You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:45 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:43 pm
AussieMate wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:24 pm lol its one of my fav things to check on this forum, anytime a player has a bad game *thread gets bumped* good game *bumped*. It's not just this thread though, its everywhere, you can even see either side go quiet for a few weeks till its their turn to gloat.
Not gloating, I've been consistently wrong on Rojo
Oh yeah. Traded him away a longgg time ago. Thought I was right for a while

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:56 pm

I will hold until one of us dies, and probably never trust him in my lineup lol
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Daniels
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Keenan Kirk ZJones RMoore
Hock Kittle
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:01 am

I think what's become more interesting to me than the main point of the thread is the argument that took place after Fournette was signed. Many thought LF was going to run away with the job easily, and it looks like the Jags knew what they were doing. Robinson looks as good as, if not better, than Fournette did even though he had a great year last year, and Fournette in what should be a more RB friendly offense looks pedestrian for the most part.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:00 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:01 am I think what's become more interesting to me than the main point of the thread is the argument that took place after Fournette was signed. Many thought LF was going to run away with the job easily, and it looks like the Jags knew what they were doing. Robinson looks as good as, if not better, than Fournette did even though he had a great year last year, and Fournette in what should be a more RB friendly offense looks pedestrian for the most part.
It goes back another year I think. This was started before 2019 season, not 2020, after his disastrous rookie season and following the positive training camp hype during his sophomore season.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:14 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:01 am I think what's become more interesting to me than the main point of the thread is the argument that took place after Fournette was signed. Many thought LF was going to run away with the job easily, and it looks like the Jags knew what they were doing. Robinson looks as good as, if not better, than Fournette did even though he had a great year last year, and Fournette in what should be a more RB friendly offense looks pedestrian for the most part.
Agreed. I was hammering on these boards for two years that I was so tired of Fournette conversations starting with "well obviously he's incredibly talented, but...".

Now I feel the same way about Mixon.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:36 am

This week.....last chance to trade away Ronald Jones.....fo realz

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:48 am

jordanzs wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:36 am This week.....last chance to trade away Ronald Jones.....fo realz
Been shopping all season..... he is a tough sell, and not much more than a flex play w/upside. If you get the right offer, eliminate the headache of owning.
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 am

tidewaterjc wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:48 am
jordanzs wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:36 am This week.....last chance to trade away Ronald Jones.....fo realz
Been shopping all season..... he is a tough sell, and not much more than a flex play w/upside. If you get the right offer, eliminate the headache of owning.
This is accurate. Since this post was originally made, I was able to sell him off in one league but gotten nothing but trash offers for my other share. If I can't get a good 2nd in value back, there is no point in selling him.

That's been my argument from day one of this thread...there was never a good chance to sell him, let alone a last chance.

If he does manage to continue producing this year and LF is released in the offseason, you may see RoJos value at it's all time high.

Or he just keeps missing blocks and being benched so no1 can trade him or start him in lineups...
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:22 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 am
This is accurate. Since this post was originally made, I was able to sell him off in one league but gotten nothing but trash offers for my other share. If I can't get a good 2nd in value back, there is no point in selling him.

That's been my argument from day one of this thread...there was never a good chance to sell him, let alone a last chance.

If he does manage to continue producing this year and LF is released in the offseason, you may see RoJos value at it's all time high.

Or he just keeps missing blocks and being benched so no1 can trade him or start him in lineups...
This is where I’m at with him too. Personally, I own him in a bunch of leagues and don’t have much invested in him so even though I could turn a profit, so to speak, I don’t want to give him away and it seems like no one will offer much for him. In most of my leagues, our trade deadline is coming up, so I may give it one more shot this week, especially with him coming off a big game. Otherwise, I’m just going to hang onto him and hopefully what you mentioned about Fournette moving on will happen. I actually think there’s a good chance that Fournette is not retained, he doesn’t look good to me but we’ll see.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:01 pm

I see a guy averaging 4.5 YPC across the year and 4.86 YPC when given more than 7 attempts per game. I'm not sure why most are down on him.. yah he's not Zeke etc but he's exactly what he should be.. a solid RB2.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:22 am

burntfire wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:01 pm I see a guy averaging 4.5 YPC across the year and 4.86 YPC when given more than 7 attempts per game. I'm not sure why most are down on him.. yah he's not Zeke etc but he's exactly what he should be.. a solid RB2.
People refuse to change their thinking. There may have been minor fluctuations, but Rojo’s value and ROI to owners has continued to trend upward this year. A young RB who is the lead back in a high powered offense and by average points is a top 20 back in ppr and based on total points is top 10. I’m happy holding him and starting him each week. I guess shallow leagues or small starting requirements could keep him on your bench, but I’d think most people playing in 12+ team leagues hat start 2+ rbs are happy with him right now.

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:14 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:22 am
burntfire wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:01 pm I see a guy averaging 4.5 YPC across the year and 4.86 YPC when given more than 7 attempts per game. I'm not sure why most are down on him.. yah he's not Zeke etc but he's exactly what he should be.. a solid RB2.
People refuse to change their thinking. There may have been minor fluctuations, but Rojo’s value and ROI to owners has continued to trend upward this year. A young RB who is the lead back in a high powered offense and by average points is a top 20 back in ppr and based on total points is top 10. I’m happy holding him and starting him each week. I guess shallow leagues or small starting requirements could keep him on your bench, but I’d think most people playing in 12+ team leagues hat start 2+ rbs are happy with him right now.
Exactly this. He and Jacobs alone gave me the win this week since my WR core decided to take the day off.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:56 pm

I was never comfortable with Fournette's production last gear because too much of his weekly yardage tended to come on one big play. I prefer guys who can grind out the touches in steady 3-10 yard buckets.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:06 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 am

I'd buy at a 2nd round value. Could definitely use his upside in the flex spot. Got whooped pretty bad a few weeks ago in part because of Jones. Where I could use him, the owners tend to jack up the price of players into the first-born+tropical island range the moment you inquire. Everyone is suddenly valuable.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:29 pm

Just traded him for OBJ on a rebuilder.

Couldn’t get a 1st for him and need to limit my projected points.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble