The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tyreek investigation

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:18 am

Hottoddies wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:05 am
M-Dub wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 pm I’m not saying I understand in the sense that it’s something I’d do. Like I said, it wasn’t justified and I certainly don’t condone it. I’m just saying it makes a lot more logical sense to me than what Tyreek did and has been accused of doing. I would even go so far as to say that if you decide to shove and slap a young black man and call him the n-word, you actually DESERVE to get punched. Yes, Mixon is twice her size and, once again, he was in no way justified in hitting her. But you can’t fix stupid. Mark Henry is nearly twice my size. If I was stupid enough to shove and slap him and call him that word, I deserve to be punched too, even if Mark Henry isn’t necessarily justified in knocking me the F out.

Anyway, the point Titans was making is that the Mixon incident is more of an isolated, random occurrence. Unless you expect him to be verbally and physically accosted by a lot of drunken, belligerent, racist white chicks as he goes about his everyday life, the likelihood of something like that happening again seems a lot slimmer than someone with a history of domestic abuse breaking his son’s arm.
Actually, there's a bit more to the story. Words were exchanged outside of the restaurant from across the street at each other. The woman enters the restaurant then Mixon follows her in to confront her.

Whatever the circumstance, Mixon lost control and crossed the line. Now I don't know if Mixon still has anger control issues. I can only hope that he has learned to keep his emotions in check as he has matured into a grown man. But if not... tic tic tic.... KA BOOM!
If that's the case, it that changes things slightly, but not the end result. However, if words of the N word were uttered in that exchange, and had I been young black man at the time, with a few drinks in me, I can't say I would not have confronted that person. What I am saying is that I have no idea what it's like being a young black man confronting racism, but I also know many others have confronted it without assaulting people.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:22 am

The start of the video she literally waved him over to the table she and another individual were at. Mixon is about to walk away when she provoked the situation further. What he did was nothing close to what Hill did to his GF nor what hes being investigated for.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:22 am The start of the video she literally waved him over to the table she and another individual were at. Mixon is about to walk away when she provoked the situation further. What he did was nothing close to what Hill did to his GF nor what hes being investigated for.
Agreed, but he always has the choice to walk away.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:11 am

These incidents always seem to bring out a natural jealousy from "average joe" types. I don't know how many times I've read (paraphrasing), "he shouldn't be allowed to make millions anymore".

He's an entertainer. Entertainers possess a unique skill set and are paid accordingly.
They aren't paid based on moral atrributes. There are awful human beings littered across all sorts of entertainment landscapes, yet people continue to pay to see them in concert, attend their movies, watch them catch a ball, etc.

A year from now if Hill catches the game winning touchdown for their team in the Superbowl, most of these same fans will still cheer. Every time Floyd Mayweather fights, his history with women is brought up. He makes more in a single fight than NFL players do in a career, because people still tune in.

The execs know this and that's why they do just enough to pacify the current outrage, so they can get back to business as usual.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:26 am

Anger management issues are a form of mental illness. Some fight against their natural reaction to strike out physically and want to get better , some take pride in being an intimidator and have no remorse for their actions. Too many lump them all together as the same person. I have no idea what either Mixon or Hill are truly like in private but both have shown a willingness to learn from their mistakes and educate themselves as well as others that violence against women or others isn't the proper way to handle their business.

Who knows what causes their rage to overcome them in a particular moment. Most likely they understand what they have to lose by committing these acts yet in the moment their brain shuts down logic & reason. It's a constant struggle to keep the demons at bay. To label them as "animals" and "garbage" that we should just throw in the trash makes us feel superior . They are just people that need help if they are trying to do better and make amends. Of course they should face consequences for their actions but we don't know the circumstances surrounding Tyreek's latest incident. Does he consistently treat his child horribly or did he just grab him too forcibly in an instantaneous reaction ? My dad snatched me up when I acted up as a child and would sit my butt down on the couch. Easily could've got me in an awkward position that might have caused me some pain but that doesn't mean he intended to. We don't know if that's the case here... Hell, don't even know if he did anything!

Hopefully none of you that are so willing to pass judgement off hearsay I hope no one in your family has mental issues. Their brains don't always operate like what we consider normal like ours. They can be wonderful and even more compassionate than ours 99% of the time. But when anger or depression sets in they will do acts that we can't wrap our heads around but to them seem as a solution to their problems. I know from personal experience as my son was beloved by many friends & family but suffered depression that would come in moments . He had kids too that he loved dearly but in another moment of depression felt they would be better off without him... so he took his life. Many times that same thought would come to him and he was able to overcome it and he sought out help. I'm sure he wishes he could've made it just go away but mental illness doesn't work like that. We talked often, daily and he knew that any day , anytime all he had to do was call when those urges hit him. He'd tell me that he knows he's loved and wanted me to know that it wasn't my or anyone else's fault but his brain just doesn't work like that. I'm guessing that Tyreek has a mental illness similar to that but instead of holding it internally he acts out in a physical way. His life is lived in a fish bowl so we are talking about him as if we know his character when we really don't. My son had tremendous compassion & character as attested to by many friends & family yet the most common comment from those at his services were that they had no clue he was anything but the happy go lucky always worrying about how they were doing kinda guy.

Sorry about the personalized long winded story but my point is often we don't know what those close to us have going on in their life much less a professional athlete. But somehow they can be treated as less than a human being because they have mental issues. Until we have definitive details I choose to believe that Hill wants to be better. If it turns out he is a sociopath like another Aaron Hernandez then by all means he shouldn't be walking round getting the benefits of a professional athlete. Also I get the fact Tyreek doesn't get the benefit of a doubt because of his past. Could be that this is the source of his kid's broken arm being reported to the police. That's human nature , some call it profiling but I'd call it good police work when we have definitive evidence of past physical abuse. Check it out to be sure the child isn't in imminent danger. Sucks for Tyreek if not true but he can't blame anyone but himself for people being suspicious and one would hope he understands that. Haven't heard of any response from him at all yet but I'm waiting for actual details that he is indeed at fault before burying him.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:26 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:52 pm
Vcize wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:43 pm So just for some added insight on twitter, none of which is good for Tyreek.

1) The guy who originally broke the story is claiming that Tyreek himself is under direct police investigation. It's not just an investigation of an incident in general that Tyreek may or may not have been involved in. The investigation is targeting Tyreek directly.

2) The godparents of Tyreek's son seem to be implying that people within the family have told them Tyreek likely broke the kid's arm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mrs_JRobinso ... page%3D121
Wow. If this is legit, the guy should be out of the league. I mean, the Chiefs should cut him, and nobody should touch him, regardless of the length of suspension. He's had his chance.
I never understood this...what kind of crappy person goes and tweets about a famous person's private and personal situation just because they know a person who knows a person who is involved? Seems like an attention whore to me and I'd rather wait for properly vetted and trusted news sources for info.

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:35 am

Titans95 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:26 am
Vcize wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:43 pm So just for some added insight on twitter, none of which is good for Tyreek.

1) The guy who originally broke the story is claiming that Tyreek himself is under direct police investigation. It's not just an investigation of an incident in general that Tyreek may or may not have been involved in. The investigation is targeting Tyreek directly.

2) The godparents of Tyreek's son seem to be implying that people within the family have told them Tyreek likely broke the kid's arm.

Wow. If this is legit, the guy should be out of the league. I mean, the Chiefs should cut him, and nobody should touch him, regardless of the length of suspension. He's had his chance.
I never understood this...what kind of crappy person goes and tweets about a famous person's private and personal situation just because they know a person who knows a person who is involved? Seems like an attention whore to me and I'd rather wait for properly vetted and trusted news sources for info.
She’s saying she’s doing this to ensure the child’s safety as well as the safety of Hills girlfriend. Also made reference to Hill still smacking her around as well. No idea whether the info she got is accurate as it’s obviously from the girlfriend herself.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 am

Titans95 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:26 am

Agree. It’s great to be concerned about the child, which is why she claims she is posting...but if you are really that close to the child...maybe make a phone call, send a personal message, email, heck FaceTime with the kid himself if you’re worried about the poor guy. Going to twitter? To me it seems like a “look at me I have these connections.” If I were her husband...I’d take her phone away.

Edit: then again...would anything come of this if she didn’t call out the situation to the public? What if this one also goes down as a dismissed case due to no cooperation? Maybe she saw the horrible, repeated situation the kid was in and decided that going to twitter and forcing the media attention on Hill’s behavior was the most rapid way to change the child’s situation.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 am
Bot101 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:22 am The start of the video she literally waved him over to the table she and another individual were at. Mixon is about to walk away when she provoked the situation further. What he did was nothing close to what Hill did to his GF nor what hes being investigated for.
Agreed, but he always has the choice to walk away.
I agree 100%

Mcknic
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mcknic » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:41 am

This gotta bump Sammy Watkins’ value up a round.
Team #1 Full PPR, 1QB, TE premier league
QB: Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Miles Sanders, Travis Eitenne, Damien Harris, Kenneth Gainwell
WR: DK Metcalf, Amari Cooper, Jerry Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Curtis Samuel, Terrace Marshall
TE: Henry Hunter, Logan Thomas, Harrison Byrant

Team #2 - Full PPR, 1QB, TE premier league
QB: Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones
RB: Rhamondre Stevenson, Cam Akers, D.K. Dobbins, Kareem Hunt, Darrell Henderson, Gus Edwards
WR: Chris Olave, D.J. Moore, Rashod Bateman, Darnell Mooney, Odell Beckham, Calvin Austin
TE: Mike Gesicki, Robert Tonyan, Harrison Bryant
LB: Fred Warner, Kenneth Murray, Miles Jack, Khalil Mack
DL: Brian Burns, Sam Hubbard, Jason Pierre Paul
DB: Richie Grant, Kareem Jackson, Karl Joseph, Chuck Clark, Adrian Amos

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:46 am

Mcknic wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:41 am This gotta bump Sammy Watkins’ value up a round.
Or gives you a golden goose of a sell window.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:14 am

Mcknic wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:41 am This gotta bump Sammy Watkins’ value up a round.
I feel like this has been said about Sammy Watkins numerous times over his short career, but we are all still waiting....

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 am

Looks like Tyreek Hill is going to be a father again (fiance pregnant with twins).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:14 am

Ugh. I don’t own Hill anywhere but this situation is bigger than fantasy football. The most difficult thing to do in the world imo, is to be a consistent possitive and supportive, loving, influence while raising children. My three kids are now 14,15, and 17. We’ve had ups n downs but this abuse stuff is something different. It’s real easy to make kids, it’s real tough to raise them well in today’s world. My heart goes out to The child / victim, and the mother of the child. I hope Hill gets the help he needs, for his children’s sake more so than for his future in the league sake.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Friction wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:04 am
Jason3123 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:44 am Was Hill aware that she was pregnant? Was she aware that she was pregnant? 8 weeks is pretty early.
They was the media talks about it, you sure would think so, but... Anyways, 8 weeks I would think he would as she would most likely have been "late" twice and most women would check that sort of thing. Usually. Been in the spot where a woman is late after the first time myself, lots, and trust me women are not shy to bring that up at the first sign.
Does it matter? Sure, it makes it MORE heinous, but beating and choking a woman pregnant or not. Not 2 punch. He went at this woman again and again...

Now possibly his kid?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.