HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Lol. yeah, as far as the long post thing goes... if I poke a vein, its tough to stop the bleeding. I get passionate about a few things or if I get on a roll, or otherwise feel as if I'm just not getting through.... well, posts can get lengthy. I do try to keep em short.... But, I am a high school & college teacher, and sometimes that part of explaining things, ideas, concepts, or thoughts too much, comes out and trickles into discussions about fantasy football / among other (off topic) discussions.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:59 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:02 pm Not a huge deal really. Man... my season in our HOF league has been just gross... I struggle with rebuilds. It's tough to stay the course. Its tough to not get a bit discouraged. The offer was just discouraging to see considering the projected value of the pick offered. I wouldn't post anything about who or what specifically was discussed out of respect. But, the offers were light. One was essentially a late to very late projected 2019 2nd straight up for R.Woods. So, yeah, one would think in our league, that offer was deliberately light right? It isn't as if people in our league are disconnected or under-informed, so there is that. The other two discussions were closer in my opinion. Just differing opinions on prospects vs production.
Hands up that was me who countered, and I thought I added a note saying who did I need to add! Simply a counter to get discussions going. Did not mean to cause offense.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Nope. It wasn't you I was overly concerned with Dook. I wasn't offended really at all by our dialogue. lol. I thought you were reasonable, or at least somewhat reasonable. I offered you Woods for C.Davis for your playoff push as I see you need help at wr. You countered with an offer of a future 1st and 2nd, which imo isn't enough but, it isn't insulting either. Since the picks project to be quite late in a 16 team league, I'm sure you understand my thoughts and my decline. In my opinion, R.Woods is worth more than C.Davis. But, I wouldn't fault someone who drafted Davis to feel otherwise. Sometimes that happens. My issue wasn't with our back and forth, even though I thought the late 1st and late 2nd were light, it was more with the single future 2nd projected to be toward the end of the 2nd in a 16 team league. Offers like that (often times referred to as conversation starters) don't work all that well with me. In this league, i consider offers like that blatantly offensive or over the top lazy. If you are serious, I'm of the mind set that you just make an offer that is mutually beneficial and ... well, serious. Who, i'm legitimately curious, would take a stance that R.Woods is equal in value to a rookie draftable in the 28-32 range from the 2019 class? It is possible that an electronic issue took place or some other type of life issue, preventing him from adding pieces to an offer, or, perhaps there was some adult beverages being imbibed.

Either way, amusing, and not the end of the world. Keeps things interesting for me at least. I just figured since I'm not competing and... my team sucks, I can't add a ton to our league convo with much else at this point in time. I'm hoping my team sucks bad enough to earn a top 5 pick... That's where I'm at. Depressing.
Last edited by Jfever on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:50 pm

I find Dookmariot to be quite reasonable - we simply disagree at times on player valuations. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Was editing for clarity sake ^ while you posted ArryIT.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Cameron Giles mentioned this in a DJ Moore vs. Robert Woods thread:
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:20 pm Woods is definitely for real at this point. When you watch him, his route running sticks out like crazy. He's winning all over the field and has become a safety blanket for Goff.

I understand wanting Moore because of his age and he's a hell of a talent too. But, Woods has a high floor in one of the best offenses in the league and is a much improved route runner too. I think the stigma of Woods being a relative disappointment for a while is still wearing off.

Right now, these players are on pace for:

Player X (26 years old): 88/1331/5
Player Y (26 years old): 99/1242/5

One is Keenan Allen and the other is Robert Woods.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Tyreek'd!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:02 am

Week XI DLF HOF Results

Seventy5 170.00 TitusYoungsLawyer 51.55

Seventy5 put up 170 while getting a zero at a position while TYL put up 51 in part because he got almost 3 zeroes. & Burton. That is probably all you need to know to guess the respective strengths of each team ...

thebeast 136.85 maxhyde 91.55

thebeast was hungry for a win and so were many of his players. They roared so loud that many of maxhydes players felt like hiding - or at least their production suggested they were barely there ...

sloth8u 126.40 Plank 120.70

It takes an owner supreme confidence in their team or total disregard for their opponent to go in without a QB - and Plank could have started a QB if he had wanted to - but chose not to. However whether it was confidence or arrogance this backfired as sloth8us team got so upset at the lack of respect shown that they turned Chris Conley into a WR1 to ensure they could teach Plank how to walk the plank!

steeveb 107.55 Dookmariot 86.35

Normally having to start a backup QB, and choosing not to add an RB to ensure a full lineup would bite an owner in the rear. However his opponent possibly had a bad case of Dookmariotis (fear of winning) and that with a dose of Tyreek & the unbenching of Winston meant a game steeveb had no business winning turned into a result with key playoff implications.

Jules 103.40 nation31 77.60

Going into MNF and having a result where teams combined for 100+ points most owners would assume that Gurley feasted. However Gurley was one of the few who did not feast, and Jules rode Aaron Jones Gurley impression to victory.

DLF_JaronF 165.40 JFever 56.60

Did you ever watch the movie Dave with Kevin Kline and Frank Langella? Do you remember the scene where Langellas character is trying to start his run as a Presidential candidate and by the end of the scene his fans/supporters have completely deserted him? Well that is what the remnants of JFevermania look like unfortunately.

ArrylT 65.85 ericanadian 58.90

ArrylT enjoys a bit of payback for the defeat suffered week I and gets the distinction of the owner who made ericanadian the first ever DLF owner to lose 10+ games in back-2-back seasons.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:17 am

DLF HOF Standings Update*

Name - W/L Record - Victory Points** - Points Scored - Points Allowed

Blue

DLF_JaronF - 7-4 - 28 - 1383.45 - 1073.70
JFever - 4-7 - 12 - 903.70 - 1156.20
ArrylT - 2-9 - 7 - 904.25 - 1156.30
ericanadian - 1-10 - 2 - 729.85 - 1175.60

Black

nation31 - 7-4 - 29 - 1338.70 - 1156.45
steeveb - 7-4 - 28 - 1285.05 - 1075.30
Dookmariot - 7-4 - 27 - 1196.20 - 980.90
Jules - 5-6 - 19 - 1048.20 - 11298.95

White

Plank - 8-3 - 35 - 1557.50 - 1281.70
thebeast - 7-4 - 29 - 1284.15 - 1187.80
maxhyde - 5-6 - 21 - 1098.90 - 1331.65
sloth8u - 2-9 - 8 - 887.45 - 1296.65

Green

Seventy5 - 11-0 - 42 - 1636.85 - 1030.75
auggiedoggies - 7-4 - 31 - 1400.35 - 1231.40
knotts4372 - 4-7 - 17 - 1107.75 - 1238.40
TitusYoungsLawyer - 4-7 - 17 - 1085.05 - 1276.05

* - this close to the playoffs you can expect weekly updates rather than bi-weekly.

** - victory points in bold
Last edited by ArrylT on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:17 am

JFever wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:01 am Received a couple interesting / disappointing offers for Robert Woods recently. Interesting in that I think people love discounts when buying but not when selling..... Robert Woods continues to be a top 10 ish producing dynasty wr at 26 years old that is currently out producing TY Hilton, AJG, B.Cooks, Keenan Allen, ---- but the offers sent out for him seem to hint that people value him as a 30-32 year old on an average offense, without Gurley, and without Goff..... Do non owners not realize the consistency he brings? Or, perhaps they do and just don't want to pay for it? I expect more from this league / this group of owners. Am I wrong?

In a league made up of a group of owners that are well informed and highly active.

I Dont Get it !
Whats not to get? Woods is just one of those players whose production value is always going to outweigh his trade value? Always guys like that out there because there are always the opposite guys whose trade value far exceeds their production value like CDavis and Amari. A late 1st for Woods is about as good as you can expect imo. Never seen a Woods deal in any league where he is returning more. You can try for better but Woods is not ever going to be considered a WR1 even if he produces like one at times like an Eric Decker or a Golden Tate. No one that has a mid-1st (missing the playoffs most cases) is likely to give it up for 26yr old WR when the draft is months away and that pick values increases
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:33 am

The Race to the Playoffs: 1.01 Hunt

Rookie Draft order will be based on the reverse order of Total Potential Points from the previous season for all non-Championship Playoff teams. Championship Playoff teams will be seeded according to end of year finish from the previous season.

Current Total Potential Points from worst to 1st

ericanadian - 899.35
ArrylT - 992.45
JFever - 1139.35
sloth8u - 1149.75
knotts4372 - 1237.65
TitusYoungsLawyer - 1272.70
maxhyde - 1319.80
Jules - 1348.70
Dookmariot - 1448.75
thebeast - 1464.90
nation31 - 1515.05
steeveb - 1517.00
auggiedoggies - 1599.10
DLF_JaronF - 1609.10
Plank - 1763.70
Seventy5 - 1986.05

As shown above the 1.01 race is for ericanadian to lose. Unfortunately for ericanadian he no longer owns his 1.01 - rather Jules does. ericanadian owns 3 1sts but none of them are likely to be top 6 picks (Jules, Seventy5 & nation31).

The real race is for 1.02 / 1.03. Most dynasty owners worth their salt know that even in strong classes - which 2019 is yet to be known - that after the top 3 the odds of a blue chip prospect decrease. Will any one be able to catch JFever or ArrylT for one of those picks?

1st Round Draft Pick ownership:

ericanadian - Jules, Seventy5 & nation31
ArrylT - ArrylT
JFever - JFever & steeveb
sloth8u - sloth8u
knotts4372 - knotts4372
TitusYoungsLawyer - NONE
maxhyde - maxhyde & TYL
Jules - ericanadian & thebeast
Dookmariot - Dookmariot
thebeast - NONE
nation31 - NONE
steeveb - NONE
auggiedoggies - auggiedoggies
DLF_JaronF - DLF_JaronF
Plank - Plank
Seventy5 - NONE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:42 am

The Race to the Playoffs: Divisional Titles

Championship Playoffs
A total of 6 teams will make the playoffs each season.
4 Division Winners
2 Wild Card teams
Wild Card teams will consist of the top remaining team from each Conference, regardless of Division.

Blue:

JaronF wins his second straight Division title in only his 2nd year in the league - giving extra credence as to why he is one of the greatest DLF Writers / Dynasty Experts of all time

Black:

Any of nation31, Dookmariot & steeveb can still clinch. steeveb did not get affected by a scoring adjustment last week & wins a crucial matchup this week - keeping the Divisional title in play for 3 teams with 2 games to go.

White:

thebeasts dream scenario came to play this week as Plank only got 1 VP while thebeast got 4. However with a 6 point lead Plank needs to score merely 1 VP in the next 2 weeks to clinch while thebeast needs to get 6-7-8 of 8 possible VPs (depending on tiebreakers).

Green:

Seventy5 can bench his players for the rest of the season and he'll still have the division (11 point lead) & #1 seed locked up (7 point lead). Not sure what effect resting your fantasy players has on fantasy playoffs - but it doesnt always work for NFL Teams so my guess is Seventy5 will use these next 2 weeks to fine tune his lineups.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:51 am

The Race to the Playoffs: Wild Cards

Top 2 non Divisional Leaders earn WCs

Seventy5 - 42 - Clinched Green Division
Plank - 35 - Divisional leader - will clinch WC at worst
auggiedoggies - 31 - Currently Holds WC 1 spot
nation31 - 29 - Divisional leader
thebeast - 29 - Currently Holds WC 2 Spot
DLF_JaronF - 28 - Clinched Blue Division
steeveb - 28
Dookmariot - 27

Eliminated from WC Contention:

maxhyde - 21
Jules - 19
TitusYoungsLawyer - 17
knotts4372 - 17
JFever - 12
sloth8u - 8
ArrylT - 7
ericanadian - 2

Remaining matchups with Playoff implications:

Week XII

Dookmariot vs. nation31
Jules vs. steeveb
maxhyde vs. Plank
sloth8u vs. thebeast
auggiedoggies vs. TitusYoungsLawyer

Week XIII

steeveb vs. nation31
Jules vs. Dookmariot
thebeast vs. Plank
Seventy5 vs. auggiedoggies

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Two trades occur in the days before todays deadline:

nation31 / KNOTTS4372 Trade

nation31 gave up Humphries, Adam TBB WR
KNOTTS4372 gave up Gore, Frank MIA RB
Wed Nov 21 4:27:53 p.m. ET 2018

2. sloth8u / nation31 Trade

sloth8u gave up Goff, Jared LAR QB
nation31 gave up Darnold, Sam NYJ QB;Foreman, D'Onta HOU RB;Powell, Brandon DET WR; Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from nation31;Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick from nation31

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Final Trade Tally:

Trade totals by owner (so far) in 2018:

ericanadian - 10
ArrylT - 7
Jules - 7
thebeast - 7
JFever - 6
Dookmariot - 5
Steeveb - 5
dlf_jaronf - 4
Seventy5 - 4
maxhyde - 3
Plank - 3
nation31 - 3
KNOTTS4372 - 3
TitusYoungsLawyer - 2
sloth8u - 1
auggiedoggies - 0