Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Is Reagor the top WR to get in 2020?

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:50 pm

mullmania wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:33 pm IDK the dude looks small and didnt seem to test althetic at the combine.

I think possible bustero
While I largely agree, he put together a virtual combine with much better numbers and he looks way faster than a 4.45 or whatever it was.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:16 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:35 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:15 am that last post confirms i will not take reagor anywhere seeing mike has already said he sucks at picking wrs.
I do. This is by my own admission.

The WRs I’ve drafted over the last two years are DJ Moore, Marquise Brown (woo!) and Parris Campbell (boo!).

That’s right. Seven dynasty leagues, I targeted a total of three receivers in two years. All I ever do is draft running back and then use that to trade for a wide receiver early in their careers. So while I own others such as Deebo Samuel, Cortland Sutton, and AJ Brown… I didn’t actually draft any of those guys.

I’ll own 4 copies of Reagor, my biggest “all in” at wide receiver ever. I did more research than ever and I feel pretty confident. So if I fail here, I might just keep my mouth shut at wr forever.
What RBs did you trade for your WRs
You name it. Any productive RB drafted over the past 3-4 years. Mostly Kerryon Johnson and Devin Singletary.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:43 pm

I really don't understand how people are saying that Reagor is "risky" and "raw" while Lamb is more polished and "safe."

Lamb seems safer and more polished because he was the consensus WR1 or WR2 pre-draft. I really like Lamb and prefer him to Reagor but "safety" isn't the reason you should pick Lamb ahead of Reagor. Just like Reagor, Lamb played against poor Big 12 CBs, didn't face press, and wasn't asked to run a huge variety of routes. I actually think Reagor is the "safer" prospect as his twitchiness and easy separation is an easily translatable skill.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:22 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:43 pm I really don't understand how people are saying that Reagor is "risky" and "raw" while Lamb is more polished and "safe."

Lamb seems safer and more polished because he was the consensus WR1 or WR2 pre-draft. I really like Lamb and prefer him to Reagor but "safety" isn't the reason you should pick Lamb ahead of Reagor. Just like Reagor, Lamb played against poor Big 12 CBs, didn't face press, and wasn't asked to run a huge variety of routes. I actually think Reagor is the "safer" prospect as his twitchiness and easy separation is an easily translatable skill.
hes seems more safe and polished to me because of what i see from him on film. I don't think he will be as dominant After the Catch like he was in college but i like his hands, physicality, size, route running and football IQ. I've seen enough film on him to get a good opinion. i try to go by MY OWN Rankings...and Lamb checks all the boxes for me. But Reagor was my crush of the draft. I was all Lamb up until about 2 weeks ago lol.

I had pick 1.08. I didn't even think Lamb would get to me so in my mind there was no chance. Lamb fell to me and i just went with Reagor...i was trying to trade back a few spots to no avail.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Re:

Postby Chwf3rd » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:58 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:22 pm
Chwf3rd wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:43 pm I really don't understand how people are saying that Reagor is "risky" and "raw" while Lamb is more polished and "safe."

hes seems more safe and polished to me because of what i see from him on film. I don't think he will be as dominant After the Catch like he was in college but i like his hands, physicality, size, route running and football IQ. I've seen enough film on him to get a good opinion. i try to go by MY OWN Rankings...and Lamb checks all the boxes for me. But Reagor was my crush of the draft. I was all Lamb up until about 2 weeks ago lol.

I had pick 1.08. I didn't even think Lamb would get to me so in my mind there was no chance. Lamb fell to me and i just went with Reagor...i was trying to trade back a few spots to no avail.
I prefer Lamb as well just really think the characterization is of the players is very far off.

Reagor has a skill set which translates easily - effortless separation. Lamb is the one with the higher upside but skills that are harder to quantify: playmaking, feel, and RAC. If I was betting on floor I’d easily take Reagor.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:06 pm

Lamb produced. That's why.

I get the bad QB play, but Reagor wasn't even the top receiver in terms of yardage on his own team for a significant number of games last year--including against some really awful defenses (even by Big 12 standards)

And on top of it Lamb didn't really have any drop issues.

With that said, I don't believe either is a very safe prospect: just that Lamb's ceiling is more likely to be realized--something I base off his body of work having watched a ton of Big 12 football over the years

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Re:

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:51 am

Chwf3rd wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:58 pm

I prefer Lamb as well just really think the characterization is of the players is very far off.

Reagor has a skill set which translates easily - effortless separation. Lamb is the one with the higher upside but skills that are harder to quantify: playmaking, feel, and RAC. If I was betting on floor I’d easily take Reagor.
i didn't see the effortless separation as much as i wanted...at least not early in the routes.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:07 am

Which games did you watch to come to this effortless separation conclusion?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:02 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:07 am

Which games did you watch to come to this effortless separation conclusion?
I've seen Oklahoma St, West Virginia, Texas, Arkansas Pine Bluff, Ohio St (2018), and West Virginia (2018).

Here's my writeup of him: incredibly fast and quick - stands out watching him immediately, great YAC, easy separation, incredibly quick out of breaks, ability to go up and high point, contested catch ability.

If you disagree that's fine but his quick twitch allows him to separate quickly and thats a trait thats easy to project.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR

bobandrews
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bobandrews » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:47 pm

I was happy to land him at 1.13 in my draft, the fifth WR off the board. I'd been hoping that one of the top five RBs would slip down to where I could offer enough to move up a few slots but they went in a hurry. It came down to Reagor or Ruggs and I just like Reagor's landing spot better.
Minnesota Fighting Saints 2020 League Champs
16 Team, 22 player in-season, 26 player off-season, .5 PPR, 4 Rd Rookie draft
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1K
QB- Mahomes, Bridgewater, Eason
RB- DCook, Aaron Jones, Duke Johnson, Hyde, Kelley, Cohen
WR- Watkins, S Shepard, C Godwin, Gallup, AJ Brown, S Sims, Reagor, Coutee, Patrick, Hansen
TE- Howard, Burton, Engram, Arnold
K- Butker, Succop

Also:
I commish the Ed Hughes Football League. Founded 1980. Limited Keeper/non-dynasty. Our 41th season!

http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/44355

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:41 pm

bobandrews wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:47 pm I was happy to land him at 1.13 in my draft, the fifth WR off the board. I'd been hoping that one of the top five RBs would slip down to where I could offer enough to move up a few slots but they went in a hurry. It came down to Reagor or Ruggs and I just like Reagor's landing spot better.
ahhh, the landing spot.

last year i wouldn't look sideways at aj brown because of his landing spot. corey davis just couldn't get going there so i looked elsewhere.

turns out brown is a beast and davis just isn't very good.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:45 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:41 pm
bobandrews wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:47 pm I was happy to land him at 1.13 in my draft, the fifth WR off the board. I'd been hoping that one of the top five RBs would slip down to where I could offer enough to move up a few slots but they went in a hurry. It came down to Reagor or Ruggs and I just like Reagor's landing spot better.
ahhh, the landing spot.

last year i wouldn't look sideways at aj brown because of his landing spot. corey davis just couldn't get going there so i looked elsewhere.

turns out brown is a beast and davis just isn't very good.
Helps that AJB is a YAC monster; while CD is more of an ADOT receiver.

A lot easier to have success with subpar QB play when your game allows you to be less reliant on poor passes

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:15 am

Surprised to see multiple people tout Philly as a great landing spot. Last year, more than half of Wentz’s passes (53.2% to be exact) went to TEs and RBs. With Ertz remaining highly productive and Sanders and Goedert ascending, I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I’m also pretty sure I read/heard somewhere that the Eagles ran more 12 personnel than any other team last year. Granted, the Eagles WRs aren’t exactly world beaters, even when healthy. But even if Reagor quickly ascends to the top of the pecking order, I just don’t think the volume will be there to make him THE WR1 in this class.

I had the opportunity to take him at 1.12 for team 3
In my sig. I considered it for a bit, but wound up taking Mims instead, who I think has a higher ceiling and floor.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:05 am

M-Dub wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:15 am Surprised to see multiple people tout Philly as a great landing spot. Last year, more than half of Wentz’s passes (53.2% to be exact) went to TEs and RBs. With Ertz remaining highly productive and Sanders and Goedert ascending, I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I’m also pretty sure I read/heard somewhere that the Eagles ran more 12 personnel than any other team last year. Granted, the Eagles WRs aren’t exactly world beaters, even when healthy. But even if Reagor quickly ascends to the top of the pecking order, I just don’t think the volume will be there to make him THE WR1 in this class.

I had the opportunity to take him at 1.12 for team 3
In my sig. I considered it for a bit, but wound up taking Mims instead, who I think has a higher ceiling and floor.
Wentz threw to his TEs and RBs at a high rate last year because they were the only positions healthy. Their WR group was a mash unit. Having healthy (and capable) bodies outside should change that percentage.

As far as Reagor, I think he has been one of the most overrated prospects this year. The excuses made for his production this past season are pretty much identical to the excuses made for Corey Davis as a pro. "His QB sucks, hard to make plays when he doesn't get catchable balls, he still separates, etc". I just don't see this high end production from him as it pertains to fantasy. If he ends up just being their field stretcher and DJax replacement I wouldn't be shocked, and those guys are tough to rely on every week. I see a lot of Kendall Wright when I watch Reagor.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:22 am

Kendall Wright? How? Kendall was a 4.6 possession type. Reagor is a twitchy burner in the mold of Percy Harvin.

The Eagles haven’t given enough WR weapons to Wentz, but when Djax and Alshon have been healthy they’re very good in fantasy.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league