Dt to Patriots

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Dt to Patriots

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:56 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:53 pm Well I am not saying people should rush out and buy him - just saying I feel it is way to early to write him off 100%. Owners are certainly free to do so if they wish. And we'll have to disagree on his being elite and thats alright as well. :) But an (almost) 1000 yard season when you are 30 and your QBs are Brock Osweiler & Trevor Seiman does not scream JAG to me.
What seem to becoming apparent is teams are not nearly as concerned with Achilles injuries as in years past. Denver picked up Sanders option and now this signing. Sanders claimed he would be back by training camp.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:56 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:53 pm Well I am not saying people should rush out and buy him - just saying I feel it is way to early to write him off 100%. Owners are certainly free to do so if they wish. And we'll have to disagree on his being elite and thats alright as well. :) But an (almost) 1000 yard season when you are 30 and your QBs are Brock Osweiler & Trevor Seiman does not scream JAG to me.
What seem to becoming apparent is teams are not nearly as concerned with Achilles injuries as in years past. Denver picked up Sanders option and now this signing. Sanders claimed he would be back by training camp.
Hmm...maybe there’s hope for Dez and Foreman. Although there really hasn’t been much success for RB’s coming back.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 pm

If you own him trade him while you can.

Remember the Britt signing last year? Yeah trade him.

Wrong side of 30 and he looked slow before the last Achilles tear. He still has focus drops too.

Trade him!!!!!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:53 am

Are people still chasing dreams of Randy Moss? The Pats have signed a lot of former stars and haven’t had much success. No idea why people still get excited whenever they bring in a WR. I don’t know if DT can contribute this season for any team, but I sure don’t expect him to do much as a Pat.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:44 am

$150k signing bonus, $1.2M base salary

I do not believe he will ever, ever have more value (or implied value, rather) than right now.

SELL SELL SELL

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:58 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:10 pm People said Adrian Peterson was done. They said the same about Steve Smith (Achilles & 5 years older). Jimmy Graham. I am not saying DT is not done - just that I do not believe the odds are 100%. The Patriots would not sign him if they did not feel there was at least a chance he could return and be viable - this is (not to me at least) a signing to get a players notes on their previous playbook. Of course he may still be done from a fantasy perspective. Just saying elite players should get the benefit of the doubt so long as they show they are committed to returning.
This x10000.

Also, with Gronk gone there will be PLENTY of red zone targets for DT.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 am

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:58 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:10 pm People said Adrian Peterson was done. They said the same about Steve Smith (Achilles & 5 years older). Jimmy Graham. I am not saying DT is not done - just that I do not believe the odds are 100%. The Patriots would not sign him if they did not feel there was at least a chance he could return and be viable - this is (not to me at least) a signing to get a players notes on their previous playbook. Of course he may still be done from a fantasy perspective. Just saying elite players should get the benefit of the doubt so long as they show they are committed to returning.
This x10000.

Stop it. Plenty of zed zone? Look at the ASJ thread, ppl are saying the same thing about his red zone presence. Looks like Brady is going to double his production from last year with all these TDs he will be throwing.

PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PurpleHaze » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:10 am

True story: Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels drafted DT in the 1st round of the 2010 draft as the 1st WR off the board ahead of top prospect Dez Bryant. McDaniels was the head coach of the Broncos at the time.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:39 am

PurpleHaze wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:10 am True story: Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels drafted DT in the 1st round of the 2010 draft as the 1st WR off the board ahead of top prospect Dez Bryant. McDaniels was the head coach of the Broncos at the time.
True story: Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels drafted Tim Tebow in the 1st round of the 2010 draft as the 2nd QB off the board. McDaniels was the head coach of the Broncos at the time.

Another true story: The New England Patriots signed Tim Tebow in 2013 only to be cut when the rosters were cut down to 53. Josh McDaniels was the offensive coordinator of the Patriots at the time.

Bottom line: I don't think the fact that McDaniels was the coach of the Broncos when DT was drafted is particularly relevant to the Patriots in 2019. If he can play, then he'll stick on the roster and get some looks. If he can't, then he won't. The 2010 draft won't play into it.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:54 am

moishetreats wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:39 am
PurpleHaze wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:10 am True story: Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels drafted DT in the 1st round of the 2010 draft as the 1st WR off the board ahead of top prospect Dez Bryant. McDaniels was the head coach of the Broncos at the time.
True story: Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels drafted Tim Tebow in the 1st round of the 2010 draft as the 2nd QB off the board. McDaniels was the head coach of the Broncos at the time.

Another true story: The New England Patriots signed Tim Tebow in 2013 only to be cut when the rosters were cut down to 53. Josh McDaniels was the offensive coordinator of the Patriots at the time.

Bottom line: I don't think the fact that McDaniels was the coach of the Broncos when DT was drafted is particularly relevant to the Patriots in 2019. If he can play, then he'll stick on the roster and get some looks. If he can't, then he won't. The 2010 draft won't play into it.
Pretty sure Josh didn’t make the final decisions on any draft picks. Regardless, everyone knows who where the buck stops in NE.

This was a a very low risk signing for the Pats. Odds are he won’t be ready for the start of the season so he can be stashed and brought back when ready if ever.

That’s Pats are a smart organization. If ready late season he is a good enough player to contribute.

Very limited Dynasty value but worth a stash if rules allow.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:09 pm

jdomer2403 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 am
Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:58 am
This x10000.

Stop it. Plenty of zed zone? Look at the ASJ thread, ppl are saying the same thing about his red zone presence. Looks like Brady is going to double his production from last year with all these TDs he will be throwing.
ASJ - 11 Career TD's
DT - 62 Career TD's

Stop it.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:26 pm

True story: 2010 was nine years ago.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PurpleHaze » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm

RB6 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:26 pm
True story: 2010 was nine years ago.
True Stories: Jerry Rice played 19 years in the NFL and Larry Fitzgerald will be playing his 16th season this year.

True Story: Last time DT had an elite QB he was a top 3 fantasy WR.

That said coming back from an achilles is a tall order but if he's healthy he could do big things with Brady. It's certainly in the realm of possibility.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:58 am with Gronk gone there will be PLENTY of red zone targets for DT
Many of which DT would drop. Assuming he even gets on the field before December.
PurpleHaze wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm True Story: Last time DT had an elite QB he was a top 3 fantasy WR
Practically anyone does that with 177 targets. '15 is actually when DT's on field decline began. Beginning that season, despite DT's target share, when Denver needed someone to make a clutch reception, it was usually Sanders. By '15 DT couldn't seem to seperate vertically anymore.

I was a life long Peyton Manning fan (I grew up in Knoxville, go Vols), so I watched all his teams. DT's performance decline began before the Manning period was over. He was an undeserving target hog a few seasons before Denver finally acknowledged it and dialed those targets back.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PurpleHaze » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:11 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:01 pm
PurpleHaze wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:53 pm True Story: Last time DT had an elite QB he was a top 3 fantasy WR
Practically anyone does that with 177 targets. '15 is actually when DT's on field decline began. Beginning that season, despite DT's target share, when Denver needed someone to make a clutch reception, it was usually Sanders. By '15 DT couldn't seem to seperate vertically anymore.

I was a life long Peyton Manning fan (I grew up in Knoxville, go Vols), so I watched all his teams. DT's performance decline began before the Manning period was over. He was an undeserving target hog a few seasons before Denver finally acknowledged it and dialed those targets back.
Peyton Manning was declining more than DT. He couldn't make the big throws anymore which is why Sanders got more targets underneath.