Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: CEH is your new 1.01

Postby IR1 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 am

I have the 1.09 and initially thought CEH could be my pick, now I may get a more talented player in a less favorable situation
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:37 am

Definitely too early to call him the 1.01. Lots left to happen.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:39 am

IR1 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 am I have the 1.09 and initially thought CEH could be my pick, now I may get a more talented player in a less favorable situation
x2

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:41 am
Slackalacker wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:03 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:48 pm Taking him at 1.01 is poor value. Simply doesn't fit the mold of the top pick in a loaded class.
That kind of thinking is what landed most 1.1 owners with Fournette instead of CMC.
CEH isn't nearly as talented as either one.
Yeah, the 2017 rookie to compare CEH to is Kareem Hunt, not McCaffery

I don’t suddenly believe CEH is better than Swift/Dobbins/Taylor just because Andy Reid drafted him, just like I didn’t believe Mecole Hardman was better than DK Metcalf.

Having said that, Andy Reid turned Kareem Hunt into a first round startup pick. You can disagree with a team’s decision to take a player while respecting their ability to turn him into a monster. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

If Indy takes Taylor here or
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:01 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 am
Slackalacker wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:03 pm

That kind of thinking is what landed most 1.1 owners with Fournette instead of CMC.

I don’t suddenly believe CEH is better than Swift/Dobbins/Taylor just because Andy Reid drafted him, just like I didn’t believe Mecole Hardman was better than DK Metcalf.

Having said that, Andy Reid turned Kareem Hunt into a first round startup pick. You can disagree with a team’s decision to take a player while respecting their ability to turn him into a monster. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Oh no, I agree that he landed in the optimal situation for his skillset. He can be a very good receiving back in that offense.

However, I'm not boosting more talented players over a players who's being valued mostly because of his situation. That rarely works out. He's clearly a first round rookie pick now, but 1.01? I think that's crazy.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:14 am

Not an exact comparison by any means, but some of it smells a bit like Sony Michel situation to me. CEH stock went up for sure, but I'm not completely sold on him at 1.01. If I had two picks in the top 5-6, sure, no brainer. But I find it hard to put all my eggs in that basket. Hopefully at least one of the "big 3" winds up in a good situation to make the decision a bit easier for me. And a round of applause to the CEH truthers, undoubtedly some nice validation for you last night in the draft.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:28 am

KC certainly thought CEH was the most talented RB.

This is a strong RB class. Reid sees a better Brian Westbrook according to KC's GM. He may not ultimately be the best RB in the class but he looks to be a really safe and solid pick at the top of the fantasy draft.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:30 am

CEH will not be number one for a good chunk of folks, but I think he is locked in as a fallback option if you really hate where Swift/Taylor/Dobbins land. It also really bumps the value of 1.06 which seemed to be the odd man out pre-draft.

I’m torn right now as a 1.01 owner. Locking in Kareem Hunt 2.0 in KC sounds pretty damn good. I could get excited about PIT, BAL or something but for some reason I’m turned off by MIA
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:32 am

Superflex aside,, this is hilarious to read. Let's put our 'notes' (I have months worth) away, and stop pretending like the smokescreens and BS are effective means to our manhood. We were wrong. Give up the keyboard warrior stance.

Andy Reid just had his pick of the litter at RB and took a RB in round 1 to add to a top 3 scoring offense. Hours later he literally stated he felt CEH was "better then Westbrook". So yeah, I'd expect him to be a committee back in a 3 headed monster....

It doesn't match your "notes" or "rankings" or group think? Oh well. He is 1.01 or 1.02 and it would take TBB to take Swift/Dobbins for me to sway off CEH being 1.01.

Don't overthink the obvious. There were plenty of options for Reid to go at RB. He choose to use heavy draft capital at RB and on a player he is sold on.

We assume TBB is going to be a good spot for any RB, where the entire offense is influx...and will be with a rookie QB in 1-3 years. Its hardly a long term ideal situation. Andy Reid offense with Mahomes for another decade is pretty cozy.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:43 am

Zacsby wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:23 pm
murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 pm nope, he is not anywhere near 1.01, but I look forward to people taking that leap
Says the guy who also said there was ZERO chance KC took a RB.
You have me here. I am still shocked they made this investment. I still don't believe landing spot should elevate a player this drastically. I just don't see him as a 3 down back and I won't use a 1.01 for a player like that. He is a tool in Andy's toolboc
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

vix_trader
Rookie
Rookie

Postby vix_trader » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:45 am

xlur8ed wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:32 am Superflex aside,, this is hilarious to read. Let's put our 'notes' (I have months worth) away, and stop pretending like the smokescreens and BS are effective means to our manhood. We were wrong. Give up the keyboard warrior stance.

Andy Reid just had his pick of the litter at RB and took a RB in round 1 to add to a top 3 scoring offense. Hours later he literally stated he felt CEH was "better then Westbrook". So yeah, I'd expect him to be a committee back in a 3 headed monster....

It doesn't match your "notes" or "rankings" or group think? Oh well. He is 1.01 or 1.02 and it would take TBB to take Swift/Dobbins for me to sway off CEH being 1.01.

Don't overthink the obvious. There were plenty of options for Reid to go at RB. He choose to use heavy draft capital at RB and on a player he is sold on.

We assume TBB is going to be a good spot for any RB, where the entire offense is influx...and will be with a rookie QB in 1-3 years. Its hardly a long term ideal situation. Andy Reid offense with Mahomes for another decade is pretty cozy.
Thank you for saying this so I didn't have to.
12 Team Standard Scoring.
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, TE, D/ST, K.

QB: L. Jackson, Winston

RB: N. Chubb, J. Jacobs, CEH, Deandre Swift,

WR: Tyreek Hill, D.J.Moore, D.J. Chark, Elijah Moore, Devonta Smith, Hollywood

TE: T.J. Hockenson, Pitts, Dan Arnold

2022 Rookie Draft - 1, 1, 1, 4

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:50 am

I'm just waiting for somebody to come out and say Andy Reid is a dunce. Stop beating around the bush. Cause that's what you're implying when you say he sunk 1st round capital into an inferior RB with every single one available to him. I wanna hear somebody say they know more about RBs than Andy Reid! :lol:
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:51 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:01 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 am

Oh no, I agree that he landed in the optimal situation for his skillset. He can be a very good receiving back in that offense.

However, I'm not boosting more talented players over a players who's being valued mostly because of his situation. That rarely works out. He's clearly a first round rookie pick now, but 1.01? I think that's crazy.
He always was. Also, it's your view that there's more talented players, but the NFL doesn't seem to agree on that, at least at the RB spot. Most people had CEH in their top 5, with it being one tier. I don't think it's crazy for people to take him first, his floor is safe and his ceiling is high.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:52 am

Yeah- I think his floor is 1.03, and that assumes Indy takes Taylor and Tampa takes Swift or Dobbins. This is Kareem Hunt before he kicked that lady. I have no issue with taking CEH 1.01. I don’t have a 1.01, but I have a 1.02 and a Superflex 1.03, and I suspect I’ll be trying to trade back a spot or two.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:01 am

I would still like to wait and find out the landing spots of the other top backs before even making my top 5 rankings, but this certainly elevates CEH. He comes into the conversation for 1.1 for me now. While I doubt he will be a workhorse back per se, KC doesn't use their backs as workhorses anyway. He will likely get the high majority of RB touches, whether it be rushing or receiving. He is the type of back that does well in space and this situation is the ideal fit for that. I slightly worry about TD numbers, but KC puts up so many points I could still see him reaching 10 TDs a year.