O.K. So who IS your 1.01?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

In a 1 QB PPR league you have the 1.01 and you're on the clock. Who do you take?

Hakeem Butler
5%
N'Keal Harry
41%
DK Metcalf
20%
Josh Jacobs
12%
AJ Brown
8%
Kelvin Harmon
No votes
Darrell Henderson
No votes
Marquise Brown
1%
Miles Sanders
10%
David Montgomery
1%
Other
1%

Total votes: 166

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: O.K. So who IS your 1.01?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 am

For all those who don't like DK because he's not a good route runner, I hope you didn't vote for Harry. I think AJ Brown may have the highest floor of any of these guys, I'm really undecided right now. I'm so glad my only 1.01 is in a SuperFlex. :lol: As much as I like Miles Sanders vs the other backs in this class, if he's the 1.01, this class truly does stink. He's a good back, but it's a terrible class if he's the best there is at any position. Really hoping some of the WR's make something of themselves.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:05 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 am For all those who don't like DK because he's not a good route runner, I hope you didn't vote for Harry. I think AJ Brown may have the highest floor of any of these guys, I'm really undecided right now.
Agree on Harry. I think he will go in the 3-4 range of most drafts.

If not AJ Brown then it has to be Harmon with this highest floor. Both of these players are really good and will make solid NFL WR's. I hold 1.5 and 1.6 in a draft I also own 1.1 and 1.2. I would be happy with either or both of these players. I like both better than any WR last year. Both look like low risk mid to high volume fantasy plays.

Targets today are DK, Jacobs, M. Brown and AJ Brown with Harmon as a fail safe pick. I like upside early but never mind safe in the mid first round.

I could see AJ Brown going 1.1 in multiple fantasy drafts this year due to his high floor.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:37 am

Sanders. RBs tend to increase their value faster than WRs so I'd try to flip Sanders for a WR+. If I really wanted a WR though, I'd get Harry.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 am For all those who don't like DK because he's not a good route runner, I hope you didn't vote for Harry. I think AJ Brown may have the highest floor of any of these guys, I'm really undecided right now. I'm so glad my only 1.01 is in a SuperFlex. :lol: As much as I like Miles Sanders vs the other backs in this class, if he's the 1.01, this class truly does stink. He's a good back, but it's a terrible class if he's the best there is at any position. Really hoping some of the WR's make something of themselves.
N'Keal Harry has size/athleticism, production, and a 95%-tile breakout age. He is hands down worthy of the #1 pick in my opinion.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:12 am

I truly think your 1.01 will be risk / team format dependant. If you have plenty of depth and need / want a guy with the most upside DK Metcalf is your guy. If you want / need RB upside then Jacobs is your guy. If you want a safer WR prospect and have limited depth there then a Harry or Harmon is your guy. Etcetera etc.

I voted DK Metcalf because (a) I still feel that his upside remains the highest and (b) if I was in but 1 dynasty league then he is another one of those prospects that may cause a lot of discussion now but could look back upon 3-4 years ago and say how did we miss on him and if I only have 1 shot then I dont want to say I went to the plate and refused to swing.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

cougarplayer20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cougarplayer20 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:28 am

Harry to me is the hands down 1.01 followed by Metcalf due to his upside. I have picks 1 & 2 and will be taking both at this moment.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:46 am

AJB.

Smart football player, strong college production, good athlete who's well-built, A1 character, and has a nasty dog demeanor to him on the field.
#FreeCoreyDavis

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:47 am
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:10 am If a RB is drafted on day 1 or 2 by the Chiefs, that's your 1.01 right there.
I get the logic, but that sounds extremely risky.

Marquise Brown remains the best WR I've seen, though the LisFranc throws a wrench into the equation. It really depends on how NFL evaluators view that injury. If not him, probably AJ Brown.
I view this draft as a sack of potatoes; just pick one. I dont think there is a true alpha in the group. In fact I really think a lot of these guys may end being better NFL players than fantasy studs. So landing spot is what would distinguish for me the ceiling for these guys. Especially in the short term.

I dont see very much difference from pick 1 to pick 7 or 8 other than landing spot.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:34 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:47 am
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:10 am If a RB is drafted on day 1 or 2 by the Chiefs, that's your 1.01 right there.
I get the logic, but that sounds extremely risky.

Marquise Brown remains the best WR I've seen, though the LisFranc throws a wrench into the equation. It really depends on how NFL evaluators view that injury. If not him, probably AJ Brown.
I view this draft as a sack of potatoes; just pick one. I dont think there is a true alpha in the group. In fact I really think a lot of these guys may end being better NFL players than fantasy studs. So landing spot is what would distinguish for me the ceiling for these guys. Especially in the short term.

I dont see very much difference from pick 1 to pick 7 or 8 other than landing spot.
I agree. It's the ultimate situation dependent draft.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:24 am

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:40 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 am For all those who don't like DK because he's not a good route runner, I hope you didn't vote for Harry. I think AJ Brown may have the highest floor of any of these guys, I'm really undecided right now. I'm so glad my only 1.01 is in a SuperFlex. :lol: As much as I like Miles Sanders vs the other backs in this class, if he's the 1.01, this class truly does stink. He's a good back, but it's a terrible class if he's the best there is at any position. Really hoping some of the WR's make something of themselves.
N'Keal Harry has size/athleticism, production, and a 95%-tile breakout age. He is hands down worthy of the #1 pick in my opinion.

Harry looks the part of a poor man's Dez Bryant, to me. He has strikingly similar athleticsm testing, size, and play style, but did not produce the way Dez did in college. He also fails to separate, or run routes particularily well, just like Dez.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:24 am

Harry looks the part of a poor man's Dez Bryant, to me. He has strikingly similar athleticsm testing, size, and play style, but did not produce the way Dez did in college. He also fails to separate, or run routes particularily well, just like Dez.
Dez gave us 5 pretty good years, 3 of which were outstanding, so that would be a huge win if he's anything close to Dez. Of course Dez got to play with the best QB of our era so Harry won't be as blessed.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:53 am

this was posted today and the answer is overwhelmingly Harry????

what am i missing? i swear i study this bleep to death and havent seen him mentioned ANYWHERE as the top guy

AJ Brown is mine as of today but hes just my most well rounded of the top 5 wrs. people saying Sanders are hilarious, he wont go top 3 rounds of nfl draft i dont think
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:43 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:24 am

Dez gave us 5 pretty good years, 3 of which were outstanding, so that would be a huge win if he's anything close to Dez. Of course Dez got to play with the best QB of our era so Harry won't be as blessed.
I think so too. I like Harry a lot as that type, if he gets an accurate QB who can place the ball properly, and "throw him open" he could be really good. I think Harry will struggle to separate at the NFL level, as he struggled to do that in the Pac, so he's projecting more as a contested catch type of player, to me. With his vert, size and strength, I think he could be very good in the red zone.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:09 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:53 am this was posted today and the answer is overwhelmingly Harry????

what am i missing? i swear i study this bleep to death and havent seen him mentioned ANYWHERE as the top guy

AJ Brown is mine as of today but hes just my most well rounded of the top 5 wrs. people saying Sanders are hilarious, he wont go top 3 rounds of nfl draft i dont think
Nobody is even talking about him as one of the top 2 or 3 backs in the mainstream media. I like him, he might end up being the best back in this class when all is said and done, but the 1.01? Nope. You should be moving back if you have Sanders as the 1.01, or you are overdrafting him, at least as of right now.
Janiel Dones Truther

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:33 pm

However the scenario posed is who is your 1.01 AND you CANNOT trade back.

In other words you're "stuck" with your 1.01. If you don't make a pick the 1.02 guy becomes 1.01 and you become immortalized in your league as the guy who let 1.01 lapse.

So if your plan is to move back from 1.01 and then take a guy you like at 1.04-1.05 you have to take him at 1.01. Who is it?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..