Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hause24
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: what are Hunt owners planning on doing?

Postby Hause24 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:21 am

I picked him off waivers before the end of the season, could be a home run or just another guy.

But it will be my option and not the other 15 teams in the league to make.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 am

Vcize wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:09 am If people were trying to buy for a 2nd or Ronald Jones it seems like the time was a month ago.

Why would people be looking to sell for that now given the recent news involving Nagy and him likely signing somewhere fairly soon?
Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy said this past week that his team would not rule out the possibility of signing Kareem Hunt, and it turns out he's not alone.

Multiple teams have expressed interest in Hunt, and it now appears the former Chiefs running back will have a job "sooner rather than later," one league source told ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2580 ... areem-hunt

FYI, there is absolutely no news value what so ever to be found in that article. This is how one agent drums up their client by releasing something like this. Dig up a past relationship... Nagy... and a couple comments later, you create buzz. Who were the other interested parties? It didn't go so far as to tell us. It sad that so many Americans fall for this and just eat this crap up. If Hunt is desired by an NFL team - it means NOTHING. There is a chance, a good chance, that he remains on exempt list for the entirety of the 2019 season. The dude is a woman beater with anger issues. If he gets signed, I hope like hell that everyone comes out and protests like crazy. The Hypocrisy needs to be kept in check.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:16 pm
ESKAY wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:11 am http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ree-agency

Just an update on Hunt investigation(s)

I think this is good news for Hunt owners. If he gets an 8 game ban he is going to come back healthy just as everyone else is getting banged up. I feel sorry for the guys who dumped Hunt for a second.
You realize somebody still has to sign him, right? Guys will be in mid season form. You can look at it two ways. Guys are banged up, but in form and football shape. If this investigation pulls out any more details about the other 2 incidents, and they aren't savory, it's going to make even more of a PR nightmare for any team to potentially sign him. I have Hunt in a league, and I'm not holding my breath.
The concept of NFL teams caring about PR is thrown out the door when the player in question is a pro bowl talent on his rookie contract. Hunt is 100% gonna get another shot unless another video is released and/or he doesn’t stay out of trouble this offseason.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:41 am

ajf235 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 am

I think this is good news for Hunt owners. If he gets an 8 game ban he is going to come back healthy just as everyone else is getting banged up. I feel sorry for the guys who dumped Hunt for a second.
You realize somebody still has to sign him, right? Guys will be in mid season form. You can look at it two ways. Guys are banged up, but in form and football shape. If this investigation pulls out any more details about the other 2 incidents, and they aren't savory, it's going to make even more of a PR nightmare for any team to potentially sign him. I have Hunt in a league, and I'm not holding my breath.
The concept of NFL teams caring about PR is thrown out the door when the player in question is a pro bowl talent on his rookie contract. Hunt is 100% gonna get another shot unless another video is released and/or he doesn’t stay out of trouble this offseason.
I think some are in denial about the changing of the times. We live in an ever growing, uber plugged in, hyper aware and hyper sensitive society. NFL teams DO care about PR and they care a S&^% ton. What the NFL doesn't care that much about is - yep, you guessed it - fantasy football owners and their opinions. As far as other evidence / video, or accusations coming out between now and when he potentially could get re-instated, well - This is precisely what drives his price down and his risk up.

He is young, he is talented, but - if you've done this dynasty thing long enough, you've probably learned that the rb position isn't just about talent, its about availability, durability,health, off the field dependability and maturity, surrounding talent, and scheme. Hunt will likely never be a top 3 dynasty running back as far as production ever again. Come to terms people. It is the times we live in.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:54 am

It's all about talent, plain and simple.

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:09 pm

I am starting to question how much of his success was talent and how much was Andy Reid. Not claiming he isn't talented, but it's apparent the team made it easier for him. It's not like the chiefs were not electric with Alex Smith during Hunt's rookie season. Also, it's not like the community was that high on him before preseason of his rookie year.

Something to question...
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:12 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:54 am

It's all about talent, plain and simple.
lMAO.

No, no it isn't "all about talent". Not near as much as some like to think.

There are COUNTLESS examples over the years of very talented players / former players, that are now NOT in the league because of their demons. Look into it.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:24 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 am
Vcize wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:09 am If people were trying to buy for a 2nd or Ronald Jones it seems like the time was a month ago.

Why would people be looking to sell for that now given the recent news involving Nagy and him likely signing somewhere fairly soon?
Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy said this past week that his team would not rule out the possibility of signing Kareem Hunt, and it turns out he's not alone.

Multiple teams have expressed interest in Hunt, and it now appears the former Chiefs running back will have a job "sooner rather than later," one league source told ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2580 ... areem-hunt

FYI, there is absolutely no news value what so ever to be found in that article. This is how one agent drums up their client by releasing something like this. Dig up a past relationship... Nagy... and a couple comments later, you create buzz. Who were the other interested parties? It didn't go so far as to tell us. It sad that so many Americans fall for this and just eat this crap up.
Of course there is news value in Adam Schefter reporting that he was told something by an NFL source. Obviously these things are far from 100% but why weren't you ripping Americans for falling for Schefter's reporting that the Steelers and Antonio Brown had a rift or any of the bajillion other things he reports all season long from his sources?
Last edited by Vcize on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 pm

It doesn't need to be a video at this point, though, they already have that. If they deem the eyewitness accounts of the other events to be credible, that's all they'll need. They didn't have a video with Zeke, and the lead investigator apparently did not think the accuser's account was credible, but on their own independent investigation, they deemed it to be worthy of 6 games, so if they feel he did punch that guy in the face at that resort, and or they turn up something else in the 3rd incident after kicking over some rocks, it may deter any team from signing him, if it's deemed there have been multiple cases of assault.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:57 pm

IBall2 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:45 am I offered Ronald Jones for Kareem Hunt straight up and the owner is mulling it over. Seems like people are getting to the point where they just want to get rid of him and the headache that comes with him.
Oh man. I would buy all day for that sort of price.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:12 pm

ajf235 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 am the player in question is a pro bowl talent on his rookie contract
Excellent point, which everyone should note. Hunt can be had for very cheap for two more years. If he's off the exemption list, I guarantee he doesn't make it through waivers. Even if another investigation torpedoes him, on his current contract Hunt still doesn't represent much of a risk to teams.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:37 pm

The PR hit is a risk to teams though. A big one, depending on the team / city. Are we forgetting what this will look like if / when a team does show real interest in Hunt. What will the team say? What does this then say for the league's stance on player behavior and how these young men treat women? How quickly we forget, how fast we move on to the next story, happily forgetting the previous lesson. If Hunt is reinstated, and all is forgiven, it shows the extreme hypocrisy of the league, its commissioner, and us - it's fans. There will be a backlash if and when Hunt does make a comeback. Not sure at this point how big / bad the backlash will be, but, if guys like R.Rice and C.Kaepernick are blackballed, well, then - all things being somewhat equal - Hunt should be as well. The fact he is younger and cheaper - only then reflects poorly on the brand of the NFL and what they stand for vs what they say they stand for.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:38 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:12 pm
ajf235 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 am the player in question is a pro bowl talent on his rookie contract
Excellent point, which everyone should note. Hunt can be had for very cheap for two more years. If he's off the exemption list, I guarantee he doesn't make it through waivers. Even if another investigation torpedoes him, on his current contract Hunt still doesn't represent much of a risk to teams.
Huh?

Hunt has already cleared waivers so I assume anyone that signs him would be negotiating a new contract with him. His rookie contract is fully void at this point afaik.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:43 pm

Yep, his rookie contract is voided as he has passed through waivers unclaimed. He would be negotiating new terms as far as I understand it. So, in turn, he likely wouldn't be as cheap as some are hinting. But, still cheap as far as the top producing rb in the league are concerned as no team will likely pony up that kind of offer considering his baggage.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:56 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:38 pm Hunt has already cleared waivers
You're right. My mistake. I thought he was put on the exempt list before waivers.

I guess it doesn't actually mean much, though, on second thought. Free-agency just means the market will have free reign to pay him whatever it wants, which ofc only improves Hunt's odds of being signed in and of itself (the degree of pay, that's the question).
JFever wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 am FYI, there is absolutely no news value what so ever to be found in that article. This is how one agent drums up their client by releasing something like this. Dig up a past relationship... Nagy... and a couple comments later, you create buzz. Who were the other interested parties? It didn't go so far as to tell us. It sad that so many Americans fall for this and just eat this crap up. If Hunt is desired by an NFL team - it means NOTHING.
Names like Schefter and Rapoport are on the public record here. They have headline rep for a reason. When reporters of this plugged-in caliber make an unsolicited assertion or prediction based on what they're being told, it's credible. Not gospel... but certainly credible.

Schefter explicitly tells us multiple teams want to sign Hunt, and Rapoport explicitly predicts he expects Hunt to play again, not just at some point, but in 2019, and explicitly predicts that Hunt's suspension length will be determined before free-agency even starts.

Their say doesn't prove anything, but you're not being rationally objective if reports like these don't affect your bet.
There is a chance, a good chance, that he remains on exempt list for the entirety of the 2019 season.

It is not a good chance.

The exempt list isn't intended for use as a disciplinary ban before the actual disciplinary ban. It's purpose is to give the commissioner/NFL time to determine its course of action regarding a player's developing situation. The NFL will have had more than an offseason's length of time to decide what length of ban to give Hunt. Taking any longer would be extremely questionable.
The dude is a woman beater with anger issues. If he gets signed, I hope like hell that everyone comes out and protests like crazy. The Hypocrisy needs to be kept in check.
I wonder if you've even seen the video. It's silly to label any of the action that happened in that video "a beating".
JFever wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:37 pm The PR hit is a risk to teams though.
Be real.

Vick sponsored an operation that tortured dogs, killed them with electrocution, mass graves, etc. He's a convicted felon, served two years in prison. Still plays in the NFL again.

Vick's "PR risk" was Mount Everest compared to Hunt's gentle foothill.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE