Green and Julio

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Green and Julio

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:40 am

With all the seemingly bad fantasy news - injuries, underperforming RBs, etc, I thought I'd mention the good news.

Julio Jones and AJ Green are who we thought they were!! All the offseason debate about, the historical bust rates for WRs, who was better, who to pick first, who would have the best career, who would have the best year. And they both look great.

Congrats to those who own either one. Not only do you have a promising stud for years to come, you have a productive player for this year.

:clap:

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Re: Green and Julio

Postby andrewfroboy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:29 am

I am thrilled with both of them on my team (along with Cam and Little), great draft for me
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

DyeNasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DyeNasty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:16 am

Am I reading this right? Tstaff showing julio respect and mentioning him in the same breathe as green? Might have to put this in my sig. Lol

Gulbech
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Gulbech » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:33 am

Yeah they both looks really great.

I am pretty happy to own both in my dynasty league :) - looks like i am set for the future at WR.

- Gulbech
Sharks and bandits (IDP)

QB: Rivers, Palmer, Gabbert, Tannahill
RB: Rice, Mathews, Ingram, Pierce, Vereen, Rayney
WR: AJ green, Crabtree, Desean, Kerley, Floyd, Floyd, Breaston, Nate Washington, Toon
TE: F. Davis, Lewis, Orson
DL: Pierre-Paul, Johnson, Dunlap
LB: Tulloch, Timmons, Harris, Foster, Lavonte
DB: Bethea, Griffon, Stewart

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:03 am

Have only seen Julio once this year. His numbers were modest that game, but he did show explosiveness. Can't argue with 15 receptions in last two games.

Wathced AJ's game this week (Had only seen highlights before up until now). Dude is sick and is definitely as advertised. Andy Dalton underthrew him on a bomb. He had to come back, while facing the QB now, and jumped over the DB who was now in front of Green with better position to make an awesome catch. He could also have more TD's as they have failed on some redzone attempts.

Drafted Julio in 7th round of start-up. Then traded Leshoure, Little, and 2012 1st and 2nd round draft choices for Green. Overpaid at the time, but believed in his talent. Could not be happier with the way these two guys have looked. :D
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:39 pm

I traded a 2011 1st, BGE, Woodhead, and Golden Tate for the 1.03 in order to draft Julio Jones. With Colston getting long in the tooth before his time, it's a great boost for my team that also has AJ, Roddy, and Maclin. I'm not afraid to pony up for players I believe in and so far so good with Julio Jones.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Yeah I am in my first dynasty league this year and took green at 32 (loved watching him play in college). Then traded 3 2012 firsts for Julio (hated watching him play because I am a gators fan). I am excited to have both of them with fitz.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:54 am

DyeNasty wrote:Am I reading this right? Tstaff showing julio respect and mentioning him in the same breathe as green? Might have to put this in my sig. Lol
Now, now. I never have said one negative word about Julio Jones. All I've ever done is consistently say that I'd take AJ Green ahead of him. That's not a knock on Julio, just representative of how much I believe in Green. If you recall, I've said numerous times that I projected Julio to have better numbers this year. My position has been that Julio will be a solid fantasy contributor (top-20 guy), while I feel that AJ Green can be elite (top-5).

And feel free to quote me in your sig. I'd consider it an honor. :lol:

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:57 am

Well, I drafted both of them earlier than expected in our mock draft for the DLF guide this off season to back up Andre Johnson for my team. I think both are top 10 WRs in the long run.

As a Green owner, I'm very pleased with the production he's putting up right now. It's amazing that he's put up 2 100+ performances in the first 4 games of his career with a rookie QB throwing to him and no off season. The sky is the limit for AJ Green and I think he could become one of the all time great WRs. Only time will tell. But, he looked the part in college and he's looking the part now. He has a long way to go to be mentioned with the all time greats. But, he has the skill and the mentality to do so.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings