The evolution of the game

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

The evolution of the game

Postby bigcsr67 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:10 pm

I am amazed about the ammount of yards that have been accumulated through the air after 2 weeks. I sense the pro offenses are utilizing a more college type spread offense, which has churned out 300 yard passers like a factory, and in turn has made between the tackles types of rbs a dying breed.

We are also seeing a smoother transition to the pros for qbs and wrs alike, because the NFL seems to be copycatting from college spread schemes. The game is definately evolving at a rapid pace, and we will be seeing many 4000 yard passers this year and in years to come.

I think rule changes that are protecting players, are making defenders less aggressive, and it is showing in the game play.

I am wondering how many more years it will be before rbs will be scoring like tes! The passing game is getting rediculous, and it is going to get worse......It is becomeing a track meet on sundays! I miss the days of dominant RBs that score 20+ tds on the ground!

Where do you see the future of the ground game going? What are your thoughts? Lets hear them.

JohnnyFive
Captain
Captain

Re: The evolution of the game

Postby JohnnyFive » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:19 pm

If you ever listen to "The Herd" on sports radio, Colin has been talking about this becoming a pass n catch league for years. I have agreed with his argument about it too with the rules to protect QBs and WRs. Personally I don't think RBs will lose value. They may not run for 1500-2000 yards anymore but they will make up for it in Receiving Yards. You will either see teams going to the NO style with a RBBC, or a team like the Eagles with an explosive smaller back who can still run well, but can catch even better. You will have 10-15 RBs who are great and take all the reps, then 20 backs who are in a commitee and are fantasy relevant of RB2-3.
Keep On Rockin In The Free World