Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: what are Hunt owners planning on doing?

Postby skip » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:23 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:02 pm I don't own him anywhere, but if I did, I'd sell for literally anything I could get.

Edit: I think this'll be a much shorter version of the Josh Gordon saga.
How are the two situations at all related?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:42 am

I recently offered my Ronald Jones + 2019 mid 2nd for Kareem Hunt. Not sure if that's close but figured I'd throw out an offer to a disgruntled owner.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:32 am

After watching Houston, as a Hunt owner, I am hoping they sign him.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:40 am

how do we know Hunt will even play again? has the NFL come out and said anything or have they started an investigation yet?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:03 am

Anheuser-Busch, Heineken & Molson/Coors (amongst others) would like to thank Kareem Hunt owners for their increased sales over this last quarter. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:45 am

grandmabetty wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:40 am how do we know Hunt will even play again? has the NFL come out and said anything or have they started an investigation yet?
It is a personal Conduct issue. The NFL is investigating. My guess is 6 to 10 games. No criminal charges have been filed is my understanding from the 2 incidents being investigated.

He is young and very talented; He will get another shot IMO but it will probably late next year given he is on the Exempt List.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:06 am

skip wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:23 pm
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:02 pm I don't own him anywhere, but if I did, I'd sell for literally anything I could get.

Sorry, that was unclear. I think Hunt will continue to carry value for no apparent reason and he'll be on rosters long after he should be. Real-life situations are totally different, but I think he'll continue to crop up in RB discussions for years, even though I don't think he'll play again.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 am

ESKAY wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 am I just acquired him and a top LB for Derrick Henry. And I am really excited about that deal. There is no comparison to him and Ray Rice. I’m guessing he misses 8 games next year and comes back healthy just as everyone else is nicked up. My only concern is where he goes to. My guess right now is Cleveland, and I don’t think that is good for Chubb or Hunts value but what do I know? I am a fan of Henry but he just doesn’t catch enough passes for my liking in a PPR league.
Why in the hell would Cleveland sign him with the Chubb/Duke duo in place.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:38 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:06 am
skip wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Sorry, that was unclear. I think Hunt will continue to carry value for no apparent reason and he'll be on rosters long after he should be. Real-life situations are totally different, but I think he'll continue to crop up in RB discussions for years, even though I don't think he'll play again.
Basically the 2019 version of Ray Rice then ... who was still on some rosters as late as pre-season 2016.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Glass Joe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Glass Joe » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:48 am

grandmabetty wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:40 am how do we know Hunt will even play again? has the NFL come out and said anything or have they started an investigation yet?
how do we know anyone will ever play again?

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:53 pm

jomaed wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:21 am
ESKAY wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 am I just acquired him and a top LB for Derrick Henry. And I am really excited about that deal. There is no comparison to him and Ray Rice. I’m guessing he misses 8 games next year and comes back healthy just as everyone else is nicked up. My only concern is where he goes to. My guess right now is Cleveland, and I don’t think that is good for Chubb or Hunts value but what do I know? I am a fan of Henry but he just doesn’t catch enough passes for my liking in a PPR league.

Why in the hell would Cleveland sign him with the Chubb/Duke duo in place.
He has a connection with Dorsey. And Dorsey has been known to give guys second chances. I agree it doesn’t seem logical.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:26 am

Hunt video nowhere near as bad as Ray Rice. He should not have TOUCHED the girl, let alone kick her when she was on the ground (albeit lightly especially for him). But if Henry used 25% of his strength he would have blown through the dude holding him back and knocked the girl out. Then he would be receiving the Ray Rice treatment.

Hunt does seem to have an anger management/fighting problem though and I worry about his future. I'd take a shot on him at the right price, but there is risk there.

Some NFL team will see it that way too and I think it will be a team that needs a starter, not a backup: Denver, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, Jacksonville (if Fournette is gone), Jets, Houston, Raiders, Miami, Buffalo all come to mind. I recognize that Denver and Tampa Bay both spent recent draft capital on RBs and Denver has Lindsay, but Lindsay not a bell cow guy like Hunt. Tampa needs an RB. I probably missed some teams. Green Bay may even be an option on a prove it deal.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 am

Yeah, for real. I mean, if a person's actually watched both the Rice and Hunt videos, there's no way you'd equate what you saw. Rice put his fiance's lights out and then treated her comatose body with disdain. I doubt Hunt inflicted so much as a bruise in his fracas.

Chiefs cut Hunt because he lied to them. If Joe Mixon can play right now after what he did, then unless Hunt gets himself into more trouble while he's waiting, some team is gonna sign him once he's available.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:56 pm

keeping him on my sig team cause WTF I have some depth and I have a 5 peat rolling so why not ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:12 pm

If it matters, Hunt was the 21st RB off the board in a startup I'm currently in. He went 7.01, or 85 overall, in a 14 team league.