Josh Allen - Time to Believe!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: Josh Allen- do you believe?

Postby mullmania » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:05 pm

I believe but this is gonna be a great one to look back on.

So far the Bills offense has looked unstopabble. That said they have played the Jets, Dolphins and Rams.

Lets see what week 14,15,16 vs Pittsburgh, @ Denver, @ New England bring before crowning anyone.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Brinmonkey wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:04 pm Anybody who watches the games knows he’s the main reason for their successes. Very accurate, keeps plays alive, aggressive. Everything you want on top of his fantasy asset wheels.

Elite fantasy QB for as long as he plays.
Lets slow down on the very accurate, he's been accurate for 3 weeks now. Before than he was embarrassingly inaccurate. He's very athletic and has a cannon of an arm, but he's never wowed with his accuracy
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:45 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:35 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:55 pm
jordanzs wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:14 pm He seems like a player who's love or hate will be directly proportional to how many shares the dynasty owner has or doesn't have of him.
I own zero, I think he is awesome. I think the love/hate is directly proportional to what side of the fence the person was on pre-draft. Allen, like Murray, Jones, and Herbert, had many people mock the draft pick and write him off as a bust before he even played a single snap. These people weren't even open to the possibility of him being a good QB. It seems pretty clear to me that he is very good for fantasy and real football, but I don't have to justify any bust/wasted draft pick takes from the past.
ehh i dont mind admitting when im wrong (which appears to be the case here) I just hate buffalo fans lol. the most arrogant fans in the league and they root for a poverty franchise, makes no sense to me and drives me nuts. So it was fun watching them treat Allen like the 2nd coming of Jesus when he was overthrowing his receivers by 10-15 yards
Wait, did a Cowboys fan just really say this?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:51 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:45 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:35 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:55 pm

I own zero, I think he is awesome. I think the love/hate is directly proportional to what side of the fence the person was on pre-draft. Allen, like Murray, Jones, and Herbert, had many people mock the draft pick and write him off as a bust before he even played a single snap. These people weren't even open to the possibility of him being a good QB. It seems pretty clear to me that he is very good for fantasy and real football, but I don't have to justify any bust/wasted draft pick takes from the past.
ehh i dont mind admitting when im wrong (which appears to be the case here) I just hate buffalo fans lol. the most arrogant fans in the league and they root for a poverty franchise, makes no sense to me and drives me nuts. So it was fun watching them treat Allen like the 2nd coming of Jesus when he was overthrowing his receivers by 10-15 yards
Wait, did a Cowboys fan just really say this?
sorry I should be more specific. the most arrogant fans in the league relative to their success. Also, not a cowboys fan so
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:06 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:07 pm
Brinmonkey wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:04 pm Anybody who watches the games knows he’s the main reason for their successes. Very accurate, keeps plays alive, aggressive. Everything you want on top of his fantasy asset wheels.

Lets slow down on the very accurate, he's been accurate for 3 weeks now. Before than he was embarrassingly inaccurate. He's very athletic and has a cannon of an arm, but he's never wowed with his accuracy
I am talking about this year. Don't live in the past :boohoo: :angel:

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Brinmonkey wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:06 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:07 pm

I am talking about this year. Don't live in the past :boohoo: :angel:
its week 3 lol. Gonna take alot more than 3 games for me to deem someone very accurate when his body of work prior has shown the opposite
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:08 pm

So you’re saying he is not going to be very accurate going forward, then? I’m saying he is.

#BILLIEVE

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:14 pm

Brinmonkey wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:08 pm So you’re saying he is not going to be very accurate going forward, then? I’m saying he is.

#BILLIEVE
im saying im not going to give someone a characteristic that they havent earned
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
Bench:

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:40 pm

Title of the thread my friend. You obv don’t believe.

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:12 am

27 passing TDs and 4 INTs in his last 16 games is very good
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:22 am

koalabear wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:12 am 27 passing TDs and 4 INTs in his last 16 games is very good
It's great that he hasn't been throwing picks. For all the inaccurate throws he has made, they haven't resulted in interceptions. Probably because most of them sailed 5-10 yards past all receivers but I digress lol

Adding to your stats... He's never thrown for a lot of TD, but after 3 games he already has half (10) of his passing TD from all last year (20). That's a 53 TD pace for anyone that loves extrapolating small sample sizes (Russ is on pace for 74 lol). He's T6 for completion %, 2nd in yards and TD with only 1 INT.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:28 am

Small sample size. 3 weeks isn't enough to make him elite in real life football. I want to see how he plays when he's up against a real defense, in December when it's cold and defenses are in better swing of things. December of last year and the playoff game, his completion % was sub 50%.

For fantasy, he's gold. Top 6 likely in any format due to his rushing upside.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 am

Kuddos for the folks admitting they missed and prematurely wrote Allen off.

He is who some of us thought he would be. The over reacting to a low completion % for a young qb in cold weather climates with infeirior reciving options on a run first team was part of the issue here. Assuming it is all on mechanics - is part of this as well. He has always been a tough kid, a hard worker, and a leader. His intangibles are off the charts. :thumbup:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:32 pm

I know we're all wanting to find conclusions around here 3 weeks in, because that is the most fun thing - and I'm not going to be popular throwing a little cold water on a start this hot AND fun. Josh Allen is admittedly still the biggest mystery box in the league to me, and he should be to you, too. That's my intro, here are my thoughts:

The addition of Stefon Diggs cannot be understated.
I think this is the biggest one. Adding (arguably) the best deep ball receiver in the league has been massive for Allen... for the easiest comparison, just look at other teams that have lost elite WR's this year... the Texans and Minnesota have both missed having an elite target BADLY, and the Cardinals and Bills offenses have both looked completely juiced from their 2019 forms. It's a big deal for Allen especially - because Diggs is -that- good at getting open deep, and at the contested catch point - that he is thus making up for (and even masking) a lot of the deficiencies in Allen's accuracy and placement.

Allen is still missing reads and not reading the field well, and is not (or may never be) a finished product as a passer.
Yes, I've seen the stat lines. They're insane. But the same Josh Allen is still in there, and he is still not reading the field well all the time - his decision making - to me - is still suspect.
I'm a big fan of JT o'Sullivan's QB school channel. He has already done a 30 minute breakdown of the Miami game, and I would encourage anyone wanting to argue for either side of this thread to have a watch - you will -always- learn something watching these. For everything good, there is something a little bit bad. There are still those "airmail" throws. There are still reads that go wanting, where he will instead fire the ball into double coverage. Are all of these things fixable? That's the question; and that's the mystery box of Allen.

This offense may still be solvable by top tier defenses with multiple good-to-great CB's
This is what I'm still most intrigued to see. Games against the Patriots, Chiefs, Steelers, and arguably Chargers may well tell us more, but if you watch the QB school video you will notice one thing that is re-occuring over... and over... and over... crossing routes. Absolutely loads of them. That is how the majority of this is getting done at the moment - and it makes sense, when you've got the speed of John Brown and Stefon Diggs on the field, and an offensive scheme that will frequently dictate Man coverage due to Allen's ability to break the pocket (because you often will commit extra defenders to the box to maintain contain).
The adjustment will come, and I'm interested to see how Allen and the Bills respond from there.

Thanks for listening to my Josh Allen ted talk, I'll get off the line now.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:42 pm

JFever wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 am Kuddos for the folks admitting they missed and prematurely wrote Allen off.

He is who some of us thought he would be. The over reacting to a low completion % for a young qb in cold weather climates with infeirior reciving options on a run first team was part of the issue here. Assuming it is all on mechanics - is part of this as well. He has always been a tough kid, a hard worker, and a leader. His intangibles are off the charts. :thumbup:
I'm not one or the other. He's had a great 3 games. Looks vastly improved. However there is a larger track record of sub par passing, so I will need to see it longer and against some better teams before I am convinced. I was always convinced he was capable of big games, but I'm not convinced he can do this consistently, because he hasn't yet. He's certainly done better this year than most, if not all projected.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.