problems with their team before this season and wish I listened to them a bit more.
FYI I'm still team Reagor, loved them getting him involved in the rushing game and they seem to be trying to scheme him some touches which is what he needs right now till he develops more as a route runner.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:35 pm

Here's to hoping Jeudy gets a QB and proves he still a top tier guy.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:50 pm

What % does the pure speed guys like Ruggs, M Brown, J Ross that are drafted in the 1st or 2nd round actually turn into studs?

Everyone wants the next Tyrek Hill, but just seems like the the bust rate is pretty high and the upcoming draft has quite a few of them.

Reagor is somewhat in the same spot. Drafted to be the speed guy...

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:04 am

Straycatz2 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:50 pm What % does the pure speed guys like Ruggs, M Brown, J Ross that are drafted in the 1st or 2nd round actually turn into studs?

Everyone wants the next Tyrek Hill, but just seems like the the bust rate is pretty high and the upcoming draft has quite a few of them.

Reagor is somewhat in the same spot. Drafted to be the speed guy...
He ran a 4.4x though, he wasn’t drafted because he blew up the combine. Speed guys are typically drafted high because they run a 4.2x or 4.3x at the combine.

It’s a good question though. I’d imagine the hit rate is not so good. I’ll look it up later

Wrs who ran under a 4.40. This site isn’t 100% accurate, so take it with a grain of salt.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:12 am

CGW wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:21 pm Lamb is going to end in the 3rd tier. Its unfortunate because with Dak he would be putting up numbers beyond JJs. The offense took a massive efficiency downgrade and reduced volume by 10 passes per game.
Dak was on an unsustainable 7000 yards passing pace so the offense was going to take a step back either way, but yes obviously not nearly this much with Dak still in there.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:48 pm

I wonder if dak moves on from Dallas after basically pushing his contract to the latest possible moment...it’s a bleep show there
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:59 am

Meretc01 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:48 pm I wonder if dak moves on from Dallas after basically pushing his contract to the latest possible moment...it’s a bleep show there
As a dak detractor I would love if he went to Tampa. They have everything you could want as a QB. WRs out the anus, an amazing and creative offensively minded coach, a strong D, warm weather
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:30 am

They can still franchise tag him another year right? Can't see any possible way he's playing anywhere else next year.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:37 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:30 am They can still franchise tag him another year right? Can't see any possible way he's playing anywhere else next year.
I question whether dak would play on a 1 year deal again after what he has gone through. If I were him there is no way I am playing on a tag. Then that brings into the question, will Jerry Jones still use a tag on him if he suspects dak will not play on the tag.

If I had to bet it would be on dak and the cowboys reaching a long-term deal. After watching this season there is no way the cowboys can afford to start from scratch after lucking into a solid QB in the 4th round.

With dak they are the run away favourite team in the NFC East after this season imo unless hurts pulls a dak
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:38 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:30 am They can still franchise tag him another year right? Can't see any possible way he's playing anywhere else next year.
I can, especially if they can make a deal to tag and trade him to move up to get Lawrence or Fields, or fall in love with Wilson or Lance enough to take one of them at their current top 5 draft slot. If they sign Dak to an extension they'll have to pay him annually what a rookie would make in total over the next 4 years, and the 5th year option would probably be around half of Daks annual salary. That kind of financial impact has to be at least considered when you factor in all the big contracts they already have on the roster and all the needs they have. Obviously the most likely scenario is they keep and extend Dak, and I think that's ultimately what does happen, but the possibility is absolutely there for them to go in a different direction.

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:10 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:38 am
I can, especially if they can make a deal to tag and trade him to move up to get Lawrence or Fields, or fall in love with Wilson or Lance enough to take one of them at their current top 5 draft slot. If they sign Dak to an extension they'll have to pay him annually what a rookie would make in total over the next 4 years, and the 5th year option would probably be around half of Daks annual salary. That kind of financial impact has to be at least considered when you factor in all the big contracts they already have on the roster and all the needs they have. Obviously the most likely scenario is they keep and extend Dak, and I think that's ultimately what does happen, but the possibility is absolutely there for them to go in a different direction.

Albeit that may be correct that doesn’t really fall in line with what the cowboys are trying to do.. they believe they have a win now team and COVID is probably will be a year that’s chalked up into something that people will try to forget.. the cowboys know they can’t win with their personal due to injuries and lack of play.. next year they get a lot of their players back
if they don’t sign dak I think that they will try and get a veteran QB to replace dak so they can go for a title. The last couple weeks dalton has been okay.. if they can upgrade that position outside of dak.. they might win a playoff game..
The cowboys (jerry and stephen) are so championship thirsty that they will drive their ship into the ground and more than likely be left with nothing..
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1