Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: what are Hunt owners planning on doing?

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Playing in the NFL isn't a right, it's a privilege. When players tarnish the shield, often times (if there is video proof), they are disciplined. If there is a track record, their leash is shortened. K.Hunt not only has a track record of violence off the field, he has now a track record of lying about it to his employers.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be given a 2nd or 3rd chance here. He should, but, it has to be done the right way, with total transparency - and it has to be in the right place (in a city / part of the country) that is more forgiving - and or desperate. All that said, he may get signed somewhere & play again, I have no doubt that there is demand, but, is the risk / reward worth it? That can only be answered by the parties interested and what they'll be willing to offer - and what he and his agent are comfortable accepting. Lots of moving parts here and none of which help to increase the confidence that he'll continue to produce as a top 3-5 dynasty rb, or - be able to refrain from these off the field troubles moving forward.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm

I note that's not a direct response to any of my points.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:34 pm

indirectly / directly. lol.

Comparing How Vick was handled then to how Hunt will be and is being dealt with now however, isn't apples to apples I'm afraid. I'm not talking about the specifics of their transgressions, rather, how the league handles players who have domestic violations. In short, the league is taking a long overdue stance. Hunt is just one of the latest. Oh, and Vick also went to prison for his... and then came back into the league. That, I can nearly assure you, won't happen again.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 am

The PR aspect is the cost, not the contract. Chicago Tribune wrote a big scathing piece after the Bears coach talked to Hunt. It said the GM and Owner should each show their wives the video, and then look them in the face and say this is the man we want to be the starting running back for our franchise in this city.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:10 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm I note that's not a direct response to any of my points.
Noted and agreed.

It's all about the talent. Unless he has another incident there is almost no chance he will be unemployed by this time next year.
Last edited by Mike from Canada on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:12 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:54 am
ajf235 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 am

The concept of NFL teams caring about PR is thrown out the door when the player in question is a pro bowl talent on his rookie contract. Hunt is 100% gonna get another shot unless another video is released and/or he doesn’t stay out of trouble this offseason.
It's all about talent, plain and simple.
lMAO.

No, no it isn't "all about talent". Not near as much as some like to think.

There are COUNTLESS examples over the years of very talented players / former players, that are now NOT in the league because of their demons. Look into it.
Really? I had no idea. Like who? I will certainly have to look into this, thanks boss!

You missed my point on purpose to fit your desired narrative but that's ok. We'll see who is right when/if he gets signed at some point between now and the end of next season.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm

It will be interesting, since we have seen some talents not make their way back, while others have. In all reality, bad PR is just that. Scathing pieces in the news, some protests, a BUNCH of safe space social media hordes whining online, and then what. Stadiums still fill up with even more ridiculous rising ticket prices and apparel flies off the shelves. What is the biggest PR nightmare the NFL has had with a player in recent memory, that actually severely hit the pocket books? Don't say it, but it rhymes with bust a cap-in-er-neck.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I have very little doubt he will play again next season.

And you know what? I guarantee that as soon as he is successful on the field the fans will immediately stop caring. There are plenty of examples of that not only in the NFL.

Heck, I know it's not domestic abuse, but in the Premier League you had a superstar literally bite his opponents (and I mean bite hard) not once, not twice, but three times on camera. He talked about how embarrassed he was being a bad example for his kids, and that he would go to anger management classes and seek mental help. And then proceeded to go out and do it again. And the fans hated him for doing it, probably the most hated player in the league at that time.
Guess what though, he's still employed, and nobody seems to care anymore. Not necessarily a similar situation to what Hunt did, but just an example of how willing fans are to forgive and forget if they feel like the player can help their team..

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:51 pm

Are we still calling it domestic violence/abuse, am I just wrong in calling assault?

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:12 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm I note that's not a direct response to any of my points.
:lol: :thumbup:

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:33 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:51 pm Are we still calling it domestic violence/abuse, am I just wrong in calling assault?
It was assault. Not domestic violence. The fact that the incident with video involved a girl is why people are (wrongly) calling it domestic violence, and why it has gotten so much attention.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:57 pm
IBall2 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:45 am I offered Ronald Jones for Kareem Hunt straight up and the owner is mulling it over. Seems like people are getting to the point where they just want to get rid of him and the headache that comes with him.
Oh man. I would buy all day for that sort of price.
Lmfao I’d take that all day. Hell I’d even throw in Kevin White to that package to move the needle for Hunt.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Postby Blueboy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Is it me or is this landing spot completely out of left field? https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1095034021631926273

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:05 pm

This was probably about number 30 of 32 of likely landing spots

Chubb owners gotta be upset, Hunt owners not the happiest either
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

abajaba
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Postby abajaba » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Honestly doesn't make sense. The Browns are finally on track to build a better culture and have a lot of cap to make significant moves. Chubb was very good for them down the stretch. WTF are they thinking here? They need to screw up somewhere so people remember the Browns will always be the Browns?
8 Team PPR Year 8: 2/3/4/1/DEF
2016 & 2018 Champion :dance:
QB-Rivers,Cousins,Eli,Tannehill
RB-Gurley,Fournette,Connor,Bell,McKinnon,Dion Lewis,Ballage,Yeldon,Doug Martin
WR-Evans,Nuk,Cooks,Diggs,ARob,Woods,John Brown,Doctson,Boyd,Ross,
TE-Kittle,Graham,Doyle

Rookie Picks: '19 - 3.8/4.8; '20 - 2nd/4th