General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: What to do with ARob

Postby Valhalla » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:37 am

Wrote this following week 3
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=171504&start=15

“29- Play action bullet pass to the first down line to ARob over the middle and oh my the defense almost had that one. I’m not sure why the heck ARob is falling AWAY from that ball other than to get a head start to the endzone. Gotta come back to that and win the battle for the ball first, ARob. Side note in this…I could honestly see Gabriel becoming the more trusted target over the middle and on contested balls (not deep or jump, but comeback routes) simply because he’s been doing it and ARob hasn’t, and it’s the difference between those bullets being completed a hair before the defense arrives, and a potential pick. Pull it together, ARob! Is he more like Dez than we’ve given him credit? Quite similar athletically, great at the sidelines and with jump balls, but not to be trusted over the middle to come back to the ball. Maybe not…but it’s worth watching for you ARob owners.“

That was a ONE GAME sample size, and I haven’t had the time to watch much of the Bears...so it might just be that I caught an off game...but Gabriel was running better routes and positioning himself better for the ball than Robinson was. Maybe this wasn’t a blip? Maybe Robinson’s reputation for a “reliable deep route AND possession wr” is all wrong. It certainly is if he tends to turn upfield often before claiming the ball as his. Think Boldin played that way at the reception point?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:44 am

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality here. In what world does it make sense to drop Allen Robinson instead of Elijah McGuire, Ito Smith, MVS, and to a lesser extent guys like Kirk/Golladay/Kupp? Heck I'd drop my kicker or defense and hurt my lineup before I let a guy like ARob go for free.

Lotto, yours isn't as crazy because it's redraft, but still. You must have really thin rosters or something.

Maybe I'm just an owner in denial here, who knows?

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:49 am

It's a fairly shallow non PPR. 6.5ppg, good for WR53

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:52 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:44 am I feel like I'm in an alternate reality here. In what world does it make sense to drop Allen Robinson instead of Elijah McGuire, Ito Smith, MVS, and to a lesser extent guys like Kirk/Golladay/Kupp? Heck I'd drop my kicker or defense and hurt my lineup before I let a guy like ARob go for free.

Lotto, yours isn't as crazy because it's redraft, but still. You must have really thin rosters or something.

ARob had one really outstanding season which he followed up with a complete dud. Not worried about his injured season as that can happen to anybody, but he's now picking back up with another dud. With shallow rosters and some solid starters, I'd rather take a chance on some promising young guys than hold onto what was, once.

And looking at the short-term, what-have-you-done-lately, ARob is currently WR60 in my non-PPR.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:06 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:44 am I feel like I'm in an alternate reality here. In what world does it make sense to drop Allen Robinson instead of Elijah McGuire, Ito Smith, MVS, and to a lesser extent guys like Kirk/Golladay/Kupp? Heck I'd drop my kicker or defense and hurt my lineup before I let a guy like ARob go for free.

Right. I think he still holds value, more than Eli or Ito... geez. Maybe hes done but at least get a 3rd for him lol

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am

JJRules wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:52 am

ARob had one really outstanding season which he followed up with a complete dud. Not worried about his injured season as that can happen to anybody, but he's now picking back up with another dud. With shallow rosters and some solid starters, I'd rather take a chance on some promising young guys than hold onto what was, once.

And looking at the short-term, what-have-you-done-lately, ARob is currently WR60 in my non-PPR.
He's had a bye, missed a game due to injury, and played injured another week. WR60 is not representative of his healthy production in Chicago, and you're just trying to justify your move by using that. He's been a high-end WR3 when healthy.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:45 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:49 am It's a fairly shallow non PPR. 6.5ppg, good for WR53
Look at his numbers from Weeks 1-6 before the Week 7 injury. In PPR he was a high-end WR3, not sure about non-PPR.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:58 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am

He's had a bye, missed a game due to injury, and played injured another week. WR60 is not representative of his healthy production in Chicago, and you're just trying to justify your move by using that. He's been a high-end WR3 when healthy.
Before ARob went down he was WR46, which is a mid-range WR4 in a 10-team league. Kupp has missed two and a half games to injury and is still WR21, so missed time isn't an excuse here.

Hold onto 2015 for as long you'd like, but the fact is that ARob simply hasn't produced outside of that one season. In a shallow league he's kinda just dead weight.

D/ST:

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 am

JJRules wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:58 am
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am

Before ARob went down he was WR46, which is a mid-range WR4 in a 10-team league. Kupp has missed two and a half games to injury and is still WR21, so missed time isn't an excuse here.

Hold onto 2015 for as long you'd like, but the fact is that ARob simply hasn't produced outside of that one season. In a shallow league he's kinda just dead weight.
Edit: I'm looking at the numbers wrong on my phone. I'll have to re-visit at my computer.

Either way, go back and get ARob and drop Ito Smith.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:19 am

Last edited by JJRules on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

D/ST:

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:21 am

Bah, edited while I was quoting ;)

Either way, for all the love the guy gets here, I don't consider "...but he's a WR3!" to be a remotely compelling argument for holding onto him. He's shitting the bed again and I'm done lying in it.

D/ST:

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:53 am

As a Bears fan I've watched almost every snap of his and while he hasn't produced at the level I was hoping, I don't place all of the blame on him. Sure, he's had his mistakes, but Trubisky's numbers are not painting a full picture. Most of his passing yards are to RB's and TE's. He has struggled to hit his WR's when they have been open. Both under and over throwing them. I'm not trying to make excuses for ARob but I would give him the year before getting rid of him. Trubisky is looking better and more comfortable as the year is going on but Nagy is doing a great job hiding his down field deficiency right now with a bunch of run pass options and short throws to the RB/TE's. Is Trubs better than Bortles? Of course! Is he better for WR's? Not through the first 8 games of the season. Regardless, this is an offense I'd be trying to buy into right now, not sell off.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am

Received offer of ARob and a 2019 2nd for Mike Evans last week.

Instant decline. Not much thought about it either. I think the difference between Evans and Arob is much more than a 2nd round pick. I countered with ARob, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd for M.Evans. And he declined, no counter. So... There is that. I'm happy with Evans as my #3 wr.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:16 am

JJRules wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:21 am Bah, edited while I was quoting ;)

Either way, for all the love the guy gets here, I don't consider "...but he's a WR3!" to be a remotely compelling argument for holding onto him. He's shitting the bed again and I'm done lying in it.
So what's the justification for holding Ito Smith or Elijah McGuire over him?

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:37 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:16 am So what's the justification for holding Ito Smith or Elijah McGuire over him?
JJRules wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:52 am I'd rather take a chance on some promising young guys than hold onto what was, once.
It could obviously be argued whether or not Ito or Eli should be considered "promising", but I feel that they are.

D/ST: