Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Re: Mixon to the Hall of Fame

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am

I traded David Johnson for Mixon and a 1st.

Ended up turning the 1st into Will Fuller and Kenny Stills.

I'm feeling pretty good about those trades because I absolutely LOVE Mixon. I see him as being a top 10 RB for quite some time. I say top 10 and not top 5 only because there are a lot of talented RB's out there right now. If it were a few years ago, I'd claim him to be a top 5 guy. Mixon is a beast and he can catch. Love him!

I really like Gio as well. But, he isn't the bell cow that Mixon is. Hopefully Gio moves on to be a featured RB for a team in a couple of years. He is talented, but not as good as Mixon.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:19 am Did we stop keeping score?
Nah...Mixon was just "meh" against a defense that has had recent issues against the run so why post anything. Anybody who watched knows what they saw and nobody is going to let one game change their mind either way anyway.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:07 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 pm
Nah...Mixon was just "meh" against a defense that has had recent issues against the run so why post anything. Anybody who watched knows what they saw and nobody is going to let one game change their mind either way anyway.
Now you're just trolling.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:10 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with Mixon. He’s one of the most enjoyable RBs for me to watch ... his talent is undeniable. But the negatives of being on a Marvin Lewis coached team, can’t be ignored. Even last week, it was maddening that CIN did not involve him more in the passing game. Then he made a great play on the TD catch, and it seemed like CIN remembered how dangerous he could be both running & recieving. I just wish CIN would gameplay his versatility into their offense from the start of games. If you Lewis & Lazor scripted the start of games like Andy Reid, he’d be a Top 5 RB no question.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Sorry, Mixon. Missed a bunch of weeks but is 2+ overall points ahead of Collins.

I think it’s oretty safe to call Mixon the winner, but if others want to keep the original ridiculous premise alive we can keep keeping score.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:25 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:22 pm
Sorry, Mixon. Missed a bunch of weeks but is 2+ overall points ahead of Collins.

I think it’s oretty safe to call Mixon the winner, but if others want to keep the original ridiculous premise alive we can keep keeping score.
Any argument that Collins has as much talent as Mixon just isn't founded in the tape. Collins has heart though. I'll give him that. And he's fun to watch run.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Mixon is winning in the 20+ carry column 5-3 since the start of 2017.

Reception wise Mixon is winning 39 receptions to 32.

That is inspite of Mixon missing 5 games to Collins 1 over that 21 game span - regardless of talent Mixon is getting more target opportunity than Collins.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:57 am

maxhyde wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 pm
I wish my team's issues were being 7th in YPC allowed and top half in TD allowed :confused: . I wish a 1,488 yard pace was "meh" for my RB :liar:

TireFactory
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TireFactory » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 am

So, would you all give up Mixon for 2019 first and second round (both late most likely) and 2020 first? I was offered this deal an hour ago. My team is 1-4 and on the track for a high pick next year. However, the team is really young right now.
12 Team Dynasty League - .25 PPR
25 player roster - Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE 1 D, 1 K
QB - Roethlisberger, Jones, Carr
RB - Mixon, Cook, Robinson, Gordon, Lindsay, Michel, Darrynton Evans, Deejay Dallas
WR - Hopkins, Boyd, Lockett, Slayton, Shepard, Cooks, Harry, Hightower, Sutton - IR
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Herndon

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:35 am

TireFactory wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 am So, would you all give up Mixon for 2019 first and second round (both late most likely) and 2020 first? I was offered this deal an hour ago. My team is 1-4 and on the track for a high pick next year. However, the team is really young right now.
I wouldn't. Mixon is only 22, he's going to be a top 10 RB and the type of 3 down RB you build around. but that's me personally, I am built around Barkley/Mixon and do not ever intend to move them.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:27 am

TireFactory wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 am So, would you all give up Mixon for 2019 first and second round (both late most likely) and 2020 first? I was offered this deal an hour ago. My team is 1-4 and on the track for a high pick next year. However, the team is really young right now.
There is zero reason to sell Mixon for a package of anything unless it's a strong, strong overpay. This would not be close to that for me.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 pm

I admit defeat on the Collins V Mixon battle. It was fun tho, wish more ppl would go out on a limb with their hot takes lol.

I still think Collins is a great player, but man, that fumblitis got him bad and I doubt he ever sees the workload he'd need to hit his ceiling. Fully expect, Dixon to come back after the bye and take over as a lead back, then Balt to draft a RB decently high in the draft.

I think it's obvs now that Mixon will be a solid NFL RB. While I don't hold him in as high regard as some of the community, he should be good for the future.

Re that 2019 1st/2nd and 2020 1st trade...I wouldn't make it. The 2019 class hasn't been impressing me, and 2020 is too far away. That trade package as too many question marks, you'd have to get an actual young player with upside back on top of the picks.

If you just want to deal him, try for Guice and a pair of 1sts or something similar. That would be a far more fair trade (I'm not crazy high on Guice).

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 pm I admit defeat on the Collins V Mixon battle. It was fun tho, wish more ppl would go out on a limb with their hot takes lol.

I still think Collins is a great player, but man, that fumblitis got him bad and I doubt he ever sees the workload he'd need to hit his ceiling. Fully expect, Dixon to come back after the bye and take over as a lead back, then Balt to draft a RB decently high in the draft.

I think it's obvs now that Mixon will be a solid NFL RB. While I don't hold him in as high regard as some of the community, he should be good for the future.

Re that 2019 1st/2nd and 2020 1st trade...I wouldn't make it. The 2019 class hasn't been impressing me, and 2020 is too far away. That trade package as too many question marks, you'd have to get an actual young player with upside back on top of the picks.

If you just want to deal him, try for Guice and a pair of 1sts or something similar. That would be a far more fair trade (I'm not crazy high on Guice).
Good to see you coming around on Mixon.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm

No thanks, I'd need significant proven piece coming back to me if I was trading away a Rb like Mixon. One thing people haven't mentioned this year is he is the 3rd highest percentage of teams touches in the NFL behind only Zeke and DJ. Thats a monster stat that pretty much guarantees top 5-6 production on volume alone.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:11 pm One thing people haven't mentioned this year is he is the 3rd highest percentage of teams touches in the NFL behind only Zeke and DJ. Thats a monster stat that pretty much guarantees top 5-6 production on volume alone.
As long as he can stay healthy :shock: