Race for #1 overall pick

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Race for #1 overall pick

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:25 pm

With 2 weeks in, what teams do you think have the edge to get the first overall pick in next year's draft?

The 0-2 teams so far-
Panthers
Colts
Chiefs
Dolphins
Vikings
Seahawks

0-1 teams-
Giants
Rams
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Re: Race for #1 overall pick

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:47 pm

After 2 weeks and what's happened, I can't imagine anyone saying anything other than the Chiefs. They could seriously go down as one of the worst collapses from one year to the next in history. They've lost arguably (and not even that arguable) their best offensive AND defensive players while being completely blown out in consecutive weeks. This is on top of them already losing their starting TE in the preseason and their first round knucklehead pick being out with an injury too.

Cassel's sucktitude won't be hidden by their solid run game any more this year. He's a miserable failure waiting to happen who should never have been given the contract he was given.

I don't think anyone (or many people I should say) expected the Chiefs to repeat last season and make the playoffs, but wow... just wow.

I'm also going to throw out an honorable mention to the Jaguars. Yeah, they're 1-1 and not 0-2, but they are a terrible terrible mess. Luke McCown isn't the answer for a CFL team, much less the NFL. They're going to start Gabbert soon enough, but there's not much to like there.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:11 pm

I agree, Chiefs are one of the favorites. Many analysts seem to think Luck'll go #1 to whoever has the pick. This is Cassel's contract, according to Rotoworld-
2011: $4.75 million (+ $7.5 million option bonus)
2012: $5.25 million
2013: $7.5 million
2014: $9 million
2015: Free Agent
Curious if there are any more bonuses to be paid out beyond this year.

While Indy lost alot when Manning went down, I think they have enough talent and leadership to miss out on the #1 pick. Then the question is, do they actually try to tank it. Perhaps stick in Painter for Collins as a part of the evaluation process.

Right now, I think it'll come down to KC, Min and Sea.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Seahawks are hard to watch.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Pikachu: BFF wrote:With 2 weeks in, what teams do you think have the edge to get the first overall pick in next year's draft?

The 0-2 teams so far-
Panthers
Colts
Chiefs
Dolphins
Vikings
Seahawks

0-1 teams-
Giants
Rams
Team by Team:
Panthers: I think they have a good shot at ending up with the first overall pick. If 400 yards from your QB isn't enough to beat the Cards I wont be expecting any contention soon from this team.
Colts: I don't think it happens because Peyton will atleast be able to play a couple of games.
Chiefs: The current favorite in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes. It would be interesting to see if they go immediately to Luck or start Cassel a year.
Dolphins: I think this team is third in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes. It would mean a huge value increase for Marshall.
Vikings: I don't think it will happen. The Redskins had a worse supporting cast and they didn't get the first pick with McNabb.
Seahawks: My #2 for the Suck for Luck sweepstakes. This offense could become dynamic with Luck at the helm. I could see this team making the playoffs next year if they have some luck (pun intended).
Giants/Rams: Not going to happen.
16 team, No-PPR, 6 pt passing tds
QB: Brady, Schuab, Tannehill
RB: Forte, Charles, Martin, Redman, Carter,R. Jennings, M. Bush, Vereen
WR: Britt, Little, Brown, Wright, Kerley, Sanders, Broyles
TE: Dickson, Cook
K: Zuerlien
DEF: Philidelphia
2013: 2 1sts, 2 2nd
2014: 5 1sts, 1 2nd

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:52 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:After 2 weeks and what's happened, I can't imagine anyone saying anything other than the Chiefs. They could seriously go down as one of the worst collapses from one year to the next in history. They've lost arguably (and not even that arguable) their best offensive AND defensive players while being completely blown out in consecutive weeks. This is on top of them already losing their starting TE in the preseason and their first round knucklehead pick being out with an injury too.

Cassel's sucktitude won't be hidden by their solid run game any more this year. He's a miserable failure waiting to happen who should never have been given the contract he was given.

I don't think anyone (or many people I should say) expected the Chiefs to repeat last season and make the playoffs, but wow... just wow.

I'm also going to throw out an honorable mention to the Jaguars. Yeah, they're 1-1 and not 0-2, but they are a terrible terrible mess. Luke McCown isn't the answer for a CFL team, much less the NFL. They're going to start Gabbert soon enough, but there's not much to like there.
Agree with your Cassel point... :thumbdown:
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:11 am

Dead tie between the Chiefs and Seahawks.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:07 pm

skip wrote:Dead tie between the Chiefs and Seahawks.
These are my picks as well. I'd rather watch intramurals.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Wallace's Warriors wrote:
Pikachu: BFF wrote:With 2 weeks in, what teams do you think have the edge to get the first overall pick in next year's draft?

The 0-2 teams so far-
Panthers
Colts
Chiefs
Dolphins
Vikings
Seahawks

0-1 teams-
Giants
Rams
Team by Team:
Panthers: I think they have a good shot at ending up with the first overall pick. If 400 yards from your QB isn't enough to beat the Cards I wont be expecting any contention soon from this team.
Colts: I don't think it happens because Peyton will atleast be able to play a couple of games.
Chiefs: The current favorite in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes. It would be interesting to see if they go immediately to Luck or start Cassel a year.
Dolphins: I think this team is third in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes. It would mean a huge value increase for Marshall.
Vikings: I don't think it will happen. The Redskins had a worse supporting cast and they didn't get the first pick with McNabb.
Seahawks: My #2 for the Suck for Luck sweepstakes. This offense could become dynamic with Luck at the helm. I could see this team making the playoffs next year if they have some luck (pun intended).
you think if the Colts have a terrible record (6 wins or less) that they will let Manning play the last few games? I don't see that happening.

Warhawks
Starter
Starter

Postby Warhawks » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 pm

I think the clear top 3, in no certain order, are:

Seahawks
Colts
Chiefs

The Colts play the Chiefs and Bengals in weeks 5 and 6 so there will be a much clearer picture for them after that. I do think if any of these 3 teams do end up with the #1 pick they will take Luck.

JohnnyFive
Captain
Captain

Postby JohnnyFive » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Warhawks wrote:I think the clear top 3, in no certain order, are:

Seahawks
Colts
Chiefs

The Colts play the Chiefs and Bengals in weeks 5 and 6 so there will be a much clearer picture for them after that. I do think if any of these 3 teams do end up with the #1 pick they will take Luck.
I agree with this... All three of those teams are pretty bad.
Keep On Rockin In The Free World

Wallace's Warriors
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wallace's Warriors » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:04 pm

JM4Steelers wrote:
Wallace's Warriors wrote:

The 0-2 teams so far-
Panthers
Colts
Chiefs
Dolphins
Vikings
Seahawks

0-1 teams-
Giants
Rams
Team by Team:
you think if the Colts have a terrible record (6 wins or less) that they will let Manning play the last few games? I don't see that happening.
If he comes back ten games in to the season and they are 4-6 I would expect them to play him. Unless they are mathematically eliminated I don't think they wont start him. Who else would you put out there? Neither of their bbackups are good QBs. I don't see how they would lose that much if he played. Sure he could get re-injured but that is a risk you take in football. As long as they take their time I don't think he will get re-injured.
16 team, No-PPR, 6 pt passing tds
QB: Brady, Schuab, Tannehill
RB: Forte, Charles, Martin, Redman, Carter,R. Jennings, M. Bush, Vereen
WR: Britt, Little, Brown, Wright, Kerley, Sanders, Broyles
TE: Dickson, Cook
K: Zuerlien
DEF: Philidelphia
2013: 2 1sts, 2 2nd
2014: 5 1sts, 1 2nd

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 am

I would be shocked if Peyton came back. Honestly I dont see them getting anywhere near 4-6 after 10 games anyway. If they go if they go 2-5 or 3-4 over there next 7 Manning will be put on IR. Heck, if they dont win a game out of their next 2 he may be IR'd then. This team needs to seriously think about tanking to get Luck. I mean I know they wont tank but still... PS Caldwell needs to be canned. At this point they would be better served canning Caldwin, IRing Manning and making Manning the HC! lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0