Panic in Pittsburgh????

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Panic in Pittsburgh????

Postby Shawn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:50 am

So we have a lot of Steelersfans on the board here, and everytime you look up it seems like another Steelers player is hurt, including the big names. Is is time to press the panic button in Pittsburgh???? Do you think the Steelers will make it back to the playoffs this year??? Injuries and distractions have mounted up, however, I remember them making the SuperBowl under similar panic a few years ago, so perhaps there is a chance????
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Panic in Pittsburgh????

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:48 pm

There is always a chance after only 1/4 of the season, but that O-line needs some serious help. Maybe Max Starks is the missing link....but I highly doubt that. I think pittsburgh struggles to finish 9-7, and just misses the post season. They need to draft some tackles to bookend pouncey.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:22 pm

It's not the Steelers year IMO. Can't run the ball, can't stop the run...not a recipe for success, and not what the franchise was built on. The defense should improve but the O-line has been a problem for years now and I don't think they will do enough like they have in the previous seasons to go far enough into the post season as in years past.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:42 am

Steelersfan wrote:It's not the Steelers year IMO. Can't run the ball, can't stop the run...not a recipe for success, and not what the franchise was built on. The defense should improve but the O-line has been a problem for years now and I don't think they will do enough like they have in the previous seasons to go far enough into the post season as in years past.
Agree! I hate to think about the draft next season but this team has some big holes to fill ...OT (left), NG (Hampton is 34), MLB (Farrior is 36) and they always need a CB! I accept that they havbe at or near the top for the better part of the decade and won 2 rings and lost 1 Super Bowl!!! An average year may wield some better picks and/or opportunity to move up further - just like the Polamalu and Holmes trades!!!

Little known, very stupid factoid about me - Since the great QB draft of 1983, I have missed only 2 Steelers 1st round picks on TV! The reason? As I mentioned above, the Steelers traded up for both Troy Polamalu and Santonio Holmes and I anticipated the picks based upon where they should go, what time etc...Went out for beer, dog food or whatever reason and missed the trade!!!! They never traded - EVER!!!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:49 am

They have problems on both sides of the ball. Even with the easy schedule I see them at 8-8 or 9-7. No playoffs this year.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Classic case of the Super Bowl hangover? :think:
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

Steelersfan