Corey Davis - is this it, will it get better?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Corey Davis’ development

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 am

Davis backers will point out all the non-Davis reasons for his disappointing career so far. But in my experience, elite, or even very good WRs show more than this despite bad situations.

I get a bad vibe with the Davis and the whole Titans organization. I'm not buying low on him. Let someone else sweat this one out.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:21 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 am Davis backers will point out all the non-Davis reasons for his disappointing career so far. But in my experience, elite, or even very good WRs show more than this despite bad situations.

I get a bad vibe with the Davis and the whole Titans organization. I'm not buying low on him. Let someone else sweat this one out.
Shades of Davante Parker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:42 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:21 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 am Davis backers will point out all the non-Davis reasons for his disappointing career so far. But in my experience, elite, or even very good WRs show more than this despite bad situations.

Shades of Davante Parker
Yes! Good comparison.

Supporters will always have reasons to stick with him, but much like Parker, it's just not working for whatever reason or reasons. When I look at my rosters, I'm happier not having a disappointment like Parker or Davis. If you still like him, great, the price will be even lower.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:13 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:42 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:21 am

Shades of Davante Parker
Yes! Good comparison.

Supporters will always have reasons to stick with him, but much like Parker, it's just not working for whatever reason or reasons. When I look at my rosters, I'm happier not having a disappointment like Parker or Davis. If you still like him, great, the price will be even lower.
Haha simple comparison, considering I drafted both as rookies. Parker is about to be dropped. Davis' clock is ticking

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 am

Have you seen the games?
I haven't and honestly rely on other people watching and telling me what is right.

Just for the sake of it, I took the time to watch game 1 vs. Miami (13 targets, but only 6 catches).
I have absolutely no idea how to actually play the game or how the ball should be put in order for it to be easy or difficult to catch (but my experience from playing handball is around your chest in front of receiver is best place to make the pass, so I'll go with that assumption).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkdaLzsJoPA

I'm using the 1:23 m "long" clip, seen it once in fast pace - and slowed it down for the second viewing.
First view -> 1 or 2 of the non-catches could perhaps have been caught by elite players.
T1 - Behind CD, he adjusts his route (plenty room in front for QB to make more of the play, perhaps 10+ y more could have been gained)
T2 - Perfect pass and catch
T3 - Pass a bit behind CD, he adjusts and catch
T4 - Pass not catchable without CD stepping out of bounds
T5 - Pass behind CD, he has to turn to catch (perhaps a TD if put correct)
T6 - Seems like a throwaway (dunno if his route were wrong)
T7 - Pass behind CD (behind the shoulder away from running direction, aka the shoulder towards QB). Catchable? I say 80 % no, as all other passes like this type of play were more in front of CD. It would have been a truly elite catch.
T8 - Pass seems to be a combination of to high and a bit behind CD. If to become catchable perhaps the height is doable (but still not a good pass), but should be more in front of CD.
T9 - Something is off here. Can't tell if CD missed the playcall or QB messed it up. If CD were more aware of the play perhaps he could have adjusted to the pass and catch it. The pass is behind CD BUT seems it shouldn't be to much in front either as there is pressure from defender to the frontside
T10 - Seems like a throwaway (dunno if his route were wrong)
T11 - Perfect pass and catch
T12- Terrible pass, CD standing still and waiting (no pressure on CD).
T13 - didn't show up in the clip.

After seing this I think the QB play is absolutely terrible, you could argue for ages how a OBJ or similar could have caught 1 or 2 more. But doesn't make me sleepless over his talent.
No spectacular catches, but he made most of what was given to him. IMO.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:10 am

unless mariota goes somewhere i am not interested in davis, its not him but his situation is not gonna change anytime soon
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:01 am

trc wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 am

Have you seen the games?
I haven't and honestly rely on other people watching and telling me what is right.
I have seen a few, but Titans games generally bore me and I move on. I don't consider myself a great source on Corey Davis, but I have enough information to make a call for me. It ain't workin'.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am

Ever since the Derek Mason era, the Titans have been a disappointment when it comes to sustained stud WR production. Remember Kenny Britt? Kendall Wright? DGB?

Until proven otherwise, it’s best to short sell the Titan’s receiving game.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:38 am

jordanzs wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am Ever since the Derek Mason era, the Titans have been a disappointment when it comes to sustained stud WR production. Remember Kenny Britt? Kendall Wright? DGB?

Don't forget Justin Hunter who was loved beyond belief around here.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:06 am

Threw in the towel this morning. Dropped him for Kirk.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:14 am

JJRules wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:06 am Threw in the towel this morning. Dropped him for Kirk.
Would have 0 problem with that in shallow rosters

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:34 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:48 pm Hard to be productive when the offense gives up more sacks than completed passes.
That's pretty much it. Like they said about Bledsoe once, you can't complete passes on your back.

The surprising part is that they were supposed to have a good line - no sure what happened.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Kleva1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kleva1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:15 pm

Yeah I’m in a tough spot with my roster. During the off-season I traded my upcoming first + for Diggs figuring one of Watkins/Davis/Parker/Crowder would step up to be my WR 3 or a decent bye week fill in and it’s not really working out that great.

None of the losing teams seem to put any value in Parker or Davis right now, which I can’t blame them, but it’s making it hard for me to even trade for another vet.
12 team contract/salary cap 0.5PPR, 6pt Pass Td, Cap increases 5% each yr, salaries increase 10% each yr, cutting penalties by years remaining, rookie line draft and FA auctions

24 man roster - 1Qb/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex/K/Def
Salary Cap $1145
Cap room available -$47

The Gurley Girls (2018):
QB - Tom Brady ($125, 1yrs), Phillip Rivers ($62, 3Yrs), Lamar Jackson ($15, 3 yrs)
RB - Gurley ($131, 3 yrs) Hyde ($81, 2 yrs) Joe Mixon ($44, 2 yrs), Jamaal Williams ($22, 2 yrs) Duke Johnson ($25, 3 yrs) John Kelly ($10, 3 yrs)
WR- Watkins ($106, 4 yrs) Michael Thomas ($47, 4 yrs) Stefon Diggs ($14, 3 yrs) Jamison Crowder ($10, 2 yrs) DeVante Parker ($58, 3 yrs) Martavis Bryant ($11, 4 yrs), Doug Baldwin ($41, 4 yrs) Corey Davis ($55, 2 yrs), Michael Gallup ($20, 3 yrs) Marquez Scantling-Valdes ($1, 5 yrs)
TE - Eric Ebron ($63, 2 yrs) Greg Olsen ($125, 1 yr)

Picks: 2019 - 3rd
Picks 2020 - 2nd, 3rd

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm

If only the Titans could play the Eagles 16 times this year, everything would be fine! :thumbup:

But yeah, hard and not worth trading Davis right now. I'm definitely holding, though realistically things might not get better until 2019.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:38 am
jordanzs wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am Ever since the Derek Mason era, the Titans have been a disappointment when it comes to sustained stud WR production. Remember Kenny Britt? Kendall Wright? DGB?

Don't forget Justin Hunter who was loved beyond belief around here.
Oh yes, you’re right. I literally did forget about him. Seriously