Kenyan Drake - Signed by Oakland

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kenyan Drake - Traded to Arizona

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:45 am

hmmm, now i have to work out if i want to use the franchise tag on him next season in a salary cap league. it will be $30k+ out of a $200k limit.

if he can keep doing what he's doing what option do i have? not sure what he will fetch in the free agent auction.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:31 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:56 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:37 pm Drake had 4 TDs last week and there's talk the GM wants to retain Drake. What is his value now? Would you give, say, 1.8 for him?
I probably wouldn't trade a first for Drake at all, though I'd consider it more if Arizona brings him back and makes him the guy. He's an UFA, so who knows how that shakes out.
They have 78 million in cap room, and the GM explained his trade for Drake was done with the idea of retaining him. Had nothing to do with injuries. He said if it was about DJ and Edmonds being hurt, they would have grabbed a guy off the street, and saved the pick. They specifically targeted Drake because they felt he was a good fit. Looks like they were right.
I'm not saying they don't have the funds to re-sign him. I'm saying, I wouldn't consider paying a mid-first for him, unless his path was clear. David Johnson and Chase Edmonds will both be back. Johnson isn't healthy, but when he is, he's a better RB than Drake. Also, I don't think the Cardinals will find a taker for Johnson's contract without including a draft pick. So, I think there's a relevant chance he's back.

Drake is a good, RB. I touted him a lot in the underrated players who were being wasted threads all season. But, I would not give up a mid-first, especially in a draft like this, for him.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:23 pmDrake is a good, RB. I touted him a lot in the underrated players who were being wasted threads all season. But, I would not give up a mid-first, especially in a draft like this, for him.
I've seen comments that people would give late 11sts or early 2nds for him, but that was before his current explosion of 6 TDs in 2 games. I was curious how the last 2 weeks would compare to the current draft class.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:55 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:23 pm

I probably wouldn't trade a first for Drake at all, though I'd consider it more if Arizona brings him back and makes him the guy. He's an UFA, so who knows how that shakes out.
They have 78 million in cap room, and the GM explained his trade for Drake was done with the idea of retaining him. Had nothing to do with injuries. He said if it was about DJ and Edmonds being hurt, they would have grabbed a guy off the street, and saved the pick. They specifically targeted Drake because they felt he was a good fit. Looks like they were right.
I'm not saying they don't have the funds to re-sign him. I'm saying, I wouldn't consider paying a mid-first for him, unless his path was clear. David Johnson and Chase Edmonds will both be back. Johnson isn't healthy, but when he is, he's a better RB than Drake. Also, I don't think the Cardinals will find a taker for Johnson's contract without including a draft pick. So, I think there's a relevant chance he's back.

Drake is a good, RB. I touted him a lot in the underrated players who were being wasted threads all season. But, I would not give up a mid-first, especially in a draft like this, for him.
I'm not saying I would give up a mid-1st but David Johnson has never in his career looked as good actually running the football as Drake has since coming to Arizona. I realize DJ is a tremendous receiver (Drake is no slouch in that regard either). Any chance they would consider moving DJ to slot WR given the style of offense that they run and DJ's profile as a terrific WR but very average runner?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:15 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:23 pm

I don't agree, and I don't think the Cards staff does, either. Not at this point in their careers. I wouldn't trade a mid first for him, but I also wouldn't trade him for much less.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:07 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:15 pm I don't agree, and I don't think the Cards staff does, either. Not at this point in their careers. I wouldn't trade a mid first for him, but I also wouldn't trade him for much less.
The Cardinals staff agrees that Kenyan Drake is better than what David Johnson is right now, which is not healthy.

Johnson didn't turn into a bum overnight. He's good at football and had some tough situations in Arizona the last few years. If he is healthy, there's not much Drake does better than him.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:12 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:07 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:15 pm I don't agree, and I don't think the Cards staff does, either. Not at this point in their careers. I wouldn't trade a mid first for him, but I also wouldn't trade him for much less.
The Cardinals staff agrees that Kenyan Drake is better than what David Johnson is right now, which is not healthy.

Johnson didn't turn into a bum overnight. He's good at football and had some tough situations in Arizona the last few years. If he is healthy, there's not much Drake does better than him.
This is fantasy football. Guys turn into bums overnight all the time. Combine that with Drake looking infinitely better in that "tough situation" than David Johnson and Johnson being a 28 year old RB that was never really a great actual runner in the first place, and it's not really a stretch to think that Drake will be the guy next year.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:17 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:07 am

He didn't look good as a runner before he got hurt. I have both guys on the same team, and I can say objectively that going into next year, there is a strong chance Drake does almost everything better than Johnson at this stage of their careers, even if both guys are healthy. Johnson is assumed to be hurt by people using it as the reason for his lack of playing time/production. He hasn't been on the injury report for some time. He may not be 100 percent, but he's certainly not hurt to the point where he's inactive.

Keim stated that they targeted Drake with the idea of retaining him, and that the injuries at the time were not the only reason they got him when he was made available. He's also non committal on DJ's return. It's highly unlikely that if Drake is re signed, that he isn't their lead back next year, IMO.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

baldwin415
Rookie
Rookie

Kenyan Drake

Postby baldwin415 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:07 am

Is he worth giving up a late first for? How would you value him? There's a lot of unknowns right now, but might be worth the risk if he ends up going somewhere advantageous.
The Dynasty-hee: 10 team, .5 PPR, Keep 15, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex
QB - Herbert, Stafford
RB - JT, Ekeler, Montgomery, Peterson, Scott, Hasty
WR - Thielen, Woods, Hill, Cooper, Bateman, M. Jones, Davis, Sanders, Hardman, Callaway, Gallup
TE - Kittle, Thomas, Seals-Jones, Trautman, Conklin
2022: 1st (late), 3rd (early), 3rd (early), 4th (late)

patrickchula
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Kenyan Drake

Postby patrickchula » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:14 am

Tough....I was thinking the same thing. But its a gamble right now. I think Kingsbury likes him over DJ. So if Drake resigns and DJ is cut, then that's a good trade I think. Butttttt if both of those things don't happen its risky.

Personally I'm hoping that Kareem Hunt signs somewhere this year....but I think he'll head back to Cleveland for 2020.
Team 1 (SF):
QB:
Josh Allen, Lock, Minshew, Herbert
RB: M Sanders, Kenyan Drake, Gurley, Fournette, D Henderson, Gaskin, Boston Scott
WR: Davante, McLaurin, CeeDee, DJ Moore, M Brown, N Harry, Gandy-Golden, B Cooks, JJAWS, J Reynolds
TE: GRONK, H Henry, M Gesicki, N Fant
Picks: 1, 2,4, 5 (2021)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team 2 (SF, TE Prem):
QB:
Russell Wilson, Tua, Cam
RB: Josh Jacobs, D Singletary, C Carson, R Penny, D Washington, B Love, A Gibson, Darrell Henderson
WR: Scary Terry McLaurin, C Kupp, A Thielen, M Gallup, D Slayton, Aiyuk, T Higgins, Shenault, M Hardman, B Cooks, R Higgins, J Reynolds, H Butler, S Sims, K Harmon
TE: GRONK, Hockenson, Kmet, Njoku, D Sample, K Warring
Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 (2021)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:25 am

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:38 am

patrickchula wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:14 am Tough....I was thinking the same thing. But its a gamble right now. I think Kingsbury likes him over DJ. So if Drake resigns and DJ is cut, then that's a good trade I think. Butttttt if both of those things don't happen its risky.

Personally I'm hoping that Kareem Hunt signs somewhere this year....but I think he'll head back to Cleveland for 2020.
Kareem Hunt is an RFA. I think it's pretty much a lock he'll be back in CLE next year
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Kenyan drake value check

Postby Sfoster2625 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Thinking of targeting him and trying to get a general consensus of what he’s worth
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

rmacattack6
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Kenyan drake value check

Postby rmacattack6 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Completed this trade recently in 10 team PPR:
Give: Drake and Parker
Get: 2021 1st (top 5) and Parris Campbell

So approximately an early 2 is what the market valued him at.
Team 1: 8 Team Standard Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex, K, DEF

QB - Jackson, Stafford, Darnold
RB - Chubb, Mack, Henderson, Mostert, Howard, Coleman, Cohen, T.Pollard, D.Harris, D. Freeman
WR - Hopkins, Thielen, Robinson, Metcalf, M.Jones, Washington, Arcega-Whiteside
TE - Henry, Howard
K -
DEF -

2020 8th, 14th, and 17th overall
2021 2,2,3,3,4

Team 2: 10 Team PPR Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex

QB - Wilson, Brady, , Cousins, Minshew
RB - Chubb, Mack, Coleman, Penny, D Harris, D. Freeman
WR -Thomas, Moore, Boyd, Ridley, Sanders, Jeffrey, Crowder, Campbell, Miller, Sims Jr
TE - Kittle, Hurst, Knox

2020 10th, 13th, 22nd, and 36th overall
2021 1,2,3,3,4
2022 1,2,2,3,4

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kenyan drake value check

Postby Packerland » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:07 pm

With all his hype i'm surprised he didn't go for a mid to late 1. I would only buy him for an early to mid second.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds