Sleeper - Albert Wilson?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Albert Wilson

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:59 am

Having watched him on the chiefs for 4 years he didn't do anything to make me think he'd ever be fantasy relevant and in the year and a half since that hasn't changed at all. He's ok in practice. To say he even has WR2 potential is insane. I would be hoping he was a bye week filler for me if I rostered him because that is his absolute ceiling
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:10 pm

There was a competition for his services. Nagy wanted him in Chicago. Other teams (aside from KC) were reportedly in on the bidding. Miami won.

Completely agree that his YAC skills with his volume can make him a regular starter in fantasy. Wouldn't surprise me if his production is like A Cooper with severe hills and valleys.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:31 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:49 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:32 am
IZigUZag wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:14 pm

x2. Wilsons an explosive YAC guy who flashed last season. His upside is more WR 2 ala Golden Tate than middling flex play
In that offense with those QB's? Doubt it. Golden Tate was also a much better player through the prime years of his career than Wilson is, and in a much better situation.
Is Ryan Fitzpatrick good? No. Is he good for fantasy? Yes, and he has been his entire career.
Yep.

Fitzpatrick's last few stops: Texans (Hopkins), Jets (Marshall, Decker) and Bucs (Evans), have produced WR1's. Granted, Miami has nobody as good as those players, but the Dolphins are going to be trailing in a lot of games. They will have to pass the ball.

As long as Fitzpatrick is starting, Wilson absolutely has WR2 upside.

ImageImage

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:43 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:14 pm

x2. Wilsons an explosive YAC guy who flashed last season. His upside is more WR 2 ala Golden Tate than middling flex play
In that offense with those QB's? Doubt it. Golden Tate was also a much better player through the prime years of his career than Wilson is, and in a much better situation.
Is Ryan Fitzpatrick good? No. Is he good for fantasy? Yes, and he has been his entire career.
We'll see. If he puts up numbers like Tate did in Detroit then I'll concede, but I don't see it. Seems Hopkins and Evans, Marshall and Decker have done some things without Fitz throwing the ball, too. :lol: I went and checked. Now the concept of trailing, I can't argue that. I just don't see Albert Wilson coming close to 90 receptions and 1000 plus yards like Tate did.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:19 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:43 pm

I just don't see Albert Wilson coming close to 90 receptions and 1000 plus yards like Tate did.
With MIA trailing most of the season, it is not unreasonable to think 2 WRs can flirt with a 900-1000 yard season. But that requires that they stay healthy, Fitz doesn't spread the ball and Fitz actually gets the time to throw...

I wouldn't count on Wilson as my every week starter, but rather a matchup dependant flex play.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:59 am

• Miami's new blind-side protector is a traffic cone; Fitz and Rosen will be running for their lives on many passing-downs, and neither is much of a mobile passer
  • Miami's D is better than their O; they have an excellent secondary, the front-seven is youthful with a lot of developmental upside, and D is new HC hire Flores' focus
  • Albert Wilson isn't a possession-type slot-receiver, he doesn't have the nose for zone necessary for that role... I think he's better suited on the outside, incidentally
Odds are Miami's O will be a fantasy wasteland this year, and if any part of the team pleasantly surprises this season, it'll be the defense, so I dunno about pinning Wilson or Preston's or whoever's fantasy viability on the assumption that Miami's D will hemorrhage points and force the offense to pass all day with a suddenly compromised O-line.

Wilson is a sneaky good player when he gets the ball in his hands; the trouble is projecting a bad offense being able to get the ball into those hands on a consistent basis.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:52 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:59 am
  • Miami's new blind-side protector is a traffic cone; Fitz and Rosen will be running for their lives on many passing-downs, and neither is much of a mobile passer
  • Miami's D is better than their O; they have an excellent secondary, the front-seven is youthful with a lot of developmental upside, and D is new HC hire Flores' focus
  • Albert Wilson isn't a possession-type slot-receiver, he doesn't have the nose for zone necessary for that role... I think he's better suited on the outside, incidentally
Odds are Miami's O will be a fantasy wasteland this year, and if any part of the team pleasantly surprises this season, it'll be the defense, so I dunno about pinning Wilson or Preston's or whoever's fantasy viability on the assumption that Miami's D will hemorrhage points and force the offense to pass all day with a suddenly compromised O-line.

Wilson is a sneaky good player when he gets the ball in his hands; the trouble is projecting a bad offense being able to get the ball into those hands on a consistent basis.
All of this was true with Blake Bortles in 2015.

Why did he have so much fantasy success that season?

2 reasons: DGAF QB + garbage time

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:44 am

Everyone sleeping on my boy Jakeem Grant. He's a long shot, true, but he's got splash play potential and he'll only cost you a waiver claim.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:11 am

Dookmarriot wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:44 am Everyone sleeping on my boy Jakeem Grant. He's a long shot, true, but he's got splash play potential and he'll only cost you a waiver claim.
He's starting this week, at least. But will likely be first WR pushed from the lineup if PWilliams gets on the field.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:54 pm

I guess the injury concerns are a significant factor here

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:10 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:54 pm I guess the injury concerns are a significant factor here
Yep. Encouraging though that 4 of Fitzpatrick's first 5 targets went to Wilson.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:10 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:54 pm I guess the injury concerns are a significant factor here
Yep. Encouraging though that 4 of Fitzpatrick's first 5 targets went to Wilson.
He played six snaps on offense and was targeted 4 times. Don't often see that.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Sleeper - Albert Wilson?

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:09 am

I don't really watch Dolphins games
Snap share has gradually going up (still just 56% at best)

Is he just not as good as we'd hoped? Is it because it's the dolphins?
Little of this, little of that?

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Sleeper - Albert Wilson?

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:09 am

I don't watch either... but I'm thinking that if he can't get things going in the next week or two without Preston Williams taking targets (I know they aren't the same type of WR), then it's just not going to happen. I've dropped him pretty much everywhere I had him over the last few weeks, which is a bummer because I thought he was going to be a great sleeper and be good WR depth.