Kareem Hunt Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kareem Hunt Video

Postby Titans95 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:53 pm
Titans95 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm This is sensationalized video....TMZ titles it "brutalized woman" is absurd. Hunt shoved a MAN who in turned knocked over the girl. The "kick" was more of a shove. Not defending ever putting hands on a woman but saying she was brutalized or putting this in the same category of ray rice or Joe Mixon is ridiculous. It's not like this woman was cowering in fear, she kept getting in hunt's face and almost looks like she was egging him on.
If a 14-year-old got in my face, it wouldn't matter what they said, I wouldn't start a physical altercation because I'm aware that I'm a lot bigger, a lot stronger, and have a lot more to lose. The level of violence displayed doesn't change that violence was displayed.
I'm not defending his actions and think he messed up really bad. However the level of violence does matter....if you knocked out a 14 year old kid and broke his jaw and left him unconscious you'd be in prison, if you shoved him to the ground then you may be charged with something but not nearly as bad if anything at all.

Obviously the whole situation is unfortunate and Hunt really really messed up but like I said I think the media is sensationalizing a situation. I did not see in any way "brutalizing". I saw a bunch of drunk 20 year olds get into an argument, I saw a female shove her hands in Hunt's face and he lost his cool, I never saw him take a swing at her and when she fell down it looked like it was from Hunt shoving the male in the video who subsequently knocked the girl down. The kick at the end looked more disrespectful than painful
Last edited by Titans95 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Oh lord. The level of pain/violence does not matter. You can't put your hands on a woman. Some of the twisting going on in this thread is so strange. TMZ sensationalized a title for clicks like they always do, but that doesn't make the video less of what it is.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:58 pm
Titans95 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm This is sensationalized video....TMZ titles it "brutalized woman" is absurd. Hunt shoved a MAN who in turned knocked over the girl. The "kick" was more of a shove. Not defending ever putting hands on a woman but saying she was brutalized or putting this in the same category of ray rice or Joe Mixon is ridiculous. It's not like this woman was cowering in fear, she kept getting in hunt's face and almost looks like she was egging him on.
Key thing to remember in the Rice/Mixon videos: Nobody was restraining them. Imagine how different this video is if it's just Hunt and the girl. Based on Hunt's actions, it could've emulated the Rice video. It doesn't matter that she was egging him on or if she was using racial slurs. You can't put your hands on her.

If you're a professional athlete, you have to know when to walk away.
I agree with everything you said but that is still just speculation on our parts, I don't think its fair to say for certain what he would have done or not done if others weren't there. Regardless I think he should've known to turn around the second it got heated but unfortunately too few 23 year old super star athletes are mature enough to handle that and clearly Hunt isn't one of them.

Great Athlete and seems like a decent guy, I think he deserves to be punished but think it would be a shame and just a PR move from the NFL if this completely ruins his career

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Titans95 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:03 pm
Key thing to remember in the Rice/Mixon videos: Nobody was restraining them. Imagine how different this video is if it's just Hunt and the girl. Based on Hunt's actions, it could've emulated the Rice video. It doesn't matter that she was egging him on or if she was using racial slurs. You can't put your hands on her.

I agree with everything you said but that is still just speculation on our parts, I don't think its fair to say for certain what he would have done or not done if others weren't there. Regardless I think he should've known to turn around the second it got heated but unfortunately too few 23 year old super star athletes are mature enough to handle that and clearly Hunt isn't one of them.

Great Athlete and seems like a decent guy, I think he deserves to be punished but think it would be a shame and just a PR move from the NFL if this completely ruins his career
It would be deserving if Hunt never plays another down in the NFL. Playing professional football is a privilege, not a right. His career is the least important aspect of this situation. He relentlessly pursued a physical altercation with a woman.

I think he will play again, but that's the problem. The NFL doesn't care about this stuff. They care about $$$ and wins.

gsdguy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gsdguy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:17 pm

A key part in this, for me at least, is her allegation that Hunt was throwing her out of the room for refusing to have sex with one of his friends. This unacceptable behavior justifies anything she may have said to him. The release of Hunt is in keeping with the #metoo when considering this information.
12 Team, Dynasty PPR, 25-Roster, 1QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

izekial
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby izekial » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:18 pm

the NFL doesnt care about the act, or players like Mixon and Hill would never have been drafted. they care about the media reaction.
12 team, standard scoring. 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/te flex

QB-stafford, Luck
RB- K Hunt, A. Kamara, S Michel
WR- Beckham, A THielen, Julio Jones, S Watkins, C Davis, G Tate, C Coleman, Mike Williams, Cooper Kupp, Trey Quinn, C sutton
TE- Njoku, Gesicki, Goedart

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:23 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Cameron Giles last few posts were spot on. :thumbup:

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:29 pm

I don't think the degree of what he did is the problem here. It's the utter lack of control on display that would be most concerning for me as the chiefs. After lying about the situation and his recklessness in the video and altercation with the guy he just can't be trusted to represent the team or the NFL. I think it's game over for hunt. It's been a good two years but good riddance
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:36 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:29 pm I don't think the degree of what he did is the problem here. It's the utter lack of control on display that would be most concerning for me as the chiefs. After lying about the situation and his recklessness in the video and altercation with the guy he just can't be trusted to represent the team or the NFL. I think it's game over for hunt. It's been a good two years but good riddance
I don't think it is. I think someone will pick him up, but I think any big payday after his rookie deal will be tough to get.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:36 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:29 pm I don't think the degree of what he did is the problem here. It's the utter lack of control on display that would be most concerning for me as the chiefs. After lying about the situation and his recklessness in the video and altercation with the guy he just can't be trusted to represent the team or the NFL. I think it's game over for hunt. It's been a good two years but good riddance

I don't think it is. I think someone will pick him up, but I think any big payday after his rookie deal will be tough to get.
I definitely think it's up in the air if he gets a chance. I think the NFL may try to convince the world they aren't going to tolerate this but who knows. However, if he does sign with another team and performs as well as he has and has zero hiccups the next 2 years then I don't think his FA contract will be that different than what it would've been. People have short memories. Tyreek is about to be one of the highest paid receivers in the league not many years after strangling a pregnant woman.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:43 pm

If you own Hunt what would you trade him for right now?
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 pm

I really am shocked at a few thinking Hunt got a raw deal here. First, as others have said, the claim (and yes, it's only claim) is Hunt kicked her out of his room after refusing to sleep with his friend. But, let's disregard this as its only a claim. However, if you think that claim should be disregarded but are on here saying racial slurs provoked him, well, that's insanely hypocritical as those are also claims. And, they are claims by what appear to be complete liars based on their interview at the hotel (the police body cam interview).

Next, from what I saw in the video, Hunt was the initial aggressor by shoving her...and then when she stepped back towards him, he continued trying to go after her. So, whether she provoked him or not, to go straight to a physical altercation just because someone said something you didn't like is not acceptable. Again, we are speculating she said something he didnt like...for all we know he just decided to go after her for whatever reason.

Finally, on a separate police body cam interview, Hunt goes along with a clear lie to the police that he was sleeping during this whole thing...and then, according to the Chiefs, he lied to them.

Zero lack of control, zero display of truthfulness and character. He deserves zero sympathay.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:52 pm

I absolutely disagree that Hunt is done. He will get a 2nd chance, and most likely will shine (although he probably won’t be a weekly RB1 anymore). Now, when will he get that chance? Probably not for another 6-12 months. But he will play again.

Ray Rice was declining steeply as a player, Hunt is just getting started in terms of production on the football field.

If I owned him and wanted to wash my hands, I would sell for a future First and Second. I think you can get that deal done in many leagues.

If you are rebuilding and want to take a shot on him, I would pay a 2nd VERY easily
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

izekial
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby izekial » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:55 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 pm I really am shocked at a few thinking Hunt got a raw deal here. First, as others have said, the claim (and yes, it's only claim) is Hunt kicked her out of his room after refusing to sleep with his friend. But, let's disregard this as its only a claim. However, if you think that claim should be disregarded but are on here saying racial slurs provoked him, well, that's insanely hypocritical as those are also claims. And, they are claims by what appear to be complete liars based on their interview at the hotel (the police body cam interview).

Next, from what I saw in the video, Hunt was the initial aggressor by shoving her...and then when she stepped back towards him, he continued trying to go after her. So, whether she provoked him or not, to go straight to a physical altercation just because someone said something you didn't like is not acceptable. Again, we are speculating she said something he didnt like...for all we know he just decided to go after her for whatever reason.

Finally, on a separate police body cam interview, Hunt goes along with a clear lie to the police that he was sleeping during this whole thing...and then, according to the Chiefs, he lied to them.

Zero lack of control, zero display of truthfulness and character. He deserves zero sympathay.
i dont think he got a raw deal, but i also dont think he "brutalized" that woman, and i think the NFL is reacting to the media reaction, than anything Hunt actually did in the video.

Hunt was completely out of control for whatever reason and things very well could have gotten much worse if he wasnt held back.
12 team, standard scoring. 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/te flex

QB-stafford, Luck
RB- K Hunt, A. Kamara, S Michel
WR- Beckham, A THielen, Julio Jones, S Watkins, C Davis, G Tate, C Coleman, Mike Williams, Cooper Kupp, Trey Quinn, C sutton
TE- Njoku, Gesicki, Goedart