David Moore Anyone?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David Moore Anyone?

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 am

Anyone have thoughts on this guy? He was the clear WR3 in Seattle this week, in front of BMarsh and JBrown. Neither of those names strike fear into the hearts of defenses. Doug Baldwin looks like he has one foot in the grave, and Ty Lockett is the only decent WR there. No TE to speak of and RBs are a mess.

Moore probably doesn’t have much of a future, or really even value this year, but is he worth a stash? A 7th round WR doesn’t normally stick around, but the WR situation in Seattle is muddled as anything.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: David Moore Anyone?

Postby The Red Rooster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 am

I am curious about this also. His TDs this past weekend were not anything overly impressive but, I know I kept hearing how the Seahawks loved him all preseason (though, they then brought in Marshall and Brown).

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:19 am

I am back and fourth on how much % of my FAAB budget to spend. He is tough to gauge.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 am

I bid 3% of my budget on him and lost. Someone else bid the same amount. However, I'm currently in first place, so I lost the tiebreaker.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jetsfan06 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 am

I put 5% on him and won with no one else placing a bid. He has the size/speed for the position and as previously mentioned, the people in front of him are injury prone. Seems like a worthy dart throw to me

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:14 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 am I am curious about this also. His TDs this past weekend were not anything overly impressive but, I know I kept hearing how the Seahawks loved him all preseason (though, they then brought in Marshall and Brown).
Yeah the buzz in preseason is what peaked my interest. Seems like he could actually become something. Enunwa type maybe, more or less. The seahawks WR's are such a mess right now, anything could happen. His overall profile on paper is really good, the only negative is his draft pedigree.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:23 pm

I drafted and stashed him on taxi in a deep 14 team SF with 25 man rosters and 4 taxi last season. He's a solid athlete and I've always thought he has some decent upside if he finds the right situation, which I think he has. Glad I kept him on taxi in the off-season. I had also stashed him in a shallower league about 3 weeks ago.

Definitely worth a dart throw IMO.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:29 pm

I stashed him for my team 2. Tried to snag him for team 1, but got outbid (someone bid like 8% of their FAAB)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Stashed him right before his mini breakout last week. 8-)

If Schottenheimer ever remembers the year is 2018 and not 1988 and thus lets Wilson throw the ball again, I think Moore could be pretty good eventually. Decent size, very good play-strength, good straight-line speed, can get some yards after catch. I think a little too much has been made of some of his catches, though; too often he doesn't actually go up and get the ball with correct technique. For example, this catch was actually bad. Good release off the line, showed his athleticism, but he shouldn't be basket-catching / body-catching that ball. Almost fell through his arms. Meet it with your hands, David. Does it again on the first catch, here.
slaughterrt wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 am A 7th round WR doesn’t normally stick around
You know the Hawks got Darboh in the 3rd round from the same class as Moore? And that's the most draft capital they've spent on a WR since Lockett in '15.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:19 am

I end up getting him spending 7% of my budget.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am

own him on nearly all my teams as a waiver claim this summer. just a hunch add, and im anxious to see what develops here. i thought he looked developed from everything that i happened to find. seems like a "football player" type guy, and i like that type of prospect.

ckbeav
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ckbeav » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:07 pm

I grabbed him. Pretty typical of my league that he was still available. Had a spot to fill after Enunwa went on my IR (designated as OUT on Yahoo scoring). Just a stash, we'll see what he does after the buy week and beyond. Film looks solid, he looks pretty thicc, and like an anquan boldin type strider.
10-Team, PPR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R
QB: CJ Stroud
WR: AJ Brown, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, Demario Douglas, Christian Watson, Elijah Moore, Marvin Mims, Wan'Dale Robinson, Rashod Bateman
RB: Bijan Robinson, Jonathan Taylor, Javonte Williams, Ken Walker, Zach Moss, Jaleel McLaughlin
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave, Greg Dulcich, Jelani Woods
2013, 2016, 2021 Champ

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 am

Bump.

What do you guys think now? Stash him over a guy like Enunwa, or even Crabtree (getting tired of holding him)? I am really looking for upside more than high floor, FYI...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:42 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:23 am Bump.

What do you guys think now? Stash him over a guy like Enunwa, or even Crabtree (getting tired of holding him)? I am really looking for upside more than high floor, FYI...
I'd hold him over both those guys and have been for a few weeks now. He was a fingertip away from a fourth straight week with a TD from Wilson. He got more targets than Baldwin and Lockett last week too, though part of that was due to good coverage on the other two WRs.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd