Derrick Henry Thread - Is he still King Henry post injury?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Derrick Henry

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:10 pm
jtsmalls wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:47 am If this guy is still on your roster you can't evaluate talent. He's terrible people.
Tennessee's offensive line ranks 26th in adjusted line yards. So, naturally a north/south RB isn't going to run well behind that line at high volume. Their line had too many injuries to start the season and played some really good run defenses.

I still think Henry is a good buy low. I don't see this as a case of the talent not living up to expectations as much as I do an offense that just has nothing going for them right now.
Everyone's favorite savant running back Dion Lewis actually has a worse YPC than Henry.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:22 pm
jtsmalls wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:47 am If this guy is still on your roster you can't evaluate talent. He's terrible people.
Tennessee's offensive line ranks 26th in adjusted line yards. So, naturally a north/south RB isn't going to run well behind that line at high volume. Their line had too many injuries to start the season and played some really good run defenses.

I still think Henry is a good buy low. I don't see this as a case of the talent not living up to expectations as much as I do an offense that just has nothing going for them right now.
Everyone's favorite savant running back Dion Lewis actually has a worse YPC than Henry.
Yep, both aren't doing anything. It's a run-first offense...that can't run. Like I said, I'd be buying low wherever I could. The offensive line has the talent to bounce back to the elite levels they were the past few years.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:31 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:17 pm The RB that Henry sort of reminds me of - not from a talent or profile perspective - but from a production history one - would be Mark Ingram.
That's interesting, because I just sold Derrick Henry for......Mark Ingram.

The full deal was Henry, 2019 mid-late 1st, and 2019 mid-late 3rd for Ingram and Boyd. Needed depth and a solid RB2 in a 14 team SF with 3 flex spots.

I'm all out on Henry, and I was a truther.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:46 pm

snaps06 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:31 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:17 pm The RB that Henry sort of reminds me of - not from a talent or profile perspective - but from a production history one - would be Mark Ingram.
That's interesting, because I just sold Derrick Henry for......Mark Ingram.

The full deal was Henry, 2019 mid-late 1st, and 2019 mid-late 3rd for Ingram and Boyd. Needed depth and a solid RB2 in a 14 team SF with 3 flex spots.

I'm all out on Henry, and I was a truther.
I like Henry but I think that is a good deal for you.

I just think it is interesting to compare Ingrams early situation to Henrys. Ingram for the first 3-4 years of his career was basically where Henry is now - always sharing or behind another RB in the backfield. Ingram had Sproles, Ivory, Pierre Thomas & even Khiry Robinson for a year keeping him from getting a full load - and Henry has had Demarco Murray and now Dion Lewis. Who knows what the future holds - maybe Tennessee is waiting for Henry to show them he doesnt need anyone sharing the load and they havent seen a sign that he is ready to do that yet *shrugs*
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:11 am

Does Henry run North/South though? I know he should, but a quick run through his highlights shows an awful lot of East/West and that stats have backed that up thus far in his career.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:11 am

Does Henry run North/South though? I know he should, but a quick run through his highlights shows an awful lot of East/West and that stats have backed that up thus far in his career.
No he doesn't run north/south and that is his problem. He tries to bounce way too many runs outside and plays so much smaller than his size. He looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. He is 6'3" 250 lbs and gets pulled on 3rd and short in favor of Dion Lewis. He needs to be in a I formation with a 4 yard head of steam to really be effective like he was at Bama. The issue is that kind of offense doesn't really exist in today's NFL. I was never high on Derrick Henry and I just don't see him ever being much more than he is now.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 am

Wrong. Derrick Henry is just one person.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:33 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 am
:lol: :lol:

Let’s eat Grandma!!!
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:46 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 am

No he doesn't run north/south and that is his problem. He tries to bounce way too many runs outside and plays so much smaller than his size. He looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. He is 6'3" 250 lbs and gets pulled on 3rd and short in favor of Dion Lewis. He needs to be in a I formation with a 4 yard head of steam to really be effective like he was at Bama. The issue is that kind of offense doesn't really exist in today's NFL. I was never high on Derrick Henry and I just don't see him ever being much more than he is now.
This is my biggest issue. He has great top end speed, but he needs a runway to get up to it. If he does, he can house it. If he not, it's alot of getting taken down at the LOS. He's a zero in the receiving game, so there is nothing bolstering that volatility.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 am
Maybe he meant Henry was as bad as any two other RBs ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Based on the way the TENN offense has looked this year it might be a good idea to change there offense and move to an I-Formation giving Henry a few yards to get his momentum moving forward.
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Tennessee is an absolute dumpster fire that just manages to win enough games to not get the high draft picks they need
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:17 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm Tennessee is an absolute dumpster fire that just manages to win enough games to not get the high draft picks they need
Watched the whole game today (Go Ravens) and was like wait when did TEN get 3 wins? Mariota was awful. I partly blame the line but he held that ball way too long on most of the sacks

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:43 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 am

No that is not his problem. Henry is not a classic north/south runner. His center of gravity is too high and his long legs prevent him from having the shiftiness necessary to run through traffic up the middle. That was exactly the problem with the way the previous coaching staff used him in their gap run scheme. The reality is Henry is not leaving yards on the field through a lack of vision, misreads, etc...there simply is no where to run as of yet. To this point, the entire offense is out of sync and performing horribly. I still believe that the zone running scheme of LaFleur will be a huge plus for Henry. Henry ran in a zone scheme at Alabama and he is perfectly suited for it. This entire offensive unit needs to improve and once it does, I believe Henry will start to put up big numbers.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Still aren't running the ball much. Ten sucks
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff