Kareem Hunt Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kareem Hunt Video

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:23 am

CK_ wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 am People defending Kareem are lying to themselves. Dude charged a chick because she wouldn’t sleep with his friend... talk about childish...

People saying it isn’t as bad as Mixon?! Are you kidding... Mixon got spit on his face and was called a n****r multiple times and he retaliated the only way he knew how and that’s worse than hunt?! I’ll give it on par not worse... he punched once not tried to attack the girl multiple times and was held back by his friends. Get this aw poor baby Kareem hunt owner crap out of here. The POS doesn’t deserve any defense.
How can you be sure about that? Not defending the actions, but that is heresay, not fact.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:49 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:23 am
CK_ wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 am People defending Kareem are lying to themselves. Dude charged a chick because she wouldn’t sleep with his friend... talk about childish...

People saying it isn’t as bad as Mixon?! Are you kidding... Mixon got spit on his face and was called a n****r multiple times and he retaliated the only way he knew how and that’s worse than hunt?! I’ll give it on par not worse... he punched once not tried to attack the girl multiple times and was held back by his friends. Get this aw poor baby Kareem hunt owner crap out of here. The POS doesn’t deserve any defense.

How can you be sure about that? Not defending the actions, but that is heresay, not fact.
The court of public opinion is such a dangerous thing. Due process is completely thrown out the window. Lets just sentence him to jail since twitter said he deserves it

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:04 am

To me, if people are wanting to say Hunt should not play again, that stance should be taken on Mixon, Hill etc. Regardless of whether or not it was done in college, the NFL still decided to employ these players after the fact. If you are making a stand on violence against women, it needs to be all in. This is my opinion, of course, but you can't say Hunt shouldn't play, deserves to be released etc because of this and roster Hill or Mixon. What they did should not be excused because they did it before they came into the league. If you are against violence on women and take the stand Hunt shouldn't play again, you should also be offended that the NFL chose to employ Hill and Mixon.

The Chiefs, IMO are doing damage control because of the power of video, and the court of public opinion. They stated Hunt was untruthful, but had they known about the nature of the video in February, what would they have done, had it not come to the public? They have no problems drafting a player like Hill, but cutting Hunt. They aren't really taking a stand of violence against women, they are taking a stand on dishonesty with the team, make no mistake about that.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:04 am To me, if people are wanting to say Hunt should not play again, that stance should be taken on Mixon, Hill etc.
Personally - I do have that stance on those guys.
The only difference is that right now Kareem Hunt (currently) does not have a job.

People need to stop comparing this to what is the law and what is legal or if charges were laid.
You don't need to break the law to get fired and be out of a job.

The woman wanted to lay charges reportedly but the police made it an enormous obstacle.
Big shock with police protecting a celebrity right there.

...also, just throwing fuel on the fire here:
https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/sta ... 1625310208

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:23 am

It’s literally stated in the police report.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:37 am

Titans95 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 am
AussieMate wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:20 pm Just out of curiosity, do people think KC would have dumped Hunt if they didn't have Ware who is basically 90% of Hunts ability, as a ready replacement.
They probably would, but just a thought.
1,368/1,782 = 76.7% to be exact. Not 90...that doesn't take into account the lack of TD's Ware had
Completely different offense. The only other pieces that were there from this unit is Hill and kelce, and hill was "handicapped" by Smith's deep ball compared to mahomes. It's a completely different because the deep threat and the spread was just not comparable to how it is now.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:50 am

Mixon and Hill were both punished for what they did, paid their dues, and got a second chance. I think the same should happen to Hunt. What he did was terrible, but who are we to say he should never be forgiven or given a second chance?

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:56 am

Classic song and dance around here any time anything happens. Quite humorous.

Hopefully the Jets pick him up. I'd still support it. :shifty: :silent:

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:00 am

Goddard wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:50 am Mixon and Hill were both punished for what they did, paid their dues, and got a second chance. I think the same should happen to Hunt. What he did was terrible, but who are we to say he should never be forgiven or given a second chance?
This is where i sit. People can change and improve upon their faults. What he did can't be condoned but I also don't think he should be condemned forever. He needs to take this serious and work on those anger issues and become a better person. When he does that, he deserves another chance.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:15 am

nathanq42 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:37 am
Titans95 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 am
AussieMate wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:20 pm Just out of curiosity, do people think KC would have dumped Hunt if they didn't have Ware who is basically 90% of Hunts ability, as a ready replacement.
They probably would, but just a thought.
1,368/1,782 = 76.7% to be exact. Not 90...that doesn't take into account the lack of TD's Ware had
Completely different offense. The only other pieces that were there from this unit is Hill and kelce, and hill was "handicapped" by Smith's deep ball compared to mahomes. It's a completely different because the deep threat and the spread was just not comparable to how it is now.
Except Hunt did that with Smith as well, Kelce and Hill are still the primary weapons on that offense to this day, Sammy has had a decent year but nothing game changing and he wasn't there in 2017 either. The O-line has been the same. From 2016 to 2017 I don't think there was very much personnel change on the offense. Only argument could be their defense was way better in 2016. I know this isn't a Ware vs. Hunt thread but their talents and capabilities aren't even in the same stratosphere. Ware is decent and will get the job done, the chiefs really had no choice regardless since Hunt was not going to play in the playoffs anyways so it makes sense they make a PR move but they definitely weren't thinking this wasn't that big of a deal from a production standpoint. The coaching staff is probably dismayed at the downgrade.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:22 am

I don't care about this moralizing sh1t, but everything here is starting to sound like an echo chamber, we need some opposing viewpoints thrown in. From that think Phaded posted about- https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsTalkBa ... 1625310208
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:25 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:04 am To me, if people are wanting to say Hunt should not play again, that stance should be taken on Mixon, Hill etc.
Personally - I do have that stance on those guys.
The only difference is that right now Kareem Hunt (currently) does not have a job.

People need to stop comparing this to what is the law and what is legal or if charges were laid.
You don't need to break the law to get fired and be out of a job.

The woman wanted to lay charges reportedly but the police made it an enormous obstacle.
Big shock with police protecting a celebrity right there.

...also, just throwing fuel on the fire here:
https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/sta ... 1625310208
Not that I disagree, you don't need to break the law to be fired from a job. Typically however, all ethics type of stuff is going to be weighed against the cost benefit of keeping or firing said employee. Its the harsh reality of the world. CEO's get away with a lot more miscondunct that a low level employee because they are simply more valuable to the company and their "conduct" may not cost them as much money to keep him rather than fire them. It's obviously exacerbated in the NFL being in constant media cross hairs but an Elite QB would not have been released for this and an UDFA would have been let go from the team most likely back in February. So no its not like the NFL is some moral bad guy, they are ran by successful business men that do what most businesses do, weigh decisions and situations financially. It's been a long standing stance that businesses have no obligation other than to financially increase the worth to shareholders. This has been a hot debate for the past decade now that business ethics should go much further than that and they have way more moral responsibility but that argument probably falls on deaf hears when talking to old codger business men in their 60s and 70s like most NFL owners.

Also I know that twitter post was just throwing fuel on the fire lol but come on what is tyreek supposed to say? "It's not that bad, I got my boy's back?" considering he's got quite the reputation himself. He's probably thanking God right now some other scandal he's done in the past hasn't resurfaced yet

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:41 am

I wish one of these guys did have the discipline and maturity to walk away when physically attacked by a chick, on video. I am curious to see the court of public opinions reaction to that. It would be something along the lines of, he deserved it or he is bigger than her he can take unsolicited punches to the face, clawing, etc. Now, TMZ would never ever release a video like that, but it would be interesting. Is it a celebrity thing? An enraged football thing where they just see red? It happens every day to "regular folk" who can just walk away or turtle up cuz they know better than to even subdue the assault. What a world we live in.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:49 am

CK_ wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:25 am People saying it isn’t as bad as Mixon?! Are you kidding...
Are you?

Mixon put her in the hospital. She needed reconstructive surgery. He then walks off without a backward glance. Refuses to apologize for a year, until his lawyers forced him to. Did she get in his face, slap him? Yes, after Mixon also threw a slur at her friend. Doesn't alter the fact that Hunt's foe lacked so much as a bruise, and Mixon's had her face literally broken.

It's absurd that I even need to post this.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:50 am

Goddard wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:50 am Mixon and Hill were both punished for what they did, paid their dues, and got a second chance. I think the same should happen to Hunt. What he did was terrible, but who are we to say he should never be forgiven or given a second chance?
That’s all fine and we’ll. I think people need to stop discussing what they think should happen, because that is irrelevant to the discussion. We need to discuss what we think will happen and why, owners can make their own decisions if they want to roster such players.

I think his career in the NFL is done due to today’s climate on these things and meetoo. Rice was at the beginning of a shift in the nation as to how these things were viewed, but the today sensitivity is greater and getting caught on video is damning. I don’t see Hunt getting claimed on waivers, it would make a team look terrible.