Will Josh Doctson ever turn it around...?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Will Josh Doctson ever turn it around...?

Postby mild » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Reports today about how the Washington Professional Football Team are highly likely to go get Josh Rosen - which makes a lot of sense in it's own bubble, given their poor draft position, bad rookie QB crop, and horrendous cap situation... personally, I hope it happens just for the sake of my Guice share...

Say he does make it there, though... is there any hope that could get Doctson off of life support? He's currently on the waiver wire in my 10 team league, I'm almost half keen to speculatively add...
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Will Josh Doctson ever turn it around...?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Rosen would be a downgrade to whoever they're starting

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:01 pm

mild wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:40 pm Reports today about how the Washington Professional Football Team are highly likely to go get Josh Rosen - which makes a lot of sense in it's own bubble, given their poor draft position, bad rookie QB crop, and horrendous cap situation... personally, I hope it happens just for the sake of my Guice share...

Say he does make it there, though... is there any hope that could get Doctson off of life support? He's currently on the waiver wire in my 10 team league, I'm almost half keen to speculatively add...
REDSKINS.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:07 pm

I doubt he turns it around.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:35 pm

Just traded Doctson, Perriman, Dixon for Funchess. So that's going to be a no for me.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:45 pm

saw061600 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:35 pm Just traded Doctson, Perriman, Dixon for Funchess. So that's going to be a no for me.
Woof, did the person you traded with think it's 2016? LOL

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:11 pm

Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:21 pm

Servo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:45 pm
saw061600 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:35 pm Just traded Doctson, Perriman, Dixon for Funchess. So that's going to be a no for me.
Woof, did the person you traded with think it's 2016? LOL
Not sure but I was happy to unload some bad draft picks of years past for a chance that Luck makes Funchess a solid WR.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:55 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:01 pm
mild wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:40 pm Reports today about how the Washington Professional Football Team...
REDSKINS.
I prefer the subtle irony AND the modern aesthetics of my version in the year-of-our-lord 2019, but you can go back to enjoying whatever retrograde part of the 1950's you were spawned from, that's cool too.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:57 pm Rosen would be a downgrade to whoever they're starting
Wow. You really think it's a "no-chance" he can beat out Keenum? It was just this time last year, we were all calling him the most "pro offense ready" of the 5 QB's, and he was doing throwing practices with A-A-Rod... wha-happened?!

Are we so sure that last year was ALL his fault? Who was he supposed to be throwing it to? That offensive scheme, play-calling and coaching was, what... bottom 10 in the league? It was enough to get the rarely-seen "one-and-done" firing called on Wilks...
MattDeezy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:11 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hogsha ... round-bust

Unlikely.
Thankyou. Yes, this is more what I was expecting to see. Damn... that is one grim, grimmmmmmm picture...
Last edited by mild on Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Every year things happen that we do not expect - so the answer is greater than 0%, but it will definitely depend on how many targets Doctson can get. Over the 5 years that Gruden has been HC the Redskins have averaged about 550 Pass Attempts. With a QB like Keenum at the helm I am going to project somewhere between 500-540 (he has a career average of 32 attempts per game).

Every single WR over the past 3 years that got 1000+ yards (the simplified determination of what makes a successful WR season) got at least 100+ targets in order to do so. So basically if you feel Doctson can earn between 17-20% of the Redskin passing attempts then there is a decent chance he can. Doctsons % of targets in 2017 & 2018 was 14.4 & 15.4% respectively.

However if they do not add another significant presence, either in FA or NFL Draft, then I'd say it is possible he can demand 100+ targets just as is. Why? It would be similar to 2016 when DJax and Garcon each drew 100-110 targets, but instead of DJax and Garcon it would be Doctson and P. Richardson.

So assuming healthy & no addictional additions - maybe. If someone else does get added then he'll need more luck &/or do something to show the Redskins he is deserving of being a starter over whomever is added.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:12 pm

mild wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:55 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:57 pm Rosen would be a downgrade to whoever they're starting
Wow. You really think it's a "no-chance" he can beat out Keenum? It was just this time last year, we were all calling him the most "pro offense ready" of the 5 QB's, and he was doing throwing practices with A-A-Rod... wha-happened?!

Are we so sure that last year was ALL his fault? Who was he supposed to be throwing it to? That offensive scheme, play-calling and coaching was, what... bottom 10 in the league? It was enough to get the rarely-seen "one-and-done" firing called on Wilks...
I watched him a little bit last year and he always looked lost. His numbers stink. His team is apparently giving up on him after only 1 year. I get there's still a chance that he still might be good, but i am completely lost as to why anybody would think that it's likely.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:25 pm

I think Rosen is probably still the 2nd best or perhaps 3rd best QB from the 2018 class. His situation last year in Arizona was absolutely terrible. They should not have started him! Think he was the most hit and most pressured QB last year, playing behind a bad O-line and a terrible coaching staff. A move to Washington would be great for him, great for Washington, who has a good supporting cast, and clears the way for the new Arizona coaching staff to get a guy who is tailored for their system. A win win win for all involved.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:03 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:25 pm I think Rosen is probably still the 2nd best or perhaps 3rd best QB from the 2018 class. His situation last year in Arizona was absolutely terrible. They should not have started him! Think he was the most hit and most pressured QB last year, playing behind a bad O-line and a terrible coaching staff. A move to Washington would be great for him, great for Washington, who has a good supporting cast, and clears the way for the new Arizona coaching staff to get a guy who is tailored for their system. A win win win for all involved.
I honestly think it could be a big time loss for Arizona. IF they sell Rosen for 75 cents on the dollar, (let's not forget they traded a 3rd to move up in the first last year to get Rosen), and then draft Murray, a guy who had a great year but lacks experience, and has serious questions about his size and character. Add a rookie NFL coach trying to implement a college style system, with cell phone breaks LOL, and bad OL, a lack of talent at WR and TE, and I think Arizona could bury Murray and their franchise for years, if they draft him first overall and start him this year.

How much better is the situation for Murray walking in? Same roster, new coach, with zero experience, and sure, Murray may be a fit for his system, but I think the situation for Murray to walk into is still terrible, overall. Murray would be much better off with an experienced NFL coach. Not necessarily an experienced NFL Head Coach, but at least a guy who's been around the NFL game. I think Murray going to Arizona has a really high potential to be a bad mix of inexperience with HC and QB.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:47 am

If I owned Doctson, I would have traded him already. Get out while he has any value left.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Jason72
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Jason72 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:23 am

Doctson is tall and has solid speed. I stood a few feet away from him at training camp a couple years ago and his frame is very thin, in person he looks more like a basketball player. I was hoping that he would bulk up over time, but it doesn't appear that will happen.

I have watched every play of his career and the only thing that can be said confidently that he is good at is the jump ball. He doesn't run routes that well, and he lacks the killer instinct that the great WRs have. Too often in the heat of battle he drops the critical third and short pass which leads to him not getting the ball very much because of a lack of trust.

I drafted Doctson in both my Dynasty leagues and have traded him away in both. I will be surprised if he is still a starting WR for the REDSKINS by week 8.