Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Nick Chubb = Studd

Postby Meretc01 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Has anyone forgot how much Hyde has been hindered by injuries for most of his career? I expect Chubb to get a shot sooner rather than later... the best ability is availability and he has not been available.
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:18 am

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:59 pm As for his perceived inability to catch. That is simply not true. He caught a relatively large amount for georgia his freshman year then they gave those duties to the new freshman. Even gurley's numbers are like this, they decreased as he aged. Seems to be how georgia likes to do it, they're between the tackle bellcows dont get balls thrown their way. No idea why. HE CAN CATCH BALLS.

As for hyde I personally love the way they are using him as a true old school bell cow. This means that when(not if) chubb eventually wrestles the job due to ability or injury he will get 80% of the rushes like hyde is. This seems to be the philosophy they run which bodes well for chubbs dynasty value.

I predict by week 10 or 11 the job will be fully chubbs and he will being drafted top 5 in dynasty start ups next year. Hyde will stay on as the change of pace guy.
Completely agree with everything except the prediction that he'll be top 5 in start ups. That is bold. I love it. But it's too bold for my taste. I could see him being in the 10-20 range in dynasty start ups though going into next year and then if he plays like I think he will, he could elevate to a top 10 guy. But, we shall see.

What you say about their dedication to the workload for Hyde is spot on. I've been thinking the same thing. They want a "Bell-cow" RB in that offense just like the Steelers. That's the OC's MO. And Chubb is going to fit that perfectly. He's big, elusive, has speed, can run you over or make you miss...and yes, Chubb can catch the ball.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:37 am

No one has mentioned pass pro. Apart from justifying the nice contract they gave Hyde, could that be the edge so far between Chubb and Hyde? Keeping the pressure off of Baker is huge at this stage...

Asking, not suggesting anything as I haven't watched tape of his to evaluate his pass protection...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:44 am

On the flip side, a Hyde owner just sent me an offer of Give my 19 first and second, Get Hyde. Earlier this year the owner asked for 2 firsts or a first and Mayfield (SPFLX) so I guess the price came down a bit.
Anyway, Chubb's stats look good and I think he is good but I also believe Hyde holds onto the RB1 spot unless/until Chubb proves he can pass protect.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:19 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:37 am No one has mentioned pass pro. Apart from justifying the nice contract they gave Hyde, could that be the edge so far between Chubb and Hyde? Keeping the pressure off of Baker is huge at this stage...

Asking, not suggesting anything as I haven't watched tape of his to evaluate his pass protection...
Yes, I have no doubt that Hyde is better in pass protection than Chubb. Most veteran RB's are better at that than rookies. So, it's quite likely this is playing a part in that. Chubb is big, strong and athletic though, with incredible vision. I have no doubt that he'll pick things up in that regard.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Top 5 might be a bit of a stretch I agree. But I could see the RBS going something like..

Gurley
Barkley
Bell
Zeke
Kamara
Mcaffeey
DJ
Gordon
Hunt
CHUBB
Fournett
Cook
Mixon
Howard
Michel
Karryon
Etc...

So 10th. Hes already ranked 17th dynasty RB on some sites
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

trc
Captain
Captain

Price check - Chubb

Postby trc » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:16 am

It seems like there is different opinions on this guy.
Had me wondering where you would put Chubb in terms of future rookiepicks (fair value).

Context 12 team 0.5ppr, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Re: Price check - Chubb

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

If we are talking 2019 1st round picks, you won't find a RB near his talent in the mid 1st or later. So, at a minimum I would need an early 1st to move him. And as an owner, I'd rather hold than roll the dice again next draft. But, that's about the value I'd expect to receive and depending upon my team I'd entertain the offer.

Asking for two 1st round picks at this time just isn't realistic. It could be by the end of the season if Chubb can rest away some more carries. But at this time, it's not in my opinion.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:44 am

His value is going to be all over the map. I personally wouldn’t trade him for a 1st next year... and even the 1.01 1st next year at this point may not do it. Some of that has to do with my team’s makeup (he may soon be my best RB), so that pushes his value higher for me than maybe for others

It will be interesting to see how he plays out in the next 12 months. He could be one of the biggest ADP movers in that timeframe as anyone else in the league.

Someone approached me and asked for 2 1sts and Chubb for DJ. I told him that at this time next year Chubb could be closer to DJ’s value than you might think (DJ will be 27 and is currently operating in the worst offense in the NFL).
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 am

I got Chubb in the 2nd and am pumped about it. He will have another full year to heal, learn the offense, and in 2019 will be paired with. Young QB and a solid receiving Corp. best case they get rid of Hugh and Hyde and he’s potentially a top 10 RB. No way you sell that for a 1st.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:53 am

Owners won't sell for less than a projected early first and may not sell for 1 first alone. Why should they? There are no top end RBs projected from this class and Chubb has done enough in limited touches to get people excited about the long term. It might be wise to move him now before volume inevitably lowers his efficiency, but a mid first from next year likely isn't enough return to mitigate the loss of his upside.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:59 am

Early first. I'd say he's arguably the 1.01 next year. I traded for him for 2 future random firsts that looked to be mid/late, and now both look early, and I'm OK with it vs next years current class, and the lack of RB's I am seeing in it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:00 am

KCLep20 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 am I got Chubb in the 2nd and am pumped about it. He will have another full year to heal, learn the offense, and in 2019 will be paired with. Young QB and a solid receiving Corp. best case they get rid of Hugh and Hyde and he’s potentially a top 10 RB. No way you sell that for a 1st.
MOFUGGA AINT HEALING!!!! HE HURT HIS KNEE OVER 2 YEARS AGO
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:17 am

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:53 am Owners won't sell for less than a projected early first and may not sell for 1 first alone. Why should they? There are no top end RBs projected from this class and Chubb has done enough in limited touches to get people excited about the long term. It might be wise to move him now before volume inevitably lowers his efficiency, but a mid first from next year likely isn't enough return to mitigate the loss of his upside.
Exactly this. I could see his value as an early 2019 1st, maybe even a little more. But as an owner, I wouldn’t sell him for that. He has flashed potential in his limited touches, and there’s no reason to move him for a draft pick who would likely only be a year younger. Prior to his injury, he was arguably even with Saquan as far as RB prospects, and as he gets healthier, I don’t see why he could still be as good as advertised.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:22 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:00 am
KCLep20 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:33 am I got Chubb in the 2nd and am pumped about it. He will have another full year to heal, learn the offense, and in 2019 will be paired with. Young QB and a solid receiving Corp. best case they get rid of Hugh and Hyde and he’s potentially a top 10 RB. No way you sell that for a 1st.
MOFUGGA AINT HEALING!!!! HE HURT HIS KNEE OVER 2 YEARS AGO
BigBawseRoss, MD
Dean of Surgery at BigBawseUniversity