Brian Urlacher

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Brian Urlacher

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live Wednesday that "most" around and in the Bears' organization believe MLB Brian Urlacher (personal) will return to play Sunday against the Saints.It's a tentative expectation because Urlacher is attending to his family in Arizona, where his mother, Lavoyda, has passed on. Schefter likened the situation to Brett Favre's in 2003, when he poured 399 yards and four touchdowns on the Raiders while mourning the loss of his father, Irv. Urlacher probably won't practice this week. The Bears travel to New Orleans for a 1PM ET game Sunday.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Brian and his family during this difficult time... :(

TXPackFan
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Brian Urlacher

Postby TXPackFan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:55 pm

As a Packers fan, I would normally say that I'd prefer the Bears to lose this week (and every week). However, Urlacher is a fierce competitor and a great athlete. He deserves to play and win one this week in memory of his mother. It's my guess that he's going to have a career day to help the Bears beat the Saints similar to what Farve did many years ago on that Monday night against Oakland.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Urlacher, and I hope you put a beat down on the Saints this weekend.
12 Team, .5PPR, 6pt TD
QB, RB, WR, TE, R/W, W/T, R/W/T, K, DEF
QB-Wilson, Cousins
RB-Gurley, McCoy, Lynch, Abdullah, Ellington, Gore, Perine, Mack, Kelley, Darkwa
WR-Green, Mike Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Thielen, R. Matthews, Higgins, Ross, A. Steweart
TE-Doyle, Smith
2018-1, 2