2020 NFL Draft - Reactions & Analysis

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - Reactions & Analysis

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:22 pm

I think the Eagles want to trade Wentz for value. They said they made the Hurts pick because they reckon themselves as some kind of “QB developers.” They were one of the first teams to exploit the rookie QB contract and stacked rest-of-roster concept. Well, here they are with a developed QB and a rookie QB contract. :D

It would not surprise me if they receive the farm from some poor team for Wentz, quick rebuild with the ransom received, and make another run at it.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:22 pm I think the Eagles want to trade Wentz for value. They said they made the Hurts pick because they reckon themselves as some kind of “QB developers.” They were one of the first teams to exploit the rookie QB contract and stacked rest-of-roster concept. Well, here they are with a developed QB and a rookie QB contract. :D

It would not surprise me if they receive the farm from some poor team for Wentz, quick rebuild with the ransom received, and make another run at it.
I don't see that at all. Wentz was looking like an MVP late last year, right after the made him very rich. The Eagles know the value of a quality backup. Hurts is a real project. They wouldn't be ready to compete for years with him. Hurts is a quality backup project that they can also use in sub packages. Nothing more to it. I think people are reading way too much into it. You don't trade away a QB of Wentz caliber and replace him with a project QB to make a run at it. They traded for Slay, and drafted D and WR's as well. You need someone better than Sudfeld/McCown as a backup. Backup QB is an important position.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:22 pm I think the Eagles want to trade Wentz for value. They said they made the Hurts pick because they reckon themselves as some kind of “QB developers.” They were one of the first teams to exploit the rookie QB contract and stacked rest-of-roster concept. Well, here they are with a developed QB and a rookie QB contract. :D

I don't see that at all. Wentz was looking like an MVP late last year, right after the made him very rich. The Eagles know the value of a quality backup. Hurts is a real project. They wouldn't be ready to compete for years with him. Hurts is a quality backup project that they can also use in sub packages. Nothing more to it. I think people are reading way too much into it. You don't trade away a QB of Wentz caliber and replace him with a project QB to make a run at it. They traded for Slay, and drafted D and WR's as well. You need someone better than Sudfeld/McCown as a backup. Backup QB is an important position.
That would make it the highest backup QB selection in draft history then, would it not? When the Patriots took Jimmy G he was supposed to eventually take over.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:07 am

PR0v3 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:55 am

That would make it the highest backup QB selection in draft history then, would it not? When the Patriots took Jimmy G he was supposed to eventually take over.
I think it's a hedge. Wentz has been hurt quite a bit. If Carson's career gets derailed by injuries, they have a guy that's been in their system that they have groomed. I'm sure they would prefer that Hurts is the backup indefinitely, it would suit their cause.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:07 am

I think it's a hedge. Wentz has been hurt quite a bit. If Carson's career gets derailed by injuries, they have a guy that's been in their system that they have groomed. I'm sure they would prefer that Hurts is the backup indefinitely, it would suit their cause.
I've been beating the Wentz is overrated drum for a while now (How the hell can you look at Wentz and think he's worth as much as Russel Wilson?); so I won't say it's impossible...

But highly unlikely after they gave him that ridiculous contract. 107 Million guaranteed means this isn't happening.

More likely they develop Hurts, he shines when Wentz inevitably goes down, and then they flip for a 2nd round +

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:59 am

IZigUZag wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:41 am

I've been beating the Wentz is overrated drum for a while now (How the hell can you look at Wentz and think he's worth as much as Russel Wilson?); so I won't say it's impossible...

But highly unlikely after they gave him that ridiculous contract. 107 Million guaranteed means this isn't happening.

More likely they develop Hurts, he shines when Wentz inevitably goes down, and then they flip for a 2nd round +
Yeah, regardless of your personal opinions of Wentz, there is no logical reason to think Hurts was drafted to replace him.
Janiel Dones Truther

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:59 am

Yeah, regardless of your personal opinions of Wentz, there is no logical reason to think Hurts was drafted to replace him.
What is this "logic" you speak of?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:26 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:30 am

59 million in dead cap in 2020.
24.5 million in dead cap in 2021
22 million in dead cap in 2022
15 million in 2023 -- the first realistic out

(Unless I'm reading this contract wrong)
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphi ... ntz-18950/

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:57 am

IZigUZag wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:26 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:30 am

59 million in dead cap in 2020.
24.5 million in dead cap in 2021
22 million in dead cap in 2022
15 million in 2023 -- the first realistic out

(Unless I'm reading this contract wrong)
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphi ... ntz-18950/
You aren’t. He’s the QB imo. That being said, he is frequently injured and they’ve said Hurts was BPA on their board so it’s not as bad as the Love pick. I’d be throwing out offers to the Wentz owners to see how they felt about the pick and maybe try to buy light if I could.
Team 1 (Rebuild ): 12-tm SF 0.5PPR/1.0PP1D
QB: Young, Tannehill, Lance
RB: Herbert, Akers, Gibson, Charbonnet, CPatt, Wilson, Abanikanda
WR: D. Smith, Flowers, Pickens, Dotson, Downs, C. Samuel, Chark, Boyd, Douglas
TE: Njoku, Knox
Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 2.02, 3.03 4.04, 4 25 1sts, 2 25 2nds

Team 2: 14-tm SF PPR/1.5TEP
QB: Burrow, Wilson, Lance
RB: JT, Mixon, Pollard, Hill, Patterson, Hines
WR: Hill, Cooper, DK, DJM, D. Samuel, Sutton
TE: Freiermuth, Gesicki, Hudson
Picks: 3.10, 4.10, 25 3rd, 25 4th

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:25 am

My Analysis of the 2020 draft is:

With so many people stuck at home and missing sports, the 2020 NFL Draft shattered its all-time record in viewership by 26%.

"The NFL announced in a statement that 15.6 million people watched the first round of the draft, which shattered the previous record of 12.4 million set in 2014".

IMO, in the past, most of these additional viewers haven't been playing fantasy football or following the drafts except for maybe their favorite team.

I believe that the Coronavirus Pandemic is a marathon, not a sprint. If we have a 2020 football season, I believe that it will be without fans in the stadiums, and without a normal functioning society or a lot of people staying at home. As a result, we could very well see a record breaking spike in the number of people playing fantasy football, and more people playing in multiple leagues this coming season; as well as, possibly another large spike in the number of redraft players trying their hand at dynasty play.

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:22 am

Wile E. Coyote wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:25 am .
My Analysis of the 2020 draft is:

With so many people stuck at home and missing sports, the 2020 NFL Draft shattered its all-time record in viewership by 26%.

"The NFL announced in a statement that 15.6 million people watched the first round of the draft, which shattered the previous record of 12.4 million set in 2014".

IMO, in the past, most of these additional viewers haven't been playing fantasy football or following the drafts except for maybe their favorite team.

I believe that the Coronavirus Pandemic is a marathon, not a sprint. If we have a 2020 football season, I believe that it will be without fans in the stadiums, and without a normal functioning society or a lot of people staying at home. As a result, we could very well see a record breaking spike in the number of people playing fantasy football, and more people playing in multiple leagues this coming season; as well as, possibly another large spike in the number of redraft players trying their hand at dynasty play.
The spike could simply be the same people that always watch it, watching separately.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 10.26.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 10.26.09 PM.png (113.18 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Janiel Dones Truther

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:52 pm

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here, too.

1. Is there a QB worth drafting outside of the top three? (Burrow, Tua, Herbert)
2. What RB do you like outside of the top five? (CEH, JT, Swift, Dobbins, Akers)
3. Do you like ANY of the TEs this year?
4. Will you draft a WR that was selected outside of round three?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:56 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:52 pm I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here, too.

1. Is there a QB worth drafting outside of the top three? (Burrow, Tua, Herbert)
2. What RB do you like outside of the top five? (CEH, JT, Swift, Dobbins, Akers)
3. Do you like ANY of the TEs this year?
4. Will you draft a WR that was selected outside of round three?
1. Love if you have deep bench spots
2. Vaughn, Evans, McFarland
3. Trautman, with deep bench
4. Gabriel Davis, Tyler Johnson, Donovan Peoples-Jones

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:15 pm

What About Lazard isnt he the Wr2 in GB.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon