Guice or TE1

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Guice or TE1

Postby waynesworld1234 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:23 pm

I am in a 10 team, 7 keeper, 1.0 PPR League with QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE starting requirements.

Plan to keep: RB1 Barkley, RB2 Kamara, RB3 Chubb, RB4 Guice, WR1 Beckham, WR2 Evans, WR3 Cooper

Would you rather go into the draft with fantastic depth at the running back position and playing catch-up at both QB and TE, or keep one of O. Howard, E. Engram, or H. Henry in place of Guice.

Trading 2 for 1 would be ideal, but I’ve come up empty. Last offer I made was Chubb/Cooper for Michael Thomas and was rejected.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Guice or TE1

Postby moishetreats » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:32 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:23 pm I am in a 10 team, 7 keeper, 1.0 PPR League with QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE starting requirements.

Plan to keep: RB1 Barkley, RB2 Kamara, RB3 Chubb, RB4 Guice, WR1 Beckham, WR2 Evans, WR3 Cooper

Would you rather go into the draft with fantastic depth at the running back position and playing catch-up at both QB and TE, or keep one of O. Howard, E. Engram, or H. Henry in place of Guice.

Trading 2 for 1 would be ideal, but I’ve come up empty. Last offer I made was Chubb/Cooper for Michael Thomas and was rejected.
Guice easily, IMO.

In a keeper league, I tend to keep the best seven players as projected for the coming year, typically regardless of age, position, etc. I draft the rest.

I love Howard and Henry, but I'm not comfortable projected either ahead of Guice. In addition, with throwing both of them back, you stand a good chance of re-acquiring one of them. And there are more than enough QBs that you don't have to feel obligated to keep one.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 am

moishetreats wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:32 am
waynesworld1234 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:23 pm I am in a 10 team, 7 keeper, 1.0 PPR League with QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE starting requirements.

Guice easily, IMO.

In a keeper league, I tend to keep the best seven players as projected for the coming year, typically regardless of age, position, etc. I draft the rest.

I love Howard and Henry, but I'm not comfortable projected either ahead of Guice. In addition, with throwing both of them back, you stand a good chance of re-acquiring one of them. And there are more than enough QBs that you don't have to feel obligated to keep one.
Strong team, first of all. I generally agree with the above. But was just reading on fantasypros.com about their "175 Interesting Facts from the 2018 Fantasy Football Season". Quoting: "O.J. Howard's 11.8 yards per target in 2018 ranks as the second-highest mark of all-time among tight ends who saw at least 40 targets. ... "His career mark of 11.5 yards per target is the best of all-time (since they started tracking targets)."

So...not trying to twist your arm to keeping Howard. But I would HIGHLY prioritize drafting him again. I think we could be looking at a star for several years to come. That, combined with Arians low usage of non TE1s on his team (thinking back to his Pitt and Zona days) means to me that Brate will be less of a factor. And this is from a Brate believer, lol. Howard is a stud...draft him again.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:30 am

And thank you for all the replies to one of my posts. Trying to lend my 2 cents on your posts in case helpful bud.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:01 pm

Kelce and Kittle will be retained but aside from them you should be looking at a large TE pool. I like where you're going with trying to move Cooper though.....

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:21 am

I'd rather have OJ Howard over Guice considering its a keeper league and your RB situation. I think OJ could blow up this year, and Guice I am not high on right now. Coming off an injury, bad situation/offense. Not sure why you'd take a RB4 when you only start 2, when you could have your TE1. Guice is a back up to your back up. OJ is your starter. Easy decision IMO. So many other RB's will be available as your number 4 IMO. I can't see Guice ever being in your staring lineup unless 2 of your RB's get hurt at the same time.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:29 am

Thanks for the feedback gents (or ladies)! Sounds like best value for me is to package Guice/Cooper for an upgrade at WR, then keep Howard. Or, trade Guice to a RB needy team for a pick and keep Howard. I’ll probably wait until later into the off-season when leaguemates can see ‘expert’ projections for Guice in 2019.

I’ve never been good at player/pick values in a keeper league. As there are no sensational rookies (yet), is it as simple as asking for a 1st for Guice considering his startup value is pre round 8?

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:14 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:29 am Thanks for the feedback gents (or ladies)! Sounds like best value for me is to package Guice/Cooper for an upgrade at WR, then keep Howard. Or, trade Guice to a RB needy team for a pick and keep Howard. I’ll probably wait until later into the off-season when leaguemates can see ‘expert’ projections for Guice in 2019.

I’ve never been good at player/pick values in a keeper league. As there are no sensational rookies (yet), is it as simple as asking for a 1st for Guice considering his startup value is pre round 8?
IMO Guice is as good or better than any rookie this year without knowing landing spots. Saying that 7 player keeper does lower his value/raise the value of picks so I'd be looking at a mid/late first emphasis on the late

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:24 am

Reviving this after the offseason. Coming up on the season I’m thinking TE over Guice now. And I’m thinking Henry over Howard. Reason being I feel it’s more likely Henry will play 16 games and should have a relatively safe floor. That said, mulling over offering a couple trades below as well.

1. Howard/Henry/Engram + my 3rd for Kittle
2. Evans + Chubb for Hopkins
3. Evans + Godwin + TE for Juju
4. Pick + TE + Godwin for Baker Mayfield

Interested to know your thoughts!

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:29 pm

waynesworld1234 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:24 am Reviving this after the offseason. Coming up on the season I’m thinking TE over Guice now. And I’m thinking Henry over Howard. Reason being I feel it’s more likely Henry will play 16 games and should have a relatively safe floor. That said, mulling over offering a couple trades below as well.

1. Howard/Henry/Engram + my 3rd for Kittle
2. Evans + Chubb for Hopkins
3. Evans + Godwin + TE for Juju
4. Pick + TE + Godwin for Baker Mayfield

Interested to know your thoughts!
1 or 3 are both easy accepts in my eyes. I like 3 especially. Then keep 1 of the other TEs. Howard or Henry whoever is left on your team
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.