Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Re: what are Hunt owners planning on doing?

Postby ESKAY » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:48 pm

ESKAY wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:53 pm
jomaed wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 am
ESKAY wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 am I just acquired him and a top LB for Derrick Henry. And I am really excited about that deal. There is no comparison to him and Ray Rice. I’m guessing he misses 8 games next year and comes back healthy just as everyone else is nicked up. My only concern is where he goes to. My guess right now is Cleveland, and I don’t think that is good for Chubb or Hunts value but what do I know? I am a fan of Henry but he just doesn’t catch enough passes for my liking in a PPR league.

Why in the hell would Cleveland sign him with the Chubb/Duke duo in place.
He has a connection with Dorsey. And Dorsey has been known to give guys second chances. I agree it doesn’t seem logical.

🤔 It looks like I am the Adam Shefter of the Browns.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:48 pm

I think it would be funny if Hunt got suspended for the full year, so basically the Browns would still hold his rights next year, but not get to use him at all this year. It is possible. I think it's going to be a minimum of 8 games, depending on what they find with the other incidents. Even if they find nothing credible in those, all eyes are on the NFL for this upcoming suspension, and due to it being a video, which is far more incriminating to the eyes of the public, I have a feeling Hunt's suspension could be 10 or more games, as the NFL will be heavily scrutinized on the severity of the punishment received.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:49 pm Someone is asking for Duke now. They offered the 2.09 (19th overall). Is that something I should take or wait?
I love Duke but this is not good... I said before I'd hold unless an early 2nd came along. I guess if I could hold I would for now. No need to panic sell

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:49 pm Someone is asking for Duke now. They offered the 2.09 (19th overall). Is that something I should take or wait?
I'd try and hold until after most NFL roster moves are done (FA & the draft).

If you can't hold, and you were in a league that only had about 20 roster spots I'd prob take it (if you have 20+ roster spots then I'd hold).

It would be annoying to hold Duke on your bench during the beginning of the season knowing that he's a placeholder likely to be cut and/or traded, so you're just waiting and waiting to find out if he's even going to be in a better situation (which he might not be). Also it looks like you're playing in a 10 teamer, so studs are king, and I doubt Duke ever reaches those levels.

Also, then you have one less functional roster spot available during the most important waiver wire periods of the season, in which case, I'd rather move Duke for that pick/or a 2020 pick, so I have a 'free space' to play with during important waiver wires in weeks 1/2etc.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:10 pm

ajf235 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:57 pm
IBall2 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:45 am I offered Ronald Jones for Kareem Hunt straight up and the owner is mulling it over. Seems like people are getting to the point where they just want to get rid of him and the headache that comes with him.
Oh man. I would buy all day for that sort of price.
Lmfao I’d take that all day. Hell I’d even throw in Kevin White to that package to move the needle for Hunt.
Adding Kevin White might be moving the needle in the wrong direction :think:

Also might be considered as a hostile act bordering on assault on a mentally handicapped person should anyone actually accept the deal :snooty:

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:26 pm

I added Kevin White on my 37 man roster. Mike Clay mentioned him going to NE in free agency so why not🤷‍♀️ If he signs somewhere like NE or maybe GB who knows... maybe I can trade White and a third for a second. There is a sucker born every minute.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Yeah it felt a little lite. He also has the 17th overall. But I'm content in waiting to see how things play out. I went and got Duke so I could have Chubbs handcuff and then this happens right after.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:55 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:33 pm
AussieMate wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:51 pm Are we still calling it domestic violence/abuse, am I just wrong in calling assault?
It was assault. Not domestic violence. The fact that the incident with video involved a girl is why people are (wrongly) calling it domestic violence, and why it has gotten so much attention.
People don't understand what qualifies DV. The key is the first damn word in the label.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 am

The media and the mob do that for effect. Domestic sounds worse to the general public. It would be like if you replaced the word wife/gf/date with groupie or gold digger. Lawyers do simple tactics like this to persuade a jury. Not saying the action is any better or worse, but this was not DV and most people with three brain cells know that.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 am

The media and the mob do that for effect. Domestic sounds worse to the general public. It would be like if you replaced the word wife/gf/date with groupie or gold digger. Lawyers do simple tactics like this to persuade a jury. Not saying the action is any better or worse, but this was not DV and most people with three brain cells know that.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:53 pm

IBall2 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:10 am Will the time spent on the commissioners exempt list in 2018 count towards his suspension? I think it does if he was on a team the entire time but since the Chief's released him, it muddies the water.
He continues to be paid on the Commissioner’s Exempt List unless I’m mistaken and that is why it does not count.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:51 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:52 am “We want the NFL to do what society doesn’t do, and that’s punish people greatly for this incident, especially if they’ve only done it once or twice,” McFarland said. “The NFL is only a microcosm of society. In society, you are given a first, a second, a third opportunity in a lot of cases.

“If you’re a fan and asking these teams, ‘Hey, don’t sign this player. Stay away from that guy.’ You’re asking the NFL to do what the society that you live in doesn’t do. And that’s not going to happen. Because the job of the Cleveland Browns is to put the most talented team on the field. That’s John Dorsey’s job. His job is not to acquiesce to society. His job is not to uphold some type of moral standing that society does.”

Booger McFarland.

He's actually right, in this regard. People can't expect the NFL to be the moral high ground of society.

Also, we don't know the finding of the other incidents. There is a chance that the NFL suspends Hunt for a full year, and the Browns would hold RFA rights on him when the suspension is server, and he's ready to play again. No matter if it's 8/10/12 or 16 games, they hold his rights for 2020.
Well said, Boogie Mac!

I agree completely
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am

In my opinion, the NFL is trying to set a precedent for behavior and accountability. It isn't consistent enough and that seems to be the main issue. The players in the league in a sense, represent the shield. Their behavior and actions off the field either are negative, neutral or positive. I applaud the NFL for holding these players at a higher level than the general population is held to. Why? because children and youth in general - tend to emulate and at look up to these players.

The over the top celebrating, the show boating, and the gangster like behavior of a few off the field, can give a bad look to the rest. As I've gotten a bit older, and a touch more wise, I get, the more I see the importance of holding these players (and frankly all in the public eye) to a higher standard. Playing in the NFL is not a right it is a privilege and, with poor behavior or negative actions, privileges can and should be taken away, or at minimum suspended; in order to send an easily understood message of a societal higher standard. I'm not against 2nd chances at all. Matter of fact, I'm all for them as people typically learn from making mistakes. But, in this case and in many other cases of this nature dealing with all professional / highly compensated, and famous athletes, there are behavioral patterns that need to be addressed before the behavior escalates.

i work as an educator in the public sector. If a video of me doing exactly what Hunt did, were to go public on any social media, and, a member of my school board, or any administrator where to become aware of it. You can rest assured, there would be ramifications and I'd likely lose my job. And, further, as a consequence, I'd be less likely to get another job as it would follow my with my personal record. So, I'd disagree with the notion that the public isn't held to similar standards. The public and civilians in our society, are held to that and in some cases it is FAR more harsh. So, in that sense, Booger is incorrect.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:23 pm

JFever wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am In my opinion, the NFL is trying to set a precedent for behavior and accountability. It isn't consistent enough and that seems to be the main issue. The players in the league in a sense, represent the shield. Their behavior and actions off the field either are negative, neutral or positive. I applaud the NFL for holding these players at a higher level than the general population is held to. Why? because children and youth in general - tend to emulate and at look up to these players.

The over the top celebrating, the show boating, and the gangster like behavior of a few off the field, can give a bad look to the rest. As I've gotten a bit older, and a touch more wise, I get, the more I see the importance of holding these players (and frankly all in the public eye) to a higher standard. Playing in the NFL is not a right it is a privilege and, with poor behavior or negative actions, privileges can and should be taken away, or at minimum suspended; in order to send an easily understood message of a societal higher standard. I'm not against 2nd chances at all. Matter of fact, I'm all for them as people typically learn from making mistakes. But, in this case and in many other cases of this nature dealing with all professional / highly compensated, and famous athletes, there are behavioral patterns that need to be addressed before the behavior escalates.

i work as an educator in the public sector. If a video of me doing exactly what Hunt did, were to go public on any social media, and, a member of my school board, or any administrator where to become aware of it. You can rest assured, there would be ramifications and I'd likely lose my job. And, further, as a consequence, I'd be less likely to get another job as it would follow my with my personal record. So, I'd disagree with the notion that the public isn't held to similar standards. The public and civilians in our society, are held to that and in some cases it is FAR more harsh. So, in that sense, Booger is incorrect.
Agree with everything said here, these issues are going to keep happening until we get a one strike and you are out penalty in terms of DV.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:31 pm

JFever wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am i work as an educator in the public sector. If a video of me doing exactly what Hunt did, were to go public on any social media, and, a member of my school board, or any administrator where to become aware of it. You can rest assured, there would be ramifications and I'd likely lose my job. And, further, as a consequence, I'd be less likely to get another job as it would follow my with my personal record. So, I'd disagree with the notion that the public isn't held to similar standards. The public and civilians in our society, are held to that and in some cases it is FAR more harsh. So, in that sense, Booger is incorrect.
Right, which is why it's annoying when people who don't know what they're talking about say something that doesn't make sense and others just eat it up. I think you're kind of off base on why the NFL is or is not trying to discipline players though for stuff like this. It's 100% about the money. It's not about anything else.