Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: So you're telling me there's a chance! Chris Carson Edition ***POLL***

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:30 am It'll be funny when Mike Davis finishes the season as the lead back.
ftfy :P
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Seahawk fan, guilty as charged! I voted option #3 and think that's still what comes to pass, but obviously health of the players involved will play a role as to how this eventually pans out over the course of the season. A couple of things I thought have been interesting about the situation to date:

1. It appears the noise about Penny shooting up to 240lbs was accurate, but he's been dropping weight over the last several weeks and is starting to look a little better. But I question how that happened in the first place unless Penny did it on purpose. It's either that, or he wasn't working hard enough. Time will tell. I do see better days ahead for him though.

2. This situation isn't playing out like the Hyde/Chubb competition in Cleveland. Rather than Penny looking better than Carson with his limited touches, it still appears to me that Carson is playing better football and deserves more touches. Mike Davis is a player the team likes and he'll have a role, but I'm certain they hope he slots in at #3 in the pecking order of primary backs. Penny needs to hold him off and continue to improve.

3. Apparently the emphasis on running the football no longer extends to Russell Wilson's legs. It really looks like Schottenheimer wants him to stay in the pocket primarily. Coach Speak is that Wilson still has freedom to create, change plays, and improvise as he sees fit. But it sure doesn't look that way on the field. The offense is very conservative (kinda boring) and it seems likely that Wilson will post the lowest rushing totals of his career to date. This offense looks similar to that of his rookie year (minus Marshawn Lynch).

4. The offensive line with regard to run blocking isn't nearly as bad as many like to parrot. The pass blocking still isn't great, but overall the line has improved from 2017. Unfortunately, the passing game isn't helping open things up for the run either. The team's pass catchers as a group are the worst they've fielded in years, especially with Baldwin balky. Hopefully they continue to add talent along the line and at WR/TE via F.A. and the draft in 2019. Shame about Dissly, as he was looking like a nice surprise and was a heck of a blocker as well.

5. CJ Prosise is indeed made of glass, and is more suited to hold a bouquet of flowers than a football. Too bad, since I do think he's a talented player.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks for the insight Shoreline... I was hearing the line was still doo doo. Run blocking is a different game but the Hawks are a mess right now as a whole. Tough to get anything going

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:00 pm Seahawk fan, guilty as charged! I voted option #3 and think that's still what comes to pass, but obviously health of the players involved will play a role as to how this eventually pans out over the course of the season. A couple of things I thought have been interesting about the situation to date:

1. It appears the noise about Penny shooting up to 240lbs was accurate, but he's been dropping weight over the last several weeks and is starting to look a little better. But I question how that happened in the first place unless Penny did it on purpose. It's either that, or he wasn't working hard enough. Time will tell. I do see better days ahead for him though.

2. This situation isn't playing out like the Hyde/Chubb competition in Cleveland. Rather than Penny looking better than Carson with his limited touches, it still appears to me that Carson is playing better football and deserves more touches. Mike Davis is a player the team likes and he'll have a role, but I'm certain they hope he slots in at #3 in the pecking order of primary backs. Penny needs to hold him off and continue to improve.

3. Apparently the emphasis on running the football no longer extends to Russell Wilson's legs. It really looks like Schottenheimer wants him to stay in the pocket primarily. Coach Speak is that Wilson still has freedom to create, change plays, and improvise as he sees fit. But it sure doesn't look that way on the field. The offense is very conservative (kinda boring) and it seems likely that Wilson will post the lowest rushing totals of his career to date. This offense looks similar to that of his rookie year (minus Marshawn Lynch).

4. The offensive line with regard to run blocking isn't nearly as bad as many like to parrot. The pass blocking still isn't great, but overall the line has improved from 2017. Unfortunately, the passing game isn't helping open things up for the run either. The team's pass catchers as a group are the worst they've fielded in years, especially with Baldwin balky. Hopefully they continue to add talent along the line and at WR/TE via F.A. and the draft in 2019. Shame about Dissly, as he was looking like a nice surprise and was a heck of a blocker as well.

5. CJ Prosise is indeed made of glass, and is more suited to hold a bouquet of flowers than a football. Too bad, since I do think he's a talented player.
Couldn't have put it any better. This team, sadly, is a dumpster fire right now. Our offense is one of the worst in the league and I'd lay much of the blame squarely on the coaching staff. :wall:

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:52 pm

19 rush attempts, 116 yards

Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:44 am

Vendetta wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:57 pm Couldn't have put it any better. This team, sadly, is a dumpster fire right now. Our offense is one of the worst in the league and I'd lay much of the blame squarely on the coaching staff. :wall:
Have to say I was impressed with the execution today overall. Two consecutive penalties after a long completion to Lockett killed Seattle's chances on their last drive of the 4th quarter. They were awfully close to Janikowski's range assuming he could nail the kick.

I stand by my earlier assessment though. Wilson was efficient today in netting 3td's on only 21 attempts, And he didn't run at all. The running game was effective, so they leaned on it. Penny just wasn't a part of the plan today, and I imagine his usage will be a bit unpredictable while Cason and Davis remain healthy.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:11 pm

Will be interesting to see which Seattle RB has the most success against my Raiders this week. I would not be surprised to see 30+ carries by whomever is this weeks bellcow or perhaps 2 RBs with 15+ carries.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 pm

I'm starting Carson and Davis... Raiders are awful and they split it pretty evenly last week... But maybe they rack up a lead an play penny? Yolo amiright?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 pm I'm starting Carson and Davis... Raiders are awful and they split it pretty evenly last week... But maybe they rack up a lead an play penny? Yolo amiright?
Raiders handled Melvin Gordon well last week, IDK, I wouldn't put 2 RB's out there like that. It might work, but I wouldn't trust last week to be the norm, personally.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:11 pm Will be interesting to see which Seattle RB has the most success against my Raiders this week. I would not be surprised to see 30+ carries by whomever is this weeks bellcow or perhaps 2 RBs with 15+ carries.
Our boys are in full tank/rebuild mode, despite what they might be saying in the press conferences.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:16 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:11 pm Will be interesting to see which Seattle RB has the most success against my Raiders this week. I would not be surprised to see 30+ carries by whomever is this weeks bellcow or perhaps 2 RBs with 15+ carries.
I am expecting 200 yards rushing..

...by each.

...just kidding...

I hope.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:10 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:16 am
I am expecting 200 yards rushing..

...by each.

...just kidding...

I hope.
Indeed. :pray:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:12 am

My thinking is that if the hawks can put up 190 yards vs the Rams they should be able to do well vs the Raiders. Or should I slot in Freeman or Dede... Probably not Dede
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:30 pm

Carson 23 carries, 154 yards
2 receptions 34 yards
2 total tds.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Week 8
Carson:
25 carries 105 yards, 1 TD, 2 rec for 19 yards

Davis:
10 carries for 33 yards, 1 rec for 2 yards

Penny:
0 touches

This debate is over. The 2% wins!
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant