Alvin Kamara: Confident or Concerned

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Kamara the RB1?

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:09 am

pvillebiker wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:38 pm yah, anybody surprised that Ingram got work his 1st game back after Kamara was overworked while he was out... probably not paying attention.
It's not outlandish to worry that the Saints would punish Ingram themselves and let him watch Kamara get 80% of the work. Especially since they're going into the bye.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am

Anyone saying they expected what we saw on MNF is flat out lying. Does this affect Kamara long term? No. However, I think most (myself included) just assumed Kamara was playing too well and looking too special to limit to single digit touches in any game. It will be an interesting situation to watch for the next few games but I dont think it should move the needle on Kamara's 2018 value right now....and certainly not his long term dynasty value.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:50 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:09 am
pvillebiker wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:38 pm yah, anybody surprised that Ingram got work his 1st game back after Kamara was overworked while he was out... probably not paying attention.
It's not outlandish to worry that the Saints would punish Ingram themselves and let him watch Kamara get 80% of the work. Especially since they're going into the bye.
Fair point, but he did already get 4 games of punishment. I was surprised he got as much play as he did, but figured he'd get a good bit.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: How freaked out are Kamara owners?

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:29 pm

mullmania wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:09 pm Me the Kamara owner sent a 2019 1st offer for Ingram

Got this counter

Get-Ingram
Give-Kamara, AJ Green, 2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Don’t do that folks ;)
That looks like a laundry list of things you have the other owner likes. Was there a message with that?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:55 pm

I received an offer of ARob & Chris Carson for my Kamara..

sigh.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:13 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:03 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 am The funny thing is there probably is one owner in every league who sent a lowball offer for Kamara last night.
Are you suggesting that would be a bad idea? Why not test the waters on a premier asset who just had a terribly mediocre outing?
After one game though?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:13 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:03 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 am The funny thing is there probably is one owner in every league who sent a lowball offer for Kamara last night.
Are you suggesting that would be a bad idea? Why not test the waters on a premier asset who just had a terribly mediocre outing?
After one game though?
There are a lot of redraft owners that have jumped into the dynasty game and don't have a grasp of long term value. All it took was one week of production from Valdes-Scantling and owners are jumping on board dumping better prospects for him. One bad week and there will be owners panicking.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:29 pm
mullmania wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:09 pm Me the Kamara owner sent a 2019 1st offer for Ingram

Got this counter

Get-Ingram

Don’t do that folks ;)
That looks like a laundry list of things you have the other owner likes. Was there a message with that?
No message. It was basically a fock you offer from a newbie dynasty owner playing in his first league.

I think he thought I way low balled him on the 2019 1st for Ingram. (Mind you he's got a very nice team but he's sitting at 1-4 with Ingram on bye and Chris Thompson who knows)

I hashed it out with him and he's more the mindset to win now and try and make a run. I usually play that way too.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:55 pm I received an offer of ARob & Chris Carson for my Kamara..

sigh.
yeti would have accepted that offer. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:53 pm

mullmania wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:28 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Got this counter

Get-Ingram

Don’t do that folks ;)
No message. It was basically a fock you offer from a newbie dynasty owner playing in his first league.

I think he thought I way low balled him on the 2019 1st for Ingram. (Mind you he's got a very nice team but he's sitting at 1-4 with Ingram on bye and Chris Thompson who knows)

I hashed it out with him and he's more the mindset to win now and try and make a run. I usually play that way too.
I'd have snap accepted your offer. Ingram turns 29 in a couple months and regardless of what happens this year his value plummets at the end of the season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:07 am

If Kamara was not on his rookie contract - one could say this was a way in which the team could limit his snaps & production to avoid paying certain bonus's - but those are usually found in veteran incentive laden contracts. Regardless it is always interesting to see players we expect to be used in a certain way, not get that usage.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:33 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am Anyone saying they expected what we saw on MNF is flat out lying. Does this affect Kamara long term? No. However, I think most (myself included) just assumed Kamara was playing too well and looking too special to limit to single digit touches in any game. It will be an interesting situation to watch for the next few games but I dont think it should move the needle on Kamara's 2018 value right now....and certainly not his long term dynasty value.
Not all of us have been drinking the Kamara kool-aid as much as others.
James McGhee wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 am All flags planted assume standard PPR scoring.

1. Ty Montgomery will be the highest scoring GB running back.
2. Mark Ingram will outscore Alvin Kamara.
3. The top scoring WR will NOT be one of AB, OBJ or Nuk.

Go big or go home. Can't wait to see how this bumps in a year, haha.
This was before his suspension so it obviously didn't age well, and was a bold flag to plant even at the time, but you get the gist. Some of us were not surprised when Ingram came out and was more than just a COP back to Kamara.

The entire discussion revolving around the two Saints RBs is not people overreacting to one game its people overreacting to the four games that came before it. The market is correcting.

It absolutely DOES NOT change Kamara's long term dynasty value. I would love to own him everywhere. But if you weren't expecting some correction when Ingram returned you were fooling yourself and you're going to be complaining a lot as the season goes on. To be honest I would love to have and start both.

If I were a Kamara owner, I'd be looking to buy-low on Ingram. I realize after a big game is a poor time to buy-low but Ingram has been faded in fantasy since the very beginning. His trade value has always been less than his production value. If I'm a competitor I'd gladly part with my 1st next year to add Ingram and start them both - or have the option to at the very least.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 am

James McGhee wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:33 am
The Red Rooster wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am Anyone saying they expected what we saw on MNF is flat out lying. Does this affect Kamara long term? No. However, I think most (myself included) just assumed Kamara was playing too well and looking too special to limit to single digit touches in any game. It will be an interesting situation to watch for the next few games but I dont think it should move the needle on Kamara's 2018 value right now....and certainly not his long term dynasty value.
James McGhee wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 am All flags planted assume standard PPR scoring.

This was before his suspension so it obviously didn't age well, and was a bold flag to plant even at the time, but you get the gist. Some of us were not surprised when Ingram came out and was more than just a COP back to Kamara.

The entire discussion revolving around the two Saints RBs is not people overreacting to one game its people overreacting to the four games that came before it. The market is correcting.

It absolutely DOES NOT change Kamara's long term dynasty value. I would love to own him everywhere. But if you weren't expecting some correction when Ingram returned you were fooling yourself and you're going to be complaining a lot as the season goes on. To be honest I would love to have and start both.

If I were a Kamara owner, I'd be looking to buy-low on Ingram. I realize after a big game is a poor time to buy-low but Ingram has been faded in fantasy since the very beginning. His trade value has always been less than his production value. If I'm a competitor I'd gladly part with my 1st next year to add Ingram and start them both - or have the option to at the very least.
The suspension is kind of the whole point though, isnt it? Pre-suspension, I still applaud you for your take...but post suspension...and post weeks 1-4...there is NO WAY anyone saw what happened on MNF coming (which, was what my post stated). Having said that, I 100% agree (and expected) a correction to Kamara's production was coming with an Ingram return...but single digit touches? It def caught me off guard.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:45 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 am
James McGhee wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:33 am

The suspension is kind of the whole point though, isnt it? Pre-suspension, I still applaud you for your take...but post suspension...and post weeks 1-4...there is NO WAY anyone saw what happened on MNF coming (which, was what my post stated). Having said that, I 100% agree (and expected) a correction to Kamara's production was coming with an Ingram return...but single digit touches? It def caught me off guard.
Well - to be honest I would be lying if I said I expected EXACTLY what happened as far as the workload split. It was a bit surprising. But i did expect Ingram to eat into his touches and to be productive with them.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine