Fournette - what to do with him

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Leonard Fournette, crash coming?

Postby heyfeefellskee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:44 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:43 pm I see both sides here. His injury history includes several soft tissue problems and minor sprains. When he isn't able to play or finish games, yes, it affects his dynasty performance and value. However, at the same time, we have to remind ourselves that we aren't talking Achilles injurys or ACL, or even multiple serious concussions - and, just as important - that he is 23. Last year he missed 4 games I think, and accounted for about 1300 total yards and around 10 TDs. So... both sides have points.

Bottom line is, because of his injury history he isn't included in the top tier of dynasty rb's. Until he can overcome the soft tissue issues and minor injuries that he has been going through that cause him to miss time, he'll remain toward the bottom of that 2nd tier or so. I acquired him recently and he will be my 3rd or 4th rb, so for me, on that team, I can afford some patience. If you are depending on him right now as your rb1 on your squad, or have in the recent past while he was injured, I understand the frustration.
Bingo. We must bump him down due to recurring injury concerns, despite the fact that--when healthy--he's producing as an RB1.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:47 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:39 pm
dm1129 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:32 pm
heyfeefellskee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:29 pm

When you have a player missing 3 (and 2 half) games due to injury in a game where a season is 16 weeks, yes.

Again, we aren't talking real football here. We are talking fantasy. You need players to score points in fantasy. And in order to those players to score points, you need them to be doing things on the field.

Not being on the field = not scoring points.

When you own a player that shows a pattern over the course of 2+ seasons of being unable to play due to [minor] injuries, it is 100% significant in terms of dynasty.
Judging by your avatar, you must be using your medical crystal ball to detemine that Fournette has a pattern of medical issues which will continue into the future. Got it.
I've got great news for you--no crystal ball is needed! That's right, anyone can look at his NFL career and see how his health has affected his play. Yes--even you!

2016 (Final year at LSU)
  • Ankle (missed 4 games)
2017:
  • Ankle Sprain--missed 1 game
  • Quadricep strain--missed 1 game
2018:
  • Hamstring sprain--currently on track to miss 3 games; unable to finish 2 games.
Denying the fact that games missed = no points scored = impact on your roster is plain foolishness.
If you think this is conclusive evidence, then you are truly piss poor doctor..haha. Cook has missed more games than Fournette yet no similar discussion. People love to harp about Fournette and his injury risk. Is there a concern? Yes , but way too many times I have seen the same argument and the player goes on to be fine.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:53 pm

dm1129 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:47 pm If you think this is conclusive evidence, then you are truly piss poor doctor..haha. Cook has missed more games than Fournette yet no similar discussion. People love to harp about Fournette and his injury risk. Is there a concern? Yes , but way too many times I have seen the same argument and the player goes on to be fine.
First off... you're embarrassing yourself with this doctor talk. Go do a google image search if you're having that hard of a time figuring out who that is.

Second... not sure where this Cook talk is coming from, but I'm with you. Very significant injury for a guy that had question marks surrounding his athleticism before he even arrived in the NFL. Slow your roll, bub.

Finally...
Is there a concern? Yes

This is the point. For the upteenth time, it's not about the medical significance of the injury. It's about the impact on a fantasy roster. I'm glad we can agree that yes, his health is a concern.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:56 pm

^ True. His list of missed games and minor injuries is very frustrating for owners that invested heavy in him and planned on depending on him. That part is easy to understand. But, lets not pretend that playing rb in the NFL is easy and without risk of injury. The case of Fournette is the classic case that drives fantasy owners to build around wr. Some rb can play while hurt. Fournette for one reason or another hasn't been able to avoid the injury report.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Would anyone trade derrick henry for fournette?

Thinking about offering henry and a 2nd for fournette to a guy I know likes henry
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:20 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm Would anyone trade derrick henry for fournette?

Thinking about offering henry and a 2nd for fournette to a guy I know likes henry
Definitely, but I doubt he'd take it.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:24 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm Would anyone trade derrick henry for fournette?

10 times out of 10.

I'd give very low odds to that offer getting accepted, though.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:04 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:53 pm
dm1129 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:47 pm If you think this is conclusive evidence, then you are truly piss poor doctor..haha. Cook has missed more games than Fournette yet no similar discussion. People love to harp about Fournette and his injury risk. Is there a concern? Yes , but way too many times I have seen the same argument and the player goes on to be fine.
First off... you're embarrassing yourself with this doctor talk. Go do a google image search if you're having that hard of a time figuring out who that is.

Second... not sure where this Cook talk is coming from, but I'm with you. Very significant injury for a guy that had question marks surrounding his athleticism before he even arrived in the NFL. Slow your roll, bub.

Finally...
Is there a concern? Yes

This is the point. For the upteenth time, it's not about the medical significance of the injury. It's about the impact on a fantasy roster. I'm glad we can agree that yes, his health is a concern.
heyfeefellskee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Finally...
Is there a concern? Yes

No, clearly I never thought you are a doctor...(I thought even you could figure that out).

What is the title of this thread that you continue to post in?.........................

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:31 pm

would you two like to take this little love quarrel elsewhere? perhaps you two would be more comfortable in one of our private forum rooms

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:24 pm

10 times out of 10.

yea I doubt he would either but I don't think it's a bad starting point for DH believers
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:31 pm would you two like to take this little love quarrel elsewhere? perhaps you two would be more comfortable in one of our private forum rooms
But then what would we do with our popcorn? :(
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 pm
heyfeefellskee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:24 pm

10 times out of 10.

yea I doubt he would either but I don't think it's a bad starting point for DH believers
They should mention Henry has missed a total of 1 game over the last 2 1/2 seasons. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:25 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:29 pm

When you have a player missing 3 (and 2 half) games due to injury in a game where a season is 16 weeks, yes.

Again, we aren't talking real football here. We are talking fantasy. You need players to score points in fantasy. And in order to those players to score points, you need them to be doing things on the field.

Not being on the field = not scoring points.

When you own a player that shows a pattern over the course of 2+ seasons of being unable to play due to [minor] injuries, it is 100% significant in terms of dynasty.
Judging by your avatar, you must be using your medical crystal ball to detemine that Fournette has a pattern of medical issues which will continue into the future. Got it.
I've got great news for you--no crystal ball is needed! That's right, anyone can look at his NFL career and see how his health has affected his play. Yes--even you!

2016 (Final year at LSU)
  • Ankle (missed 4 games)
2017:
2018:
  • Hamstring sprain--currently on track to miss 3 games; unable to finish 2 games.
Denying the fact that games missed = no points scored = impact on your roster is plain foolishness.

Did Heyfeefellskee just come to my defense? Am I dead? Have I ascended into some sort of dynasty heaven?

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:19 am

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:25 pm

2016 (Final year at LSU)
  • Ankle (missed 4 games)
2017:
2018:

Did Heyfeefellskee just come to my defense? Am I dead? Have I ascended into some sort of dynasty heaven?
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe?

Is this what it feels like when the Ghostbusters cross the streams?

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:17 am

I think JAX just needs to place the guy on IR until he's able to come back later this season.

He already tried rushing back once and it prolonged the injury.