ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: What's wrong with Penny?

Postby ArrylT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:20 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:57 pm
Valhalla wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:02 pm

No one would waste their time on saving a penny. He’s probably on the street somewhere waiting for someone to come by and pick him up on the false hope of some good fortune coming their way.
Older pennys are usually more valuable than younger pennys. So maybe in a few years this penny will be worth more. 8-)
Only because the US mint began using zinc as a cheaper alternative to copper in 1982 to produce pennies. So a penny made in 1995 is not worth anything more than a penny made in 2018. Unfortunately age alone will not make this Penny worth even our thoughts.
Informative and funny at the same time - you're a double threat (unlike Penny?)! :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:22 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 am
_yeti wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 am 1) he does not run strong or finish runs, crumbling to NFL defenders.
2) he may have gained weight ...
A Penny will gain weight with tarnish, and over time, severe corrosion...which will make it susceptible to crumbling. This happens simply by exposure to the elements. Seems like it was inevitable.
Another owner who combines information with funny - Valhalla is also a double threat (and since he is passionate like all Vikings fans we could suggest he is a triple threat) too! 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 am

I wasn't a big Penny fan coming into it, but I'm still a bit surprised how things have shaken out. I figured he would be more involved. That said, I'm even less interested now.

Some of these rationalizations remind me of myself with RoJo. At some point, you've just got to accept it. I still want to believe in the talent, but it's getting harder and harder.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Just sold Penny + Carson for Alshon + Pettis. Getting tired of that backfield and already have 4 solid RBs ahead of that combo on my roster.

The Captain
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby The Captain » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Here are a few offers I’ve received for Penny in dynasty PPR. Haven’t been able to part with him so soon after picking him at 1.03:

Bortles/Kerryon Johnson for Wentz/Penny
Hines for Penny
Hines/Smallwood for Penny/Gallup
White/2019 2nd for Penny

I’m a lions homer so the Kerryon offer was tempting but the gap between Wentz and Bortles was too wide.

People are interested in him but they are all hoping to buy low from impatient owners.
12 Team PPR Dynasty
QB: Mahomes, Teddy B
RB: James Robinson, Montgomery, R. Jones II, D. Singletary M. Gaskin, S. Ahmad, J. Hill
WR: D Adams, Julio, Golladay, Theilen, Hilton, J. Brown
TE: Hockenson, Tonyan, Hooper, H. Bryant

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Wow I never been a Penny guy but it seems to early to lose hope and write someone off so early in there career. The dude hasn’t even gotten a realistic chance. Reminds me a lot of the RoJo situation (whom I was high on.)

This community is so up and down based on a play or a game it’s pretty wild. We are 5 weeks into the season some players just aren’t ready to play from the start. (Which can be for multiple reasons)
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:19 pm Wow I never been a Penny guy but it seems to early to lose hope and write someone off so early in there career. The dude hasn’t even gotten a realistic chance. Reminds me a lot of the RoJo situation (whom I was high on.)

This community is so up and down based on a play or a game it’s pretty wild. We are 5 weeks into the season some players just aren’t ready to play from the start. (Which can be for multiple reasons)
Agreed. Melvin Gordon owners who sold in his rookie year are probably regretting it. Some guys take a little longer. I was a Penny guy, and am disappointed, but it's not surprising. Coming from the MW conference, and missing the last month of training camp and 3 preseason games, I think it's completely understandable. He looked good against Arizona in the last game he had touches, so progress is being made, which is different to not seeing any improvement, but the other Seattle RB's are more seasoned and are running well, so all of this makes sense.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:46 pm

IBall2 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:10 pm Just sold Penny + Carson for Alshon + Pettis. Getting tired of that backfield and already have 4 solid RBs ahead of that combo on my roster.
My first update after trading away Penny, it's only been a few hours... But I already feel good seeeing that 27 points from Jeffrey tonight.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Penny

Postby PTW32 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:31 am

Rashaad Penny had 108 and a TD on 12 carries yesterday.

This is obviously a step in the right direction but should it give owners hope or was it just a matter of facing a bad run defense and an injury to Chris Carson?

I didnt watch alot of the game (i was watching redzone) but i thought he looked good in the plays I saw. It also seemed like they were using him in the redzone and the 4th quarter which to me are decent signs.

What does everything think?
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Penny

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 am

I didn't see the game, but it sounds like he took advantage of his opportunity, which is what you want to see from a rookie at this point. The stat line seems encouraging. I don't own him anywhere, but I do own a few shares of Rojo and would be ecstatic to see him with a line like that this year.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:09 am

He looked really quick on his runs. He is a tough runner too so to see his agility and burst was a great combo.

However, I could see Pete still using him as their 3rd guy in a RBBC...

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:19 am

He finally looked as trim as he did in college. Took long enough but glad to see him finally show what he could do.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:39 am

The stat line piqued my curiosity as well. Didn't see the game, and not sure what anyone can really tell from 1 game, but good to hear opinions I guess...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:41 am

Rams defense has been pretty suspect (coincidentally, like most of the high power teams) but definitely encouraging to see him take advantage of the opportunity.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:48 am

Hopefully Carroll gets fired when they miss the playoffs and they actually use this kid properly. He looked awesome yesterday.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick