Josh Rosen

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rosen, Year 2

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:55 pm
reyrey wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:01 pmThis kid got caught falling sleep on the sideline during a damn game for Christ's sake.
say what now
Assuming he is referring to this overblown story:
https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/ ... n-yawning/

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Lol I yawn just looking at the Cardinals logo.

I imagine Rosen went into hibernation after being drafted there

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:25 pm

I'm not high on Rosen and never have thought highly of him. That being said if Rosen is cheap, I'd buy in a SF league. I'd have little interest in 1 QB but he's probably got more potential than guys that are ranked ahead of him like... Mariota, Stafford, Care, Dak and even the rest of the 2018 rookies (not Baker) come to mind

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:01 pm

I cannot recall at any time a team giving up on a QB drafted in the top half of a draft after 1 year. I guess the closest would be the Bills with EJ Manuel but even he was the starter going into Season II (got replaced by Orton who then retired after the season & Marrone bailed on the Bills).

Always a first time that a team drafts back to back 1st round QBs but I think thats really unlikely (not impossible). I would be more concerned if they signed another Bradford type who could steal the job & take the team under their wing (sort of like the Fitzpatrick/Winston situation in 2018).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:16 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:01 pm I cannot recall at any time a team giving up on a QB drafted in the top half of a draft after 1 year. I guess the closest would be the Bills with EJ Manuel but even he was the starter going into Season II (got replaced by Orton who then retired after the season & Marrone bailed on the Bills).

Always a first time that a team drafts back to back 1st round QBs but I think thats really unlikely (not impossible). I would be more concerned if they signed another Bradford type who could steal the job & take the team under their wing (sort of like the Fitzpatrick/Winston situation in 2018).
You forgot about the Browns that fast? Lol

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:16 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:01 pm I cannot recall at any time a team giving up on a QB drafted in the top half of a draft after 1 year. I guess the closest would be the Bills with EJ Manuel but even he was the starter going into Season II (got replaced by Orton who then retired after the season & Marrone bailed on the Bills).

You forgot about the Browns that fast? Lol
Both Brady Quinn and Johnny Manziel were pick 22 - so not top half zone. Quinn had the unfortunate luck to be behind Derek Andersons magical season and themn after that the Browns were in full dumpster fire mode with Romeo Crennel being replaced by Eric Mangini. Johnny Football - well he had personal demons - nothing suggests Rosen (so far) has off-field concerns.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

cbee
Rookie
Rookie

Postby cbee » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:48 pm

The only thing Rosen is good for is a good sockin between thee eyes. He's got one of those faces you just wanna punch.

Regardless of AZs offensive woes around him, he is not starter worthy. Out of 32 starting QBs he's about 40 or worse. He put it terrible numbers, his QB rating and total QBR were the worst in recent memory. Crazy part about it is the tape proves it. You guys no damn well he doesn't pass the eye test too. SMH. Larry legend deserves better, that's really why I hated this pick.

But be my guest.....draft/keep/tag/ waste a roster spot on the kid.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:21 pm Lol I yawn just looking at the Cardinals logo.

I imagine Rosen went into hibernation after being drafted there
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to admit, I chuckle every time I think about how the Chosen Rosen of Arizona is a jewish liberal from California. Talk about a messiah mismatch... :D

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:19 am

reyrey wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:48 pm The only thing Rosen is good for is a good sockin between thee eyes. He's got one of those faces you just wanna punch. Regardless of AZs offensive woes around him, he is not starter worthy.
Lol Jesus, hate the kid much?

It's funny, people are "stoked" about Josh Allen's "progression" when his passing stats are very similar to Rosen. Guess him rushing 10x a game make people forget those passing numbers.

Even Sam Bradford looked horrendous in that offense, and Bradford has been a middle of the road/decent NFL QB throughout his career.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:21 am

Pocket passers are dead, which is why the Patriots can't win Super Bowls...
I wasn't sure about Rosen coming out, but if he has the strength of character to survive the leagues shittiest coaching staff and a back-up to the back-ups staffed line last year, I think he could be fantastic. He looked lost at times last year on a truly awful team, but he also looked clean and crisp as a thrower and to have high level timing and anticipation.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:23 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:55 pm
reyrey wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:01 pmThis kid got caught falling sleep on the sideline during a damn game for Christ's sake.
say what now
quickest way out of a coaches, GM, team (especially OL), fans and yeah everyone elses favor. Show that you don't care when your team is sucking and your the new guy who's proven jack all.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:09 am

im not investing. rosen is a hold if you own and hope year 2 is better
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:41 am

Patience is a virtue. This is dynasty not redraft. The immediate gratification mind set is quite troubling to me.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:48 am

JFever wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:41 am Patience is a virtue. This is dynasty not redraft. The immediate gratification mind set is quite troubling to me.
well, i mean that depends. you can't just throw out a terrible rookie year. Most franchise Qb's look at least competent their rookie year. Who else looked lost their rookie year and turned out to be pretty good. Can't think of any off the top of my head aside from Goff, although i'm sure there are more.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:59 am

I like the talent. I'm predicting a Jared Goff type of turnaround.