Tom Brady: End of an Era?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: We Have to Watch Tom Brady Again...UGH!

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:21 am

For those newer to the forum here is what I am referring to:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90767&p=773015

And no I am not poking fun (much at least) at Meurah because I actually mostly agreed with him on CJA. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:55 am So, there's been talk all week and now it looks pretty clear that Gurley won't be a workhorse for the superbowl. Seems CJA has forced a committee.
And they want CJA back in 2019.
Will be interesting how that affects Gurley's workload.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:16 pm

If the Pats had lost all their Superbowls, Donovan McNabb/Andy Reid, Jake DelHomme/Steven Smith, and Matt Ryan would be Superbowl champs, and Kurt Warner 2x over.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Look forward to this thread being revived next year.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:53 pm

This alone shows how exciting the Super Bowl was not lol - barely a single in-game comment

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:11 pm

I actually enjoyed the game more than most super bowls. The Pats defense stepped up huge and McVay had no answers.

Never thought I would be happy to see the Pats win but it was predictable.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:51 am

I know it's in vogue to say size doesn't matter and all of that, which for the most part is true, but watching the superbowl it was kind of shocking how badly the Rams could have used a big playmaking WR in that game. Someone Goff could just throw it up to and just let him make a play. It almost boiled down to one team had one (Gronk) and the other team didn't.

Also, as a Patriots hater it really wasn't a big deal that they won again last night. The Rams just played awful... 5 too many plodding CJA runs up the middle and Goff got exposed for being a complete non-playmaker. They blitzed him up the middle and he was like a deer in headlights. In terms of fantasy, who cares, he's like the next Matt Ryan or something. But in terms of a guy having the "it" factor... blech...

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:56 am

Neither offense did anything the first half. The Patriots adjusted and poured in the points, relatively speaking. The Rams figured out how not to go three and out. Every first half drive ended after 3 or 5 plays. In the 2nd half, they managed to get drives of 6, 7, 9 and 10 plays. Overall, the Rams punted 9 times.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:29 am

First off, what a horrible game...Brady was horrible, Goff was terrible, I'm sure every person who loves defense got their rocks off but what a "lol" ending to a pretty awesome season.

In recent memory it feels like so many Super Bowls have come down to some type of incredible play:

- Tyree
- Manningham
- Santonio Holmes
- Edelman
- Etc. Etc.

Brandin Cooks had two opportunities to join that list and screwed both. The first TD chance, incredibly difficult play and sure Goff should have noticed the broken play sooner, but McCourty played the ball...instead of trying to push Cooks out of bounds...The second chance, what a joke of a drop by him.

All in all, Brady had one good throw all game and Gronk caught it...Goff had one great throw all game and Cooks drops it...and so goes football.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:42 am

Servo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:29 am
All in all, Brady had one good throw all game and Gronk caught it...Goff had one great throw all game and Cooks drops it...and so goes football.
I guess that is why some say it is a "game of inches" as that seems like a prime example of what could have been had it been reversed (ie Gronk drops and Cooks catches).

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:15 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:51 am I know it's in vogue to say size doesn't matter and all of that, which for the most part is true, but watching the superbowl it was kind of shocking how badly the Rams could have used a big playmaking WR in that game. Someone Goff could just throw it up to and just let him make a play. It almost boiled down to one team had one (Gronk) and the other team didn't.

Also, as a Patriots hater it really wasn't a big deal that they won again last night. The Rams just played awful... 5 too many plodding CJA runs up the middle and Goff got exposed for being a complete non-playmaker. They blitzed him up the middle and he was like a deer in headlights. In terms of fantasy, who cares, he's like the next Matt Ryan or something. But in terms of a guy having the "it" factor... blech...
I told my son almost this exact thing during the game - goff needs a plax burress type guy after cooks dropped the 2nd TD ( although it was a PI uncalled ) That is why I do not like small wr as few beyond antonio brown can make contested catches consistently . I did not and will never understand why the boy genius didn't start curling higbee or everett right in behind the blitzing backers and let them run through the secondary ? I thought mcvay was deer in the headlights scared and was bailed out in NO and even worse vs Pats . People are killing goff but the real loser in this deal was mcvay and the rams alleged great Oline as they got their asses kicked for 3 hours sunday night.

I personally loved the game even though I have had a jealously hard off about the pats for the entire time seeing as how my steelers could have 2 or 3 or 4 more lombardis since the rise of the football borg . I just presupposed a pats W and then delighted in all the comments about what a terrible game . You know what was a terrible edition of football that 54-51 rams chiefs wet paper sack defense contest . In a fantasy football madden generation defense is a dirty word metric driven running game is for morons world . Belichick devised a genius game plan and ran the ball down his playoff opponents throats . It is so simple vs chiefs stop hill /kelce vs rams stop gurley /goff .

Football has 2 units (3 really their special teams were special as well) and if you only appreciate the 44-42 type games then in my opinion you are not really a fan of the sport you are a fan of fantasy football with a retarded understanding of the game . He played keep away and rex ryan should get a super bowl ring as belichick borrowed a rex ryan stop Tom Brady game plan from 10 years ago and shut down 3 high powered offenses by suffocating them with massive time of possession advantages .
now get the eff off my lawn !
the end .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:29 am

That second "dropped" TD was not Cooks' fault. The ball was underthrown, allowing the DB to make a great play to get his arm in there and break it up. I think that and the earlier blown coverage non-TD are both on Goff. The Patriots had him rattled.

I do agree that the Rams could use a big bodied WR like Brandon Marshall, and every team could use someone like him if they don't have that already. A nice safety net & redzone target.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:07 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:29 am That second "dropped" TD was not Cooks' fault. The ball was underthrown, allowing the DB to make a great play to get his arm in there and break it up. I think that and the earlier blown coverage non-TD are both on Goff. The Patriots had him rattled.

I do agree that the Rams could use a big bodied WR like Brandon Marshall, and every team could use someone like him if they don't have that already. A nice safety net & redzone target.
Couldn't agree more with the above.

As for the big bodied WR, I think they are more than fine with Woods/Cooks/Kupp. If they had Kupp I think they win the game, he's their most important WR imo.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:32 am

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:07 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:29 am That second "dropped" TD was not Cooks' fault. The ball was underthrown, allowing the DB to make a great play to get his arm in there and break it up. I think that and the earlier blown coverage non-TD are both on Goff. The Patriots had him rattled.

Couldn't agree more with the above.

As for the big bodied WR, I think they are more than fine with Woods/Cooks/Kupp. If they had Kupp I think they win the game, he's their most important WR imo.
Agreed, can't believe people are calling either of those "drops". If either ball was thrown better cooks catches it no problem and it is a td. Would a bigger body wr have made the contested catch? Maybe, but they also may not have been as open so it is a moot point.

While I am not sure kupp is the most important, the offense really went downhill once kupp went down. Whether it be because of Kupp, or gurleys mysterious injury (or he just all of a sudden started sucking?), it is hard to tell.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 am

I just responded to the "underthrown" idea in another thread but I'm sorry, I just don't think I can agree with that.

It was placed in an area where only Cooks could get it lol