James Conner

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JayZ525
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Conner dynasty value

Postby JayZ525 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 am

Just sold Conner and my 2020 2nd for a 2019 1st and 2020 1st (both middle projected).
I have a lot of rb depth, and was too easy to cash out while only investing a 4th round pick in him.
10 team, 2 qb, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (7 qb roster max):
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Prescott, M. Stafford, M. Mariotta
RB: T. Gurley, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, K. Johnson, M. Sanders, M. Ingram, I. Smith, J. Jackson, S. Ware, C. Grant, C. Warren, Dex. Williams
WR: M. Evans, K. Allen, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Sutton, D. Jackson, D. Funchess, D Hamilton, JJAW, Tay. Taylor, T. Quinn
TE: Z. Ertz, OJ Howard, D. Goedert, M. Andrews
DEF: Minnesota

2020 Picks 1,3,4

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:53 am

JayZ525 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 am Just sold Conner and my 2020 2nd for a 2019 1st and 2020 1st (both middle projected).
I have a lot of rb depth, and was too easy to cash out while only investing a 4th round pick in him.
IDK if I would have done that tbh

only because I'm high on Connor.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:11 am

JayZ525 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:50 am Just sold Conner and my 2020 2nd for a 2019 1st and 2020 1st (both middle projected).
Good trade

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:18 am

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... tions-more

How does Bell become an unrestricted free agent?

If the Steelers do not place the franchise or transition tag on him this offseason, Bell will become an unrestricted free agent at the start of the new league year in March. That is the case whether he plays seven or zero games this season.

Why is that the case?

Bell is in his sixth NFL season. He has more than played out his four-year rookie contract. Once he isn't under the restriction of a tag, he's open for business. And that's his goal.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:25 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:18 am http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... tions-more

If the Steelers do not place the franchise or transition tag on him this offseason, Bell will become an unrestricted free agent at the start of the new league year in March. That is the case whether he plays seven or zero games this season.

Why is that the case?

Bell is in his sixth NFL season. He has more than played out his four-year rookie contract. Once he isn't under the restriction of a tag, he's open for business. And that's his goal.
Two questions on this:
1. If he doesn't play this year can't they franchise him again as a 2nd franchise tag or would it have to be a 3rd franchise tag?
2. Is there any scenario where if they can't or choose not to franchise him again that they don't transition tag him?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:33 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:25 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:18 am http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... tions-more

Why is that the case?

Two questions on this:
1. If he doesn't play this year can't they franchise him again as a 2nd franchise tag or would it have to be a 3rd franchise tag?
2. Is there any scenario where if they can't or choose not to franchise him again that they don't transition tag him?
If he doesn't sign this year, Pittsburgh could tag him for the same amount as this year (14.5) and essentially control where he goes. They could tag him and say we'll only trade you to these teams (if you sign your tender) or you don't play at all. It would prevent him from going to a division or conference foe, which is smart. If anything, this is the big reason why Bell should sign next week. Otherwise, they are screwed.

If he plays, then they would have to use a QB franchise tender to tag him a 3rd time. That amount is worth $25M, so that's not happening. The transition tag could happen but it's meaningless. They'd have no incentive to match a contract from him.

On paper, the most logical scenario is that Bell reports next Tuesday, signs his tender and leaves in free agency without any sort of tag. Similar to Kirk Cousins last year.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:33 am

Why is that the case?

Two questions on this:
If he doesn't sign this year, Pittsburgh could tag him for the same amount as this year (14.5) and essentially control where he goes. They could tag him and say we'll only trade you to these teams (if you sign your tender) or you don't play at all. It would prevent him from going to a division or conference foe, which is smart. If anything, this is the big reason why Bell should sign next week. Otherwise, they are screwed.

If he plays, then they would have to use a QB franchise tender to tag him a 3rd time. That amount is worth $25M, so that's not happening. The transition tag could happen but it's meaningless. They'd have no incentive to match a contract from him.

On paper, the most logical scenario is that Bell reports next Tuesday, signs his tender and leaves in free agency without any sort of tag. Similar to Kirk Cousins last year.
Rumour is both parties are happy to just part ways at the end of the year regardless of whether he plays any games this year, I'm intrigued to how this plays out, I also think 2 franchise tags in a row is rediculous and needs to go, 1 is enough.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:02 pm

I personally wouldn't have done this deal. Far more mid round 1st round draft picks bust than people like to remember. In my opinion Conner is more likely to retain RB1 type production than 2 future no name,no team (at the moment)1st round rookie picks. But, 2 firsts is reasonable and, like you stated, you have rb depth to spare. I prob would have dealt a diff rb for an even better return.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:31 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:33 am

Why is that the case?

Two questions on this:

Thanks! Just saw this on rotoworld though, seems like the would have to franchise him at a higher rate next year whether he plays this year or not. If that's the case I think he just sits out the year.
Bell tweeted Monday he was leaving his training spot in Miami. There were rumblings he planned to sign his franchise tag this week, but there's now a chance he sits out all season. Bell counts as a third-year franchise player in 2019 even if he doesn't sign, so his $25 million tag number will prevent the Steelers from franchising him again in the offseason. Bell will forfeit his remaining $6.84 million salary if he doesn't report before next week.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 pm

I just offered 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, and Antonio Callaway for Conner for the team in my sig to make a playoff run. Lots of risk in his situation, but could payoff big time. And it would in no way cripple my team in the present or future if it didn’t work out.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 pm I just offered 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, and Antonio Callaway for Conner for the team in my sig to make a playoff run. Lots of risk in his situation, but could payoff big time. And it would in no way cripple my team in the present or future if it didn’t work out.
You're gonna get yelled at for that offer here. Fair warning

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:31 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 pm I just offered 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, and Antonio Callaway for Conner for the team in my sig to make a playoff run. Lots of risk in his situation, but could payoff big time. And it would in no way cripple my team in the present or future if it didn’t work out.
What they think that’s too high a price?
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:51 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:31 pm
What they think that’s too high a price?
I dont know why he said you would get yelled at. But no way that buys you Conner in dynasty. If that 2019 first isnt early, you're not even going to get a counter offer.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:01 pm

I traded Connor and Duke Johnson for Joe Williams during that draft that year because Shanahan was pounding the table......... :doh:
Nauseating

No more rookie fever for me

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Samuel's getting a fair few carries today.... I'm not worried about Conner as he's apparently fine and standing on the sideline, maybe they want to see what they have in their backups.