My top-10 WRs in the 2019 class (pre-combine)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: My top-10 WRs in the 2019 class (pre-combine)

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:46 pm

IBall2 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:38 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:32 pm
IBall2 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:15 pm Seems like a late 2nd round rookie pick now. Wasn't a fan of how small he was to start with, now we wont have any measurables to compare him with.
I'd still take him Round 1. This draft isn't remotely deep enough for a talent like him to go in the 2nd.
Just curious who you'd take him over. Before this injury, most people would have still taken Harry/Metcalf/Harmon/AJ Brown/Butler before him. I used to have him in a tier with Campbell/Arcega-Whiteside/Samuel/Isabella. But I might drop him to the end of this tier or top of next tier. That's already 9 WRs I'd take before Marquise Brown, not including RB/TEs which would probably be another 5-6 players.
Pre injury, I had Brown as WR1. Post injury, I'd put only Metcalf and maybe Harry above him. There's absolutely risk, as the LisFranc is known to have noticeable effects but I just don't see many players in this class who negate it for me.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:57 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:46 pm

I'd still take him Round 1. This draft isn't remotely deep enough for a talent like him to go in the 2nd.
Just curious who you'd take him over. Before this injury, most people would have still taken Harry/Metcalf/Harmon/AJ Brown/Butler before him. I used to have him in a tier with Campbell/Arcega-Whiteside/Samuel/Isabella. But I might drop him to the end of this tier or top of next tier. That's already 9 WRs I'd take before Marquise Brown, not including RB/TEs which would probably be another 5-6 players.
Pre injury, I had Brown as WR1. Post injury, I'd put only Metcalf and maybe Harry above him. There's absolutely risk, as the LisFranc is known to have noticeable effects but I just don't see many players in this class who negate it for me.
Cripes! I didn’t realize how light he truly was. If he is really around 160 pounds he better run a 4.1 and have hands so big it throws him off balance. Such low BMI bodes very poorly for him.

Portsmouth Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Portsmouth Spartans » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:05 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:40 pm I understand N’keal Harry is an athletic freak, but he is not a good route runner. Against Washington they pressed him hard and he struggled mightily. They were physical with him as well and he could not get into his routes. For someone who is about to put up 21 reps at the combjne on bench, thats very worrying to me. All I gotta say is be wary of the Harry

Dez had some dud games. I think that's his best case outlook. He's basically the same type of player. He's about the same size, and athletically it looks like he's very comparable. I think it will be important that Harry goes somewhere with an accurate QB, who can throw him open, like Romo used to do with Dez. Harry doesn't gain a ton of separation, so it's important his QB puts the ball in the spots that give him the advantage over the DB due to his size/athleticism. Somewhere like Cleveland would be great, somewhere like Baltimore would be horrible.
Not sure Dez is that great a comp either. Dez himself was a Biletnikoff award winner and finished his last year in college with a 62.5% College Dominator Rating which is UNHEARD of. Maybe just in play style. All I know is I don’t buy WRs that can’t separate decently in college.
Who are the best “separators” in this class?
10 team standard, keeper with 5-year option contracts (remaining years in parentheses, $5 per additional year when extended), $200 salary cap. Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE
2015, 2017 Champs

QB: Jackson ($8 3yr+extension)
RB: Mixon ($5 1yr+extension), Chubb ($5 2yr+extension), Sanders ($5 3yr+ extension), Michel ($5 1yr+extension), Guice ($5 2yr+extension)
WR: Godwin ($1 2yr+extension), AJ Brown ($3 3yr+extension), Chark ($8 3yr+extension), M. Brown ($3 3y +extension), Isabella ($3 3yr+ extension)
TE: Kittle ($3, 2yr+extension), Henry ($1 2yr+extension), Goedert ($1 3yr+extension)

2020: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 2.04, 2.10
2021: 1 1st
2022: 2 1st
2023: 1 1st

Portsmouth Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Portsmouth Spartans » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:05 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:40 pm I understand N’keal Harry is an athletic freak, but he is not a good route runner. Against Washington they pressed him hard and he struggled mightily. They were physical with him as well and he could not get into his routes. For someone who is about to put up 21 reps at the combjne on bench, thats very worrying to me. All I gotta say is be wary of the Harry

Dez had some dud games. I think that's his best case outlook. He's basically the same type of player. He's about the same size, and athletically it looks like he's very comparable. I think it will be important that Harry goes somewhere with an accurate QB, who can throw him open, like Romo used to do with Dez. Harry doesn't gain a ton of separation, so it's important his QB puts the ball in the spots that give him the advantage over the DB due to his size/athleticism. Somewhere like Cleveland would be great, somewhere like Baltimore would be horrible.
Not sure Dez is that great a comp either. Dez himself was a Biletnikoff award winner and finished his last year in college with a 62.5% College Dominator Rating which is UNHEARD of. Maybe just in play style. All I know is I don’t buy WRs that can’t separate decently in college.
10 team standard, keeper with 5-year option contracts (remaining years in parentheses, $5 per additional year when extended), $200 salary cap. Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE
2015, 2017 Champs

QB: Jackson ($8 3yr+extension)
RB: Mixon ($5 1yr+extension), Chubb ($5 2yr+extension), Sanders ($5 3yr+ extension), Michel ($5 1yr+extension), Guice ($5 2yr+extension)
WR: Godwin ($1 2yr+extension), AJ Brown ($3 3yr+extension), Chark ($8 3yr+extension), M. Brown ($3 3y +extension), Isabella ($3 3yr+ extension)
TE: Kittle ($3, 2yr+extension), Henry ($1 2yr+extension), Goedert ($1 3yr+extension)

2020: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 2.04, 2.10
2021: 1 1st
2022: 2 1st
2023: 1 1st

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Devastating blow to Marquise Brown . No doubt he falls to round 2 in the NFL draft .

As for Harry he consistently reminds me of a young Alshon
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:42 pm

IBall2 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:15 pm Seems like a late 2nd round rookie pick now. Wasn't a fan of how small he was to start with, now we wont have any measurables to compare him with.
He has tons of tape. Marquise Brown looks like a cross between Brandon Cooks and a lighter version of Tyreek Hill on film. Brown plays outside a ton. Probably close to 70% of the time. It is pipe dream thinking he will be a late 2nd round pick IMO.

I think he is a lock 1st round fantasy pick and could go in the 1st round of the draft. Can't see him slipping too late in the 2nd. His injury isn't that big of deal. I am sure teams will do their due diligence on surgery follow up but the tape doesn't lie. He has a lot of polish and can play outside and inside at the NFL level.

I Hold the 2.1 in a draft and would love to see him fall that far but I don't see it.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:02 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:42 pm
He has tons of tape. Marquise Brown looks like a cross between Brandon Cooks and a lighter version of Tyreek Hill on film. Brown plays outside a ton. Probably close to 70% of the time. It is pipe dream thinking he will be a late 2nd round pick IMO.

I think he is a lock 1st round fantasy pick and could go in the 1st round of the draft. Can't see him slipping too late in the 2nd. His injury isn't that big of deal. I am sure teams will do their due diligence on surgery follow up but the tape doesn't lie. He has a lot of polish and can play outside and inside at the NFL level.

I Hold the 2.1 in a draft and would love to see him fall that far but I don't see it.
Per Mizelle's rankings which are pulled from MLF mock drafts, he was going #14 overall in this class before the news of his injury.

Also, it's foolish to think his injury isn't a big deal. There are numerous examples of NFL WRs with the lisfranc injury that had to have 1-2 cleanup surgeries after the original surgery and most of them took over a year to get back to full production from a fantasy football perspective.

Plus he'll be entering his rookie season with less practice reps and less conditioning than his teammates. Increased risk of a new injury, I could go on and on. A great example could be Corey Davis, his injury was far less severe entering the draft and he still didn't look great his rookie season. You could blame it on lack of practice or conditioning or something else, but he was in a similar situation as Brown is right now and it hasn't worked out for him very well.

I would much rather pass on him in this draft class and buy him at a discount next offseason.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:05 pm

IBall2 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:02 pm

Per Mizelle's rankings which are pulled from MLF mock drafts, he was going #14 overall in this class before the news of his injury.

Also, it's foolish to think his injury isn't a big deal. There are numerous examples of NFL WRs with the lisfranc injury that had to have 1-2 cleanup surgeries after the original surgery and most of them took over a year to get back to full production from a fantasy football perspective.

Plus he'll be entering his rookie season with less practice reps and less conditioning than his teammates. Increased risk of a new injury, I could go on and on. A great example could be Corey Davis, his injury was far less severe entering the draft and he still didn't look great his rookie season. You could blame it on lack of practice or conditioning or something else, but he was in a similar situation as Brown is right now and it hasn't worked out for him very well.

I would much rather pass on him in this draft class and buy him at a discount next offseason.
LisFranc injuries suck. What sucks just as much is he is almost 6 foot at 162. I’ll be dropping him far enough that I likely wont get him in any leagues.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:28 pm

I get many think this very common injury is scary but the real odds are he will be ready for training camp. With this injury Surgery can actually speed the healing process.

Believe as you will but it is not a real big deal as far as surgery goes. If his medical checks out his NFL draft position shouldn't be impacted much if any at all.

I hope everyone in my leagues think as you. He is an extremely talented player. Might be the 2nd best talent at WR in this draft both NFL wise and fantasy wise. While small in size, His route running, quickness, and speed are all elite.

Think he would be a steal at the back end of round 1 in the NFL draft. The league seems to be putting more emphasis on routes, quickness and speed over height these days and he excelled with two great college QB's. One of the hardest WR's to cover in college and that should translate to the pro game.

What would be Ironic is if the Steelers drafted him if they move his cousin.
:D

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:28 pm

I get many think this very common injury is scary but the real odds are he will be ready for training camp. With this injury Surgery can actually speed the healing process.

Believe as you will but it is not a real big deal as far as surgery goes. If his medical checks out his NFL draft position shouldn't be impacted much if any at all.

I hope everyone in my leagues think as you. He is an extremely talented player. Might be the 2nd best talent at WR in this draft both NFL wise and fantasy wise. While small in size, His route running, quickness, and speed are all elite.

Think he would be a steal at the back end of round 1 in the NFL draft. The league seems to be putting more emphasis on routes, quickness and speed over height these days and he excelled with two great college QB's. One of the hardest WR's to cover in college and that should translate to the pro game.

His cousin is one of the few sub 190 wrs to ever produce at a wr1 level and I think he was like 185. That 160 is a huuuuuge problem. Unless he is a technician of the highest level with the highest of release abilities, he will be jammed and bumped off his routes all day in the nfl. I have seen some highlights but I haven’t watched the tape on him yet but I can’t imagine I’m going to get past that BMI.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:13 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Marquise Brown
Deebo Samuel
Riley Ridley
Penny Hart
Antoine Wesley
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:37 pm

Huh wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:03 pm

His cousin is one of the few sub 190 wrs to ever produce at a wr1 level and I think he was like 185. That 160 is a huuuuuge problem. Unless he is a technician of the highest level with the highest of release abilities, he will be jammed and bumped off his routes all day in the nfl. I have seen some highlights but I haven’t watched the tape on him yet but I can’t imagine I’m going to get past that BMI.
Not really true
S. Holmes
T. Hill
B. Cooks
D. Jackson

The good news is players when they get to the NFL actually add weight when they hit the gym with advanced conditioning. My guess is he will end up at 5'10 180 by year two. He is listed at 5'10 168 to 170 today by a few scouting services.

Teams today move players with his skill set all over. Watch his tape then compare tape of Cooks and Hill at the NFL level. When you watch his tape you will see a very effective player outside and in the slot. His actual quickness rivals T. Hill.

His destination will matter but as teams incorporate more college type looks in the passing game the emphasis is on quickness and speed. He has those skills you just can't teach. Doesn't hurt A. Brown is his cousin which I am sure teaches him a few tricks of the trade.

He is way better than many think IMO.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:37 pm

Not really true
S. Holmes
T. Hill
B. Cooks
D. Jackson

The good news is players when they get to the NFL actually add weight when they hit the gym with advanced conditioning. My guess is he will end up at 5'10 180 by year two. He is listed at 5'10 168 to 170 today by a few scouting services.

Teams today move players with his skill set all over. Watch his tape then compare tape of Cooks and Hill at the NFL level. When you watch his tape you will see a very effective player outside and in the slot. His actual quickness rivals T. Hill.

His destination will matter but as teams incorporate more college type looks in the passing game the emphasis is on quickness and speed. He has those skills you just can't teach. Doesn't hurt A. Brown is his cousin which I am sure teaches him a few tricks of the trade.

Jackson came in at 175 but the other guys were all over 180. He’s still 15 to 20 pounds short of those guys. If he is a burner of Jackson’s caliber (few are) he stands a chance but unfortunately I’m guessing we won’t get a time on him predraft. If he runs in the low 4.4s, it still isn’t good enough at that weight. I am moving him up my schedule to see if I can spot all time speed on some of his tape.

Edit: Just did a little googling and it looks like he has been measured at 4.33, so that is good. On to the tape!

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Huh wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:50 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:37 pm
Not really true
S. Holmes
T. Hill
B. Cooks
D. Jackson

Jackson came in at 175 but the other guys were all over 180. He’s still 15 to 20 pounds short of those guys. If he is a burner of Jackson’s caliber (few are) he stands a chance but unfortunately I’m guessing we won’t get a time on him predraft. If he runs in the low 4.4s, it still isn’t good enough at that weight. I am moving him up my schedule to see if I can spot all time speed on some of his tape.

Edit: Just did a little googling and it looks like he has been measured at 4.33, so that is good. On to the tape!
I am not completely disregarding BMI, but people act as if the rules regarding WR/DB contact haven’t fundamentally changed since DJax entered the league. If Hollywood goes to an accurate passer with great vision; I think his weight becomes almost a non-factor.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:30 pm

X2

Not calling you out, I’ve respect for your posts, legit interested. I find this draft plenty deep, just less high end.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st